Deegan New SuperMini

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2021 8:16 AM

Whether you like or hate him, you have to agree this bike is sick! I am a huge fan of these new wheels.

|

7/27/2021 8:28 AM

His bikes are always really sick. I think since I've seen him on the 125 a bit, it almost makes him look too big for the 85cc now, even with the big wheel.

|

7/27/2021 8:29 AM

I'm digging on the wheels.

|

7/27/2021 8:32 AM

AH387 wrote:

His bikes are always really sick. I think since I've seen him on the 125 a bit, it almost makes him look too big for the 85cc ...more

I agree and I think they know that too. He is 100% too big for the 85 now, seems like they are just trying to make it through LL this week and then he will jump to a 250.

|

7/27/2021 8:34 AM

Looks like a drunk chick coming home from the wine bar with her girlfriends puked on a canvas and it printed on the graphics. Ugly

|

7/27/2021 8:36 AM

Photo
|

7/27/2021 8:37 AM

AH387 wrote:

His bikes are always really sick. I think since I've seen him on the 125 a bit, it almost makes him look too big for the 85cc ...more

Oh he is significantly too large for the supermini. In the Vlogs brian talks about that and how they were the same size stuff now. They want him to get two more titles before he moves up the the big bikes and B class.

|

7/27/2021 8:43 AM

AH387 wrote:

LouisianaMotocross wrote:

Oh he is significantly too large for the supermini. In the Vlogs brian talks about that and how they were the same size stuff ...more

He Will probably be on 2F after LL, the thing we do not know is which brand of 250F he will be on, some say KTM, some Yamaha.

|

7/27/2021 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 8:54 AM

Brian really knows how to work the sport for himself. In a good way, I'm giving him credit. I would think they'd run Metal Mullisha graphics

|

7/27/2021 9:03 AM

Brian said LL is his last supermini race. He got much taller really quickly, like over the last few months. That is a bit sad for me as I have had a TON of fun seeing these supermini vid'. The most impressive one being "finding JS7 at Stewart's compound". That track was no joke for 85s. I kind of hope he will be on the 125 for a year, but tbh, in term of speed and talent, he is kind of almost ready to race the nationals (I think he would already be in the points, top 10 to top 20).

|

7/27/2021 9:06 AM

AH387 wrote:

Oh he is significantly too large for the supermini. In the Vlogs brian talks about that and how they were the same size stuff ...more

Would think schoolboy and 125bc on the KTM 125sx would be the better choice. But I'm sure he'll call out Ferry for staying on the 125 too long...

|

7/27/2021 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 9:39 AM

Question wrote:

Brian said LL is his last supermini race. He got much taller really quickly, like over the last few months. That is a bit sad ...more

Why does everyone keep saying it's an 85, it's a 112cc. Big difference imo. Not saying the kid isn't fast, no doubt about that! However, to say he would be top 10 in points in silly! The guys racing nats are pros! It's not LL's or any 5-10 lap amateur race. No way in hell he would be top 10 in points right now. I honestly don't think he could win the B or A class at LL's. At this point, I don't he would beat Kitchen or Hymas straight up. Maybe I'm wrong. Again, make no mistake, the kid is fast but if you think he lines up at a pro national and beats Martin, Cooper, Lawrence bro's, Mumford, Hampshire, Mosiman, Shimoda, Forkner, or Nichols, you must be on something. No boys out there! All that being said, his bike is nuts! My kid races 85's and we don't have much into it as far at aftermarket parts, (just full exhaust). I'm willing to bet, to recreate that bike, it's an easy 15-20K! Not including the bike. To be honest, you're not walking in TD and saying, give me the same motor Deegan has. Same for the the one off head pipe. Pretty much a factory bike. That bike alone would help a kid move up a few spots. It's the best of the best and one off parts. Give that bike to a solid rider like Deegan and he's going to beat the average kids out there. That being said, you gotta pay to play!

