9/13/2018 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 8:09 PM

Hailie Deegan, that is.

NASCAR K&N Series on the dirt track in Las Vegas. Photo

|

9/13/2018 8:21 PM

Wow that's awesome! Good going girl!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/13/2018 8:35 PM

Without that picture this could have gone so many different ways.

|

9/13/2018 8:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 8:38 PM

I'm kinda drunk and rambling here so don't take it the wrong way because I'm not trying to discredit anyone but isn't it kinda crazy how the sort of mentality and skill that can be passed along in genes?

To be in the upper echelon of any sport always takes that extra bit of natural talent, along with tons of work of course. Of course you always need that financial backing to fully support your hobbies but there's more to it than that. It always seems the offspring of any athlete is always super naturally talented. Like you see all these privateers going at it day after day, and while they are still better than 90%, they still don't have that extra bit to get them to the next level. Does it just take a couple of generations to pass down that elite talent?

I'm not extremely good at anything, therefore I'm going to blame my genes and start pumping out a bunch of kids in hopes one of them can make it. grin

So awesome for her, though! Looks like she has a bright future ahead!

|

9/13/2018 8:54 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I'm kinda drunk and rambling here so don't take it the wrong way because I'm not trying to discredit anyone but isn't it kinda ...more

"The apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree"
People also tend to become their environment.
I don't think it's genes. I think those Deegan kids have a role model who learned from mistakes and steered his kids in a better direction. I can relate on a slower, poorer scale so far.

|

9/13/2018 8:59 PM

This is really cool!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

9/13/2018 11:43 PM

Congrats to Halie, and the the Deegan family. Agree with mikec265 in the fact that Mom and Dad got it going on with raising their kiddos! Life In The Fast lane...The Eagles.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/14/2018 12:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 3:52 PM

Isn't she only like 17, too? That makes getting pole position even more impressive to me.

**Edited to make it sound less stripper-ish.

|

9/14/2018 12:21 AM

Deegans kids do well because they love to do it, started at a young age and seem to have almost unlimited resources. Haiden might have goid genetics. Haily I think is the result of work. She races NASCAR, offroad trucks and dirt track.

|

9/14/2018 12:40 AM

Very cool. You know a lot of hard work and money went into that.

|

9/14/2018 4:21 AM

Some pretty big companies are banking on it too. Toyota,Napa and Mobile 1 on that B pillar. Impressive to get it on a dirt track. She'll feel comfortable driving a loose car later on.

|

9/14/2018 4:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 4:44 AM

Good for her! That is awesome. Maybe she will make it far in car racing. I know their ultimate goal is to make it to the top in NASCAR.

I definitely believe some people are born with a very high level of hand eye coordination, quick reaction times, extremely good muscle control, strong muscles, etc. Those type of people could excel at almost any sport they choose if they apply themselves from a young age.

A long time friend of mine sent me a video of his boy who had recently turned 3 yrs old riding a bicycle without training wheels. His son could stand up out of the saddle and crank hard on the pedals coming down the road, then jam on the coaster brake and skid the rear end of his bike out controlling the slide as a young 3 yr old!

|

9/14/2018 4:52 AM

I saw “deegan on the pole” and thought what? Hes stripping? Then i said “hailie deegan” and was like OHHHH SHITTT

|

9/14/2018 5:34 AM

That's awesome! Go Hailie!

|

9/14/2018 10:03 AM

very tongue in cheek coming from GuyB - i could see someone's post getting clipped for this level of double entendre.

nice work tho!

|

9/14/2018 10:21 AM

Family full of success.

|

9/14/2018 10:55 AM

Sully wrote:

Isn't she only like 17, too? That makes getting pole position even more impressive to me.

**Edited to make it sound less ...more

Not sure if...

Never mind, I won't even go there.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/14/2018 11:02 AM

BobKerr wrote:

Good for her! That is awesome. Maybe she will make it far in car racing. I know their ultimate goal is to make it to the top ...more

Mine started on his bicycle on his 3rd birthday after 20 mins of trying. He was on training wheels for less then 2 weeks before that. He rode a pw like 4 months later after taking 1 lap around the yard with my buddy. Then about 20 mins in he squared up to a hill and ramp the hillside to the road while we just watched with out telling him to try it.
He made it to Loretta's riding/racing once a month.

