Deegan bike claimed? Everyone, please stop now

slumpstone
8/6/2022 10:11am
stremme12 wrote:
Star got caught cheating with Cooper Webb at a pretty big amateur national at Mill Creek. Savatgy protested him and it was deemed cheating.
Wasn’t Savatgy. It was Alix if I remember right
DerickYZ
8/6/2022 10:17am
Boomslang wrote:
Fair enough Derek and I respect your opinion.
I respect your opinion as well, Boomslang!
plowboy
8/6/2022 10:28am
Just my opinion but here goes...If I'm not mistaken LL's is an AMATEUR championship. I want to see natural talent on display. I don't want to see those gifted kids from Podunkville that can only afford a bike, pipe, and a revalve have to compete against other kids supported by factories, pro teams, or parents with bottomless pockets and unobtainium parts.

I realise kids like Deegan and his folks are never going to accept a level playing field if they can get away with it (remember...we're talking about kids at an amateur event)...and THAT'S why the claiming rule exists and isn't used nearly enough. If the process needs to be anonymous so there can't be retribution from the factories/teams...so be it. Yep, I said it.Evil
Lukass59
8/6/2022 11:00am
Lukass59 wrote:
The Claiming rule is good. Calms everyone down from making a 40k bike Factory rides all through amateurs is the reason so many of these kids...
The Claiming rule is good. Calms everyone down from making a 40k bike
Factory rides all through amateurs is the reason so many of these kids go pro and never produce. Of course you’ll dominate amateur ranks when you’ve been on a team since you were 6 years old.
shit changes fast when everyone is on the same program and equipment.
DerickYZ wrote:
Exactly. The amateur system is broken. The sport needs to limit how much support can be given at the amateur level. Deegan isn’t going to produce...
Exactly.

The amateur system is broken. The sport needs to limit how much support can be given at the amateur level.

Deegan isn’t going to produce much when he reaches the pros when everyone is on same/better equipment than him. Jake Weimer once said that rich kids don’t make it because they aren’t tough enough. It’ll happen to Deegan
GrapeApe wrote:
There are a lot of idiotic theories that float around and get blindly repeated regarding US amateurs, and this seems to be the latest. The Star...
There are a lot of idiotic theories that float around and get blindly repeated regarding US amateurs, and this seems to be the latest. The Star Yamaha amateur riders are competing against PC Kawis, HRC (FC) Hondas, Orange Brigade KTMs, Rockstar Huskys, TLD GasGas's, Rock River Yamahas, and BarX Suzukis, just like they will in the pros. These amateur team bikes are all built to about the same level, which is well built but not full factory treatment. Deegan may or may not produce as a pro, but that will be decided by talent and drive not some massive equipment advantage that is going to somehow disappear when he turns pro.

I didn’t say equipment support vanishes in pros. I said playing field gets evened out. Instead of 3 or 4 actual factory kids per class there is now 20. Also Star doesn’t pick a 6 year old as their next super star. I actually think stars amateur approach of signing them once they get on big bikes is super smart. I was more or less talking about the team green kids.

The crazy thing about LL is the class that has the most to gain is the 50 and 65s. No other sports starts drafting players while they’re still in elementary.

The Shop

8/6/2022 11:14am
If you look at his bike from LL it doesn’t even have kit forks on it. Hymas and Ryder D do forsure looking at pics. If I was going to claim a bike it would be Hymas bike his look like a full blown factory HRC bike

pjc128
8/6/2022 11:29am
If Star didn’t have anything to hide why even bother fighting for it to be retracted. Seems silly to me.. I’m sure they could’ve whipped up a bike before his next moto with all his settings. I for one don’t want to believe star would cheat, it doesn’t make sense on many levels but why fight so hard to keep the bike? If it’s a production bike with a bolt on linkage, engine hangers, cut subframe, oem forks and shock with re-valving and springs, upper & lower triple clamps, high compression piston, minor motor work and a pipe and silencer the amount that was put up shouldn’t be that far off.. and it’s an oem backed team it doesn’t matter it’s the price or business. For me if they weren’t hiding anything they would of laughed and started rebuilding Haiden a bike for his next moto. Amature racing and the way it’s going is a whole other topic that I could write a book on… I don’t go there unless provoked.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/6/2022 11:39am
Hymas bike is different engine spec, exhaust system, airbox, etc from the Lawrence bikes. Production shock and production forks with coated tubes.