|

7/27/2021 9:32 AM

AH387 wrote:

yak651 wrote:

Would think schoolboy and 125bc on the KTM 125sx would be the better choice. But I'm sure he'll call out Ferry for staying on ...more

From what they have said in the vids and on IG seems like he is not clicking with the 125 very well. Seems like the mechanics can't seem to get the bike to his liking. With kids going pro younger and younger I think he will jump to the 250, that way he gets more time on a 250. I also think it depends on what team he signs with. His contract is up with KTM, if he sign's with KTM or Husky he could maybe do a 125 but if he goes Star or PC he 100% will go to the 250.

|

7/27/2021 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 9:34 AM

ZOSICK wrote:

Why does everyone keep saying it's an 85, it's a 112cc. Big difference imo. Not saying the kid isn't fast, no doubt about ...more

It's just common to call bikes by their default displacement for the frame. A 112 is a bored and stroked 85, the bike is still called "an 85".

|

7/27/2021 9:57 AM

Question wrote:

Brian said LL is his last supermini race. He got much taller really quickly, like over the last few months. That is a bit sad ...more

ZOSICK wrote:

Why does everyone keep saying it's an 85, it's a 112cc. Big difference imo. Not saying the kid isn't fast, no doubt about ...more

sandhills wrote:

It's just common to call bikes by their default displacement for the frame. A 112 is a bored and stroked 85, the bike is still ...more

Weird, never heard an 85, that is not an 85, be called an 85 lol. I have heard an 85 in the 85 class called an 85. A 100, 105, 112 is called a supermini. At least at every race we have been too. Maybe it's a west coast thing and it very well could be. My friend from the east coast told me they have different class names here than they do where he is from. My kid races the 85 class and will be racing the supermini class with either bigger wheels or larger displacement.

|

7/27/2021 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 10:12 AM

Question wrote:

ZOSICK wrote:

No problem debating, but you should have watched the vid' I was talking about before posting. I know he is currently racing a 112. But a couple of years ago, at JS7 compound, he was not (and he had the small wheels). Then regarding the level, if you watch other videos of him, you can also see that he already has a great corner speed (and sx timing) even compared to legit pros (which is pretty rare as mini bikes are less stable in ruts, as these ruts and bumps are developed by bigger bikes). I didn't say he would immediately beat Lawrence etc either ; I said that I think next year he could already run top 10 top 20 (and even this year if he had prepared for that a bit). If you think he would not score points, then you don't remember all the top amateurs coming up, they are no slow. Heck, we even have "amateurs" or rookies this year that won a sx main event or made podiums.

|

7/27/2021 10:08 AM

AH387 wrote:

Sorry I don’t follow this kid to much but you’re saying he rides C class and he has all this support?

|

7/27/2021 10:16 AM

jjavaman wrote:

Sorry I don’t follow this kid to much but you’re saying he rides C class and he has all this support?

He doesn't race the C class. He races supermini and once he moves up to the big bike he'll race the B class.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/27/2021 10:22 AM

|

7/27/2021 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 10:28 AM

Interesting........"Haiden Deegan in a multi-year agreement that extends through his pro racing debut". What teams run Method wheels.......only one I can think of would be Star.

Edit: Actually GasGas does as well.

|

7/27/2021 10:35 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

First look at the wheels:

...more

88FYNN88 wrote:

Interesting........"Haiden Deegan in a multi-year agreement that extends through his pro racing debut". What teams run Method ...more

There we go you answered the question. Ive heard that an agreement is set up....nothing signed yet but i guess in due course we will see him under the Star awning.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

7/27/2021 10:40 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

Interesting........"Haiden Deegan in a multi-year agreement that extends through his pro racing debut". What teams run Method ...more

Yeah, that little tidbit of information is more interesting than the wheels. grin

|

7/27/2021 10:41 AM

Photo
|

7/27/2021 10:44 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

Looks like a drunk chick coming home from the wine bar with her girlfriends puked on a canvas and it printed on the graphics. ...more

Bit harsh... I don't like the graphics personally, or the wheels, but I get it, fast kid getting himself noticed (as they have a talent for doing), so fair enough?