He is one of those kids I would have hated, but would have picked to be on my team when I was little. He is natural at everything from baseball, soccer, basketball, moto, swimming (front and back flips off the high dive at age 4) and school.

He started driving the zero turn mower at 4 years old, mowing the neighbors yard and ours to earn money at age 6.

I hope he keeps his drive, desire to work for the rest of his life, because can be one of those kids who literally could do anything he wants in life.
Photo636652812783248006-02-dirtbiker by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

9/14/2018 11:05 AM

Awesome. Hard to separate the Brian Deegan I grew up watching with the killer family man he seems to be these days but its awesome to see. His kids seem to really be loving life and are obviously full of talent.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

9/14/2018 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 11:20 AM

aeffertz wrote:

I'm kinda drunk and rambling here so don't take it the wrong way because I'm not trying to discredit anyone but isn't it kinda ...more

I'll be that guy... in NASCAR it's all about $$. Even more so than moto, you can win just by having the fastest car there. No doubt she can drive, and no doubt she has years of practice, but lets be real - her real entry into the sport were the funds backing her up.

|

9/14/2018 11:25 AM

kNewc wrote:

I'll be that guy... in NASCAR it's all about $$. Even more so than moto, you can win just by having the fastest car there. No ...more

$$$ may have got her foot in the door, evidently it is natural driving ability that got her the pole.

|

9/14/2018 11:29 AM

aeffertz wrote:

kNewc wrote:

I'll be that guy... in NASCAR it's all about $$. Even more so than moto, you can win just by having the fastest car there. No ...more

CalRMX wrote:

$$$ may have got her foot in the door, evidently it is natural driving ability that got her the pole.

I wouldn't say natural driving ability. She's been riding/practicing since she was little on go-karts. I'm not doubting she is good. But to say natural talent and this other BS is pure shit IMO. Practice and hard work beats natural talent - but that's a complete other argument I guess.

|

9/14/2018 1:29 PM

kNewc wrote:

I wouldn't say natural driving ability. She's been riding/practicing since she was little on go-karts. I'm not doubting she is ...more

Ron Lechein and possibly JLAW are the exception to that argument.

|

9/14/2018 1:35 PM

kb228 wrote:

I saw “deegan on the pole” and thought what? Hes stripping? Then i said “hailie deegan” and was like OHHHH SHITTT

shes 17.

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

9/14/2018 3:50 PM

Sully wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Not sure if...

Ya know, normally my brain works well enough to catch stuff like that before I hit submit.

|

9/14/2018 5:10 PM

Can someone explain to an Aussie the mx equivalent of the K&N series??

|

9/14/2018 5:25 PM

mingham97 wrote:

Can someone explain to an Aussie the mx equivalent of the K&N series??

My guess would be the following;

K&N Series = National B Class
Xfinity Series = National A/Pro Class
M.E. Cup Series = AMA Pro MX/SX

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/14/2018 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 5:28 PM

Sully wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Not sure if...

Sully wrote:

Ya know, normally my brain works well enough to catch stuff like that before I hit submit.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing wink cool

I feel dirty for even thinking of it myself.
|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/14/2018 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 5:31 PM

CalRMX wrote:

kNewc wrote:

I wouldn't say natural driving ability. She's been riding/practicing since she was little on go-karts. I'm not doubting she is ...more

mxrose3 wrote:

Car racing is a different animal. There are tons of really good drivers racing week in week out at short tracks across the country. To make it further, you need money, talent and the experience to help your crew get your car where it needs to be week in and week out. The last part is the hardest. No matter how good your crew is, you won't unload good every week. If you can't relate the right info to the crew, you won't be successful.

edit...good for Hailie, I actually think that she has a really good shot at being the first actually successful female driver.

|

9/14/2018 6:00 PM

kNewc wrote:

mxrose3 wrote:

BAMX wrote:

Car racing is a different animal. There are tons of really good drivers racing week in week out at short tracks across the ...more

Come on man. Any athlete who makes it to the top league/series of their sport is successful. Any female to do it against males is even more successful. Not everyone gets to be a hall of famer or champion.

|