Star 250 am bikes still run air forks but in production tubes. Engine spec is a bit different, I don’t believe it has second injector, electric water pump and some other goodies.
pjc128
8/6/2022 11:39am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/06/562969/s1200_CE45E144_3E85_4A56_B9CD_525CBB997917.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/06/562968/s1200_41B70C02_3456_45A6_9E46_1D63EF8B111D.jpg[/img]

Yeah it’s crazy, factory hrc triple clamps on Hymas’s bike. Idk about the forks they could be coated to look factory but I doubt it. I remember watching and racing Stroupe and p.j Larsen at a qualifier. I had more fun watching Austin and P.j racing 250 B stock than actually racing myself. To see how far they could push a stock bike was incredible. That’s what amature racing is about. Fair playing field honing your skills. My dad made me ride a 125 for an extra year just so when I got on a 250f I’d have much better technique and appreciate it that much more. The fact that the top ten in the 250 B class could probably go qualify for Unadilla next week is stupid.
DonM
8/6/2022 11:43am
I have worked in motorsports for 20+ years, everyone cheats!! Especially in the higher end of amateur racing, because there is less monitoring by officials. I...
I have worked in motorsports for 20+ years, everyone cheats!! Especially in the higher end of amateur racing, because there is less monitoring by officials. I am surprised claims do not happen more often.
Again why would you claim if there is cheating?....a protest is way cheaper and gets the rider DQ'd if they have cheated...claiming doesn't stop the cheating
DonM
8/6/2022 11:49am
IF it’s true that Star paid off the claimant…. Why would they do that if the motor WASNT very special or illegal? If it’s legal and...
IF it’s true that Star paid off the claimant….

Why would they do that if the motor WASNT very special or illegal?

If it’s legal and basic, let it go..

Jesus you people jumping to conclusions is insane!! why the F would someone pay for a claim if they suspected cheating when they could protest for a fraction of the money and get their money back if there was something illegal...maybe they just wanted the bike because to build one just like it themselves would cost more that the $17k....as BobbyM would say....unfuckingbelievable.....
8/6/2022 11:54am
ML512 wrote:
Hymas bike is different engine spec, exhaust system, airbox, etc from the Lawrence bikes. Production shock and production forks with coated tubes. Star 250 am bikes...
Hymas bike is different engine spec, exhaust system, airbox, etc from the Lawrence bikes. Production shock and production forks with coated tubes.

Star 250 am bikes still run air forks but in production tubes. Engine spec is a bit different, I don’t believe it has second injector, electric water pump and some other goodies.
Hymas LL bike looks different then the ones he’s been racing Befor LL . These look like kit forks as the Lawrence brothers have been running and HRC triples. Other event’s he has stock looking clamps

dkurtd
8/6/2022 11:55am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 12:03pm
DerickYZ wrote:
Deegans getting DQ’d from events, cutting the track at LL years ago. But hey, just “BuY ThE MeRcH BrO”
yak651 wrote:
Nah, he cut the track at Mini Os, not LL
DerickYZ wrote:
Did he not cut the sand section at Loretta’s years ago?
He did, it was the first right hander after the sand section and it was on the 65. Went off the track and then cut the right hander (right after the old Rocky Mountain and the tree in that corner) and reentered the track. He was docked positions which I also believe put Bennick and Cochran ahead of him in the overall.

Edit: And he cut the start at Mini-O's, that was on Supermini's.
8/6/2022 11:58am
IF it’s true that Star paid off the claimant…. Why would they do that if the motor WASNT very special or illegal? If it’s legal and...

DonM wrote:
Jesus you people jumping to conclusions is insane!! why the F would someone pay for a claim if they suspected cheating when they could protest for...
Jesus you people jumping to conclusions is insane!! why the F would someone pay for a claim if they suspected cheating when they could protest for a fraction of the money and get their money back if there was something illegal...maybe they just wanted the bike because to build one just like it themselves would cost more that the $17k....as BobbyM would say....unfuckingbelievable.....
I think you’ve misunderstood my comment.

If I’m jumping to ANY conclusion, it’s that the motor IS very special and that’s why Star were desperate to keep it so nobody could see it.

8/6/2022 12:04pm
The start is about the only place where HP matters at Loretta’s, so someone tell me that he holeshotted every moto (which he didn’t) if they want to claim that without that Star bike his results would’ve been worse.

Stock motors historically do great on Loretta’s tight course where less slowing down yields far more upside than a few extra ponies that must be carefully used in only a few opportune areas.(The rate in which mod motors blow up only helps this stat)

The disdain on display here for this brilliantly marketed #38 kid is indicative of a self defeating mentality that looks for excuses or reasons needed to continue living in denial of personal short comings.

Have a great day.

DonM
8/6/2022 12:10pm

DonM wrote:
Jesus you people jumping to conclusions is insane!! why the F would someone pay for a claim if they suspected cheating when they could protest for...
I think you’ve misunderstood my comment. If I’m jumping to ANY conclusion, it’s that the motor IS very special and that’s why Star were desperate to...
I think you’ve misunderstood my comment.

If I’m jumping to ANY conclusion, it’s that the motor IS very special and that’s why Star were desperate to keep it so nobody could see it.