On top of that I can appreciate it's similar to his 'usual' graphics but with more of the current factory bike's style (lettering, blue to white, blah blah), so it makes sense for it to look current.

Either way, the kid shreds, unsurprisingly, and it'll be cool to see what he can do on an appropriately sized bike, especially if it's a Star offering.

|

7/27/2021 11:02 AM

Wow, props to Brian and what he has done, and the brand he has built.... amazing, how he is living the dream... dude is still hungry, still has insane drive... cant wait to see what he does in the next ten years....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/27/2021 11:09 AM

Question wrote:

ZOSICK wrote:

Question wrote:

No problem debating, but you should have watched the vid' I was talking about before posting. I know he is currently racing a ...more

I don't follow him very much but I have seen some of his videos. My son has raced the same tracks as him on the same day, just different classes. My son also races 85's on national tracks, so I understand completely how an 85's reacts in breaking/acceleration bumbs, square edge, deep ruts ect. I will admit that a 50 or 65 is less suited for rougher track conditions. To be completely honest, I wouldn't say 85's are more or less stable than a bigger bike. How the bike is set up to the rider makes all the difference in the world. When my son moved up to 85's, the biggest difference was the suspension. Not so much the size of the overall bike. Yes, he did notice the power but the suspension more so. He's a little guy but we have the suspension dialed in for him. We've done our fair share of suspension testing and have different settings matched to the track conditions we've encountered. My son's bike in stock trim has almost the same amount of adjustments than a larger bike. His forks are 43mm and his shock has every adjustment my 22 250 SX-F has. The size of the bike doesn't have anything to do with corner speed and SX timing either. Those are learned skills. I've seen my son rail ruts and turns faster than guys on 250's/450's. It has nothing to do with his bike size. He just has s better entry/exit speed.

As far as Deegan being top 10 to 20 in a year. Maybe, maybe not. Like I said before, I don't think he would be Levi Kitchen or Chace Hymas. At least not yet. I never said he wouldn't score a point either. I said he would not be in the top 10. If I'm being completely honest, I don't think he would be in the top 10 in points next year either. The top 15 guys in the 250 class (MX) aren't not going anywhere next year or the year after that. Also, please tell what "amateurs" we had that won SX mains this year. Rookies yes, but they are pros! Big difference between amateurs and pros.

|

7/27/2021 11:21 AM

Question wrote:

ZOSICK wrote:

Correct. Max Vohland is running 10-12 and somehow Dangerboy is going to lay wood on Max? 🤣

|

7/27/2021 11:22 AM

ZOSICK wrote:

Semantics. I said 85 because it's an 85 chassis. Big wheels/bore or not it's an 85cc chassis and I was talking about how his body size was in relation to the bike, rather than the motor size. Displacement was completely irrelevant to the statement.

|

7/27/2021 11:35 AM

A black swingarm would have looked great with the white graphics and frame

|

7/27/2021 11:39 AM

Question wrote:

ZOSICK wrote:

MetricHotrods wrote:

Correct. Max Vohland is running 10-12 and somehow Dangerboy is going to lay wood on Max?

My thoughts exactly! The kid is fast, no doubt but he's not going to turn pro and crush everyone. There's still a lot of fast kids not named Deegan coming up that are plenty fast or faster, at this point in time. I think his parents are doing a great job with him to some extent. However, I also see it on the other side of the coin. He hasn't even lined up for a pro MX/SX race and he is already excepted win, no matter what. If he doesn't, he will be viewed as a failure. Case and point, just look at the threads on here with AC9 and Forkner. Kinda feel bad for these kids. To some extent, they didn't ask for all of this to be put on them.

|