Deegan bike claimed? Everyone, please stop now

8/7/2022 11:26pm
I want to know how Star “discussed” their way out of getting the bike claimed.
tek14 wrote:
Guy who made claim will get some trick Yamahas at his door next week but not Deegans Pro bike.
Five people downvoted you.

I’d like to ask those five people if they could suggest conceivable reasons why the claim would be rescinded.

Go!
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
8/7/2022 11:58pm
Considering they are the premier team in AMA mx and sx - they may have offered the claimer a ride one day?

Money
8/8/2022 4:15am
Word has it when the ama guys went to deegans pit to get the bike all the star guys were freaking out and were not too happy. Since it was getting claimed the bike would have had to stay in the ama possession after each race. Also a little interesting star changed out the engine after the star claim. I would bet the farm that pro engine came out and a true amateur engine went in.

The Shop

WVHick
8/8/2022 4:33am
I’m sure the bike is why he won 4 out of 6 motos by 8+ seconds. Smart to try and buy it.
88FYNN88
8/8/2022 4:34am
Money wrote:
Word has it when the ama guys went to deegans pit to get the bike all the star guys were freaking out and were not too...
Word has it when the ama guys went to deegans pit to get the bike all the star guys were freaking out and were not too happy. Since it was getting claimed the bike would have had to stay in the ama possession after each race. Also a little interesting star changed out the engine after the star claim. I would bet the farm that pro engine came out and a true amateur engine went in.
If that is true, Deegan posted one of the top lap times on that "True AM Engine".
Sully
8/8/2022 4:49am
Sully wrote:
Instead of some grand conspiracy that Brian Deegan and Yamaha paid off the guy who made the claim, does anyone else think that word got out...
Instead of some grand conspiracy that Brian Deegan and Yamaha paid off the guy who made the claim, does anyone else think that word got out the other manufacturers would also try to claim it (to protect their own bikes from claims), so the original claimant dropped the claim because he'd more than likely lose?
chad_111 wrote:
Why would that make him drop the claim? Does it say anywhere in the rules listed earlier that you lose the money if you lose the...
Why would that make him drop the claim? Does it say anywhere in the rules listed earlier that you lose the money if you lose the claim?
Who said it was about the $17k? Imagine having a fast B rider for a kid and fucking him out of a potential future ride because he’s known as the kid whose dad claimed a motorcycle at Loretta’s.
Richy
8/8/2022 4:53am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 5:08am
motokiwi wrote:
Considering they are the premier team in AMA mx and sx - they may have offered the claimer a ride one day?

That's probably one of the least likely ways there is to get offered a ride.

The 'industry' can forgive drug users beating up women, endorsing thieving engine builders, covertly videoing people while they pee, not paying your riders and mechanics, and all manner of things, but they will not stand for using a claiming rule... which is in the rule book. That's right up there with wearing an AMA parody helmet.

Don't get me wrong I'd never claim a bike and I don't like the idea of it, but there must be easier ways to cap spending (regulated specifications / a list of permissable modifications like almost all other forms of motor racing)?

Lastly, if they are gonna keep this claiming rule, surely they need to update the price? You could probably lose an otherwise stock Austrian bike with just a pipe, a KYB conversion and some plastics nowadays and still be out of pocket at 200%, let alone 130% elsewhere.
8/8/2022 6:36am
Sully wrote:
Instead of some grand conspiracy that Brian Deegan and Yamaha paid off the guy who made the claim, does anyone else think that word got out...
Instead of some grand conspiracy that Brian Deegan and Yamaha paid off the guy who made the claim, does anyone else think that word got out the other manufacturers would also try to claim it (to protect their own bikes from claims), so the original claimant dropped the claim because he'd more than likely lose?
chad_111 wrote:
Why would that make him drop the claim? Does it say anywhere in the rules listed earlier that you lose the money if you lose the...
Why would that make him drop the claim? Does it say anywhere in the rules listed earlier that you lose the money if you lose the claim?
Sully wrote:
Who said it was about the $17k? Imagine having a fast B rider for a kid and fucking him out of a potential future ride because...
Who said it was about the $17k? Imagine having a fast B rider for a kid and fucking him out of a potential future ride because he’s known as the kid whose dad claimed a motorcycle at Loretta’s.
Why, years later, would Roger D (or any other team manager) give two f*cks about a rider using a perfectly legal rule to claim a bike from Yamaha whilst he was an amateur?