Probably has more to do with the financial investment into that bike is greater than the claim...you did use the term illegal which if it was/is a protest is what you do not a claim....
RMT
8/6/2022 12:16pm
Sound like shit to me, why the hell didnt the guy that claimd it keep it ? the big dogs can always pay there way out...
Sound like shit to me, why the hell didnt the guy that claimd it keep it ? the big dogs can always pay there way out of it.
Are you just figuring this out?
Tumic
8/6/2022 12:22pm
Amateur racing should be on stock bikes with just revalving on stock suspension and a exhaust allowed.

When i rode 85 here in Sweden we had a such rule, but all the fast kids ran built engines and instead of SVEMO (swedish AMA) doing it’s job and DQ those riders that ran illiegal bikes, they just set the rules free for tuning to solve the problem..
DonM
8/6/2022 12:28pm
Tumic wrote:
Amateur racing should be on stock bikes with just revalving on stock suspension and a exhaust allowed. When i rode 85 here in Sweden we had...
Amateur racing should be on stock bikes with just revalving on stock suspension and a exhaust allowed.

When i rode 85 here in Sweden we had a such rule, but all the fast kids ran built engines and instead of SVEMO (swedish AMA) doing it’s job and DQ those riders that ran illiegal bikes, they just set the rules free for tuning to solve the problem..
We have the same here it's called 250B limited....
mb60
8/6/2022 12:29pm
Hell I'm more curious about him turning pro and racing Iron Man.
8/6/2022 12:44pm
mb60 wrote:
He might go pro his dad just said it might be his last amateurs race today. He has the fastest lap of the week of any rider at the ranch. Not going back to race A class next year
mb60
8/6/2022 12:47pm
mb60 wrote:
He might go pro his dad just said it might be his last amateurs race today. He has the fastest lap of the week of any...
He might go pro his dad just said it might be his last amateurs race today. He has the fastest lap of the week of any rider at the ranch. Not going back to race A class next year
Yes they confirmed that on racer X.
mx313
8/6/2022 12:54pm
Wil Denis wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/06/562907/s1200_DA0E7D22_F3ED_41A0_8130_831D58D3BBB3.jpg[/img] What if the bikes not for sale? And if it is wouldn’t it be the agreed price with the owner or highest bidder etc?

What if the bikes not for sale?
And if it is wouldn’t it be the agreed price with the owner or highest bidder etc?
gt80rider wrote:
Bike not for sale? Does not matter if you get claimed... by racing, you put your bike up for being claimed.... highest bidder? No bidders.... just...
Bike not for sale? Does not matter if you get claimed... by racing, you put your bike up for being claimed.... highest bidder? No bidders.... just the person that puts the claim on your bike, at a pre set price.... double retail here I believe.... correct me if I'm wrong here fellas....
By bike not for sale?
Does he mean like an 85 cr500?
If he is talking about a bike like that then vintage bikes are excluded from the claim rule.
JustMX
8/6/2022 12:56pm
pjc128 wrote:
If Star didn’t have anything to hide why even bother fighting for it to be retracted. Seems silly to me.. I’m sure they could’ve whipped up...
If Star didn’t have anything to hide why even bother fighting for it to be retracted. Seems silly to me.. I’m sure they could’ve whipped up a bike before his next moto with all his settings. I for one don’t want to believe star would cheat, it doesn’t make sense on many levels but why fight so hard to keep the bike? If it’s a production bike with a bolt on linkage, engine hangers, cut subframe, oem forks and shock with re-valving and springs, upper & lower triple clamps, high compression piston, minor motor work and a pipe and silencer the amount that was put up shouldn’t be that far off.. and it’s an oem backed team it doesn’t matter it’s the price or business. For me if they weren’t hiding anything they would of laughed and started rebuilding Haiden a bike for his next moto. Amature racing and the way it’s going is a whole other topic that I could write a book on… I don’t go there unless provoked.
I don't think you can take a bike by claiming it in the middle of an event. If the bike is claimed in the middle of an event surely they would seal mechanical parts or possibly impound the bike and only allow work with monitoring. The participant would be allowed to race the rest of their motos.
88FYNN88
8/6/2022 1:02pm
Interesting to add Brian said on IG that he got a new bike and engine right before that last race……
7I3N
8/6/2022 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 1:08pm
No way in hell that Star paid the claimant to drop the claim. When word got out, like it always does, they would be getting bikes claimed at every race by people looking for a pay off.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/6/2022 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 1:11pm
Is there actually anyone on here that can indeed confirm that the #38 bike was claimed and by who?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/6/2022 1:13pm
FastEddy wrote:
Is there actually anyone on here that can indeed confirm that the #38 bike was claimed and by who?
The bike wasnt claimed.
88FYNN88
8/6/2022 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 1:24pm
First time I have ever heard of this rule so, if someone puts a “Claim” on a bike a racer has to sell that person the bike for 2X MSRP?

Post a reply to: Deegan bike claimed? Everyone, please stop now

The Latest