If the guy is fast and has potential, there’s no way this would prevent him from getting a ride with a different manufacturer. Yamaha might feel salty about it, but other brands CGAF.
JazzyJJ
8/8/2022 8:03am
Money wrote:
Word has it when the ama guys went to deegans pit to get the bike all the star guys were freaking out and were not too...
If the bike was claimed(or attempted/claim process started), it would have had to sit in impound per the rules.
8/8/2022 8:14am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 9:35am
Claim rescinded a couple of hours later = Deal made between Star and claimer. I'm not sure how it can be viewed any other way. You think Deegan gave the guy a beer and talked him out of it, LOL? If you disagree, then post up your theory of why the claim was rescinded.

I'm a fan of Deegan too. I think he is going to go on to do great things in the sport. I think he is a champion in the making.
LungButter
8/8/2022 8:20am
All the whiny haters only make me like Deegan more.

Keep the jealousy coming ladies, you can get this to 10 pages still.....
88FYNN88
8/8/2022 8:32am
Honest question, is there a rule around how many bikes a racer can bring to Loretta's? Do they have to make it know how many bikes they brought? Do they have to Tech in all the bikes they brought?

Could this all have been a mind game? Deegan of course could not win 250B but 100% was the fastest 250B rider out there. Could a team or family make this claim in hopes he didn't have a second bike or the second bike was not as fast? Trying to give that other riders a better shot at Schoolboy 2 championship?

Also, to add I wish they had to release who put in the claim. Could it have been KTM or Team Green who put in the claim in hopes to get Dax or Boespflug a championship in Schoolboy 2?

8/8/2022 8:37am
LungButter wrote:

I don’t see many ‘Haters’ in this thread tbf. What are you referring to?
LungButter
8/8/2022 8:37am
88FYNN88 wrote:
Honest question, is there a rule around how many bikes a racer can bring to Loretta's? Do they have to make it know how many bikes...
Honest question, is there a rule around how many bikes a racer can bring to Loretta's? Do they have to make it know how many bikes they brought? Do they have to Tech in all the bikes they brought?

Could this all have been a mind game? Deegan of course could not win 250B but 100% was the fastest 250B rider out there. Could a team or family make this claim in hopes he didn't have a second bike or the second bike was not as fast? Trying to give that other riders a better shot at Schoolboy 2 championship?

Also, to add I wish they had to release who put in the claim. Could it have been KTM or Team Green who put in the claim in hopes to get Dax or Boespflug a championship in Schoolboy 2?

Do you really think that the rule allows someone to claim the bike in the middle of the race and then they are left without a bike for the rest of the event?

DonM
8/8/2022 8:38am
88FYNN88 wrote:
Honest question, is there a rule around how many bikes a racer can bring to Loretta's? Do they have to make it know how many bikes...

I wondered the same thing about the second bike...in all the pic's of the box van supporting Deegan there was only one bike...but I would assume that Star would have a bike for each class he rode...
88FYNN88
8/8/2022 8:41am
88FYNN88 wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Do you really think that the rule allows someone to claim the bike in the middle of the race and then they are left without a...
Do you really think that the rule allows someone to claim the bike in the middle of the race and then they are left without a bike for the rest of the event?

The claim was put in right after 250B championship was crowned. The rules say nothing about if they are racing 2 classes using the same bike. All it says is they have to wait till after the class is done racing which 250B was done. Once the claim is submitted it is put into impound and Star can not touch it. So, if he was going to use that bike for Schoolboy 2....what happens?
LungButter
8/8/2022 8:51am
88FYNN88 wrote:
The claim was put in right after 250B championship was crowned. The rules say nothing about if they are racing 2 classes using the same bike...
The claim was put in right after 250B championship was crowned. The rules say nothing about if they are racing 2 classes using the same bike. All it says is they have to wait till after the class is done racing which 250B was done. Once the claim is submitted it is put into impound and Star can not touch it. So, if he was going to use that bike for Schoolboy 2....what happens?
Hmmmm.... you do have a point there... I'm not sure?
dkurtd
8/8/2022 9:16am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 10:07am
88FYNN88 wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Do you really think that the rule allows someone to claim the bike in the middle of the race and then they are left without a...

88FYNN88 wrote:
The claim was put in right after 250B championship was crowned. The rules say nothing about if they are racing 2 classes using the same bike...
I can't speak to a claim but if a bike is protested mid race or between classes the bike is impounded and remains there until the end of racing, unless the rider of the protested bike agrees to an immediate teardown. The bike is impounded and remains in impound and any work done to get it ready for the remaining moto's is done under the watchful eye of an AMA referee.

So, I would assume a claim mid race or between classes would be handled in the same manner. The rules state a claim can be entered anytime during the meet up to 30 minutes after the race results.

Edit: For the question on multiple bikes. When you enter you must list the VIN for each bike and class. You must ride the same bike entered in each class for the complete meet. If you get caught swapping bikes you would be DQ'd.
SEEMEFIRST
8/8/2022 9:19am
LungButter wrote:

88FYNN88 wrote:
dkurtd wrote:
I can't speak to a claim but if a bike is protested mid race or between classes the bike is impounded and remains there until the...
I can't speak to a claim but if a bike is protested mid race or between classes the bike is impounded and remains there until the end of racing, unless the rider of the protested bike agrees to an immediate teardown. The bike is impounded and remains in impound and any work done to get it ready for the remaining moto's is done under the watchful eye of an AMA referee.

So, I would assume a claim mid race or between classes would be handled in the same manner. The rules state a claim can be entered anytime during the meet up to 30 minutes after the race results.

Edit: For the question on multiple bikes. When you enter you must list the VIN for each bike and class. You must ride the same bike entered in each class for the complete meet. If you get caught swapping bikes you would be DQ'd.
That's what I was thinking.

I suppose they could do an engine swap, but the one they took out must remain in impound?
J2s
8/8/2022 9:46am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 9:48am
LungButter wrote:

Very true but you don’t see Casey or daxten or rider d getting in shit ,where there’s smoke !!!!
I’m no hater kid has the skills no questions
Edit he’s no kid now he’s a young man

LungButter
8/8/2022 9:48am
J2s wrote:
Very true but you don’t see Casey or daxten or rider d getting in shit ,where there’s smoke !!!! I’m no hater kid has the skills...
Very true but you don’t see Casey or daxten or rider d getting in shit ,where there’s smoke !!!!

Getting your bike claimed is "getting in shit" ?
J2s
8/8/2022 9:50am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 9:52am
J2s wrote:
Very true but you don’t see Casey or daxten or rider d getting in shit ,where there’s smoke !!!! I’m no hater kid has the skills...

LungButter wrote:
Getting your bike claimed is "getting in shit" ?
You refreshing every second
I’ve seen a few topics over the years
with his name as the topic and not about his great riding skills
GangGreen
8/8/2022 10:05am
Claim rescinded a couple of hours later = Deal made between Star and claimer. I'm not sure how it can be viewed any other way. You...
Claim rescinded a couple of hours later = Deal made between Star and claimer. I'm not sure how it can be viewed any other way. You think Deegan gave the guy a beer and talked him out of it, LOL? If you disagree, then post up your theory of why the claim was rescinded.

I'm a fan of Deegan too. I think he is going to go on to do great things in the sport. I think he is a champion in the making.
My theory, "In All Due Respect", it's probably like in 2020 when at the Loretta Lynn’s AMA Pro National 2, and Zach Osborne missed A Group practice but was in the 450 Class points lead. Just maybe a referee, or MX Sports said, " Ahh, yeah, let's interprit the rule differently and let Deegan keep the bike"

Photo credit: RacerX Facebook
El Capitan
8/8/2022 10:14am
Claimant's identity should be revealed. If it was a factory-supported team rider, then a lot of questions arise as to motivation. Looks like a good opportunity for DC/AMA/whomever to revisit the claim rule. Gotta admit, I like the intrigue---but I'm a bit conspiratorial in my thinking...
LungButter
8/8/2022 10:33am
J2s wrote:
Are you refreshing every second?
J2s
8/8/2022 10:39am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2022 10:42am
J2s wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Are you refreshing every second?
No I’ve just been in another thread and knew you would have in this thread
And ha ho longsucker strikes again
LungButter
8/8/2022 11:05am
J2s wrote:
No I’ve just been in another thread and knew you would have in this thread
And ha ho longsucker strikes again
Try again in English please....
Gary Duck
8/8/2022 11:28am
I find it amusing that nobody yet has recognized the Deegan family's ongoing mastery of self-promotion, marketing, and now modern social influencing.

No way Brian was smart enough to concoct this whole "claim" and "rescind" with one of his buddies purely for the marketing of the Deegan name... Naahhhh, not possible!

Post a reply to: Deegan bike claimed? Everyone, please stop now

The Latest