Deegan

Sully
10/9/2021 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 2:21am
soggy wrote:
Your definitely right about the name and money. But they have absolutely gamed the system to hype him up. How many amateurs have e kind of...
Your definitely right about the name and money. But they have absolutely gamed the system to hype him up. How many amateurs have e kind of vlog effort they put out?

Just look at the difference between Hymas and Deegan. You don’t really see any publicity or vlogs from Hymas. Deegan has already built a career off it. I’m not saying it’s wrong but if you draw that much attention to yourself your bound to attract some haters.
Sully wrote:
How is it gaming the system? They haven't found any kind of loopholes in the rules to become popular, they just produce content. Does Hymas even...
How is it gaming the system? They haven't found any kind of loopholes in the rules to become popular, they just produce content. Does Hymas even want to put out vlogs? I'm sure that HRC is paying him enough that if he wanted to start his own channel, he could afford to hire a videographer. Hell, the kid's 16, I'm sure he knows at least one kid who would do it for free if they were trying to break into the industry.
Hymas has much better management.

Deegan Inc is setting itself up to fail expectations.
Whose expectations? Yours? I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over it…

Soggy, no nerve struck, I did mis-interpret what you meant. I agree with everything else you said, though.
DonM
10/9/2021 8:24pm
Sully wrote:
How is it gaming the system? They haven't found any kind of loopholes in the rules to become popular, they just produce content. Does Hymas even...
How is it gaming the system? They haven't found any kind of loopholes in the rules to become popular, they just produce content. Does Hymas even want to put out vlogs? I'm sure that HRC is paying him enough that if he wanted to start his own channel, he could afford to hire a videographer. Hell, the kid's 16, I'm sure he knows at least one kid who would do it for free if they were trying to break into the industry.
Hymas has much better management.

Deegan Inc is setting itself up to fail expectations.
Sully wrote:
Whose expectations? Yours? I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over it… Soggy, no nerve struck, I did mis-interpret what you meant. I agree with everything else you...
Whose expectations? Yours? I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over it…

Soggy, no nerve struck, I did mis-interpret what you meant. I agree with everything else you said, though.
Same here soggy…
SilverSpurs
10/9/2021 8:29pm
DonM wrote:
Blah blah blah…. “Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.” Hymas has much better management…where do you come up with this shit?…I would...
Blah blah blah…. “Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.”

Hymas has much better management…where do you come up with this shit?…I would say that not only are the Deegan’s winning the game they have reinvented it….
Deegan has done nothing at all except back away- from young Ferry - and turning Pro when able.
Unless he races a year or two EMX in Europe there is no point being a soshul meedier champ in the US until 18 and missing the boat.
SilverSpurs
10/9/2021 8:31pm
Those am titles get you the factory ride . How man kids coming out of the ams with no titles ever got factory rides ?
Ask Dylan, Jett, Kenny, Reedy that and get a stupid answer.

The Shop

SilverSpurs
10/9/2021 8:34pm
agn5008 wrote:
Like comparing a high school quarterback to Tom Brady. Only a moron would do that. Some people have 0 common sense lol.
Moran like Ken Roczen- or Marty Smith, among others. :-)
Sandusky26
10/9/2021 8:35pm
Those am titles get you the factory ride . How man kids coming out of the ams with no titles ever got factory rides ?
You ask Jett for us.

Maybe Deegan goal is to make lots of money and pull chicks.

Why do y’all old fuckers care so much

DonM
10/9/2021 11:45pm
DonM wrote:
Blah blah blah…. “Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.” Hymas has much better management…where do you come up with this shit?…I would...

Hymas has much better management…where do you come up with this shit?…I would say that not only are the Deegan’s winning the game they have reinvented it….
Deegan has done nothing at all except back away- from young Ferry - and turning Pro when able. Unless he races a year or two EMX...
Deegan has done nothing at all except back away- from young Ferry - and turning Pro when able.
Unless he races a year or two EMX in Europe there is no point being a soshul meedier champ in the US until 18 and missing the boat.
Yeah ok…he’s always been a year or so behind Ferry…just like Ferry has been a little behind Ryder…nobody’s dodging anyone…You seem to have a lot of hate (jealousy) for a 15 yr old…kinda creepy if you ask me…
mxtech1
10/10/2021 8:24am
Haiden and the Deegans have the biggest social media following our sport has ever seen. Bobby Regan is a businessman and 100% sees the value in that. Greater exposure to the team, more sponsor viewership, etc. What the Deegans bring to the table are more than just a chance for wins. As an OEM or team owner, you have to take advantage of that and get the kid at all costs. At this point, Regan/Yamaha/STAR are just being savages with putting their money where their mouths are and spending what they have to to win, that’s badass!

As far as Haiden (and even Hailie and Huckson go) Brian and his wife are absolute legends in the way that they have built brands for their children. They are going to be set for life and have the world at their fingertips. I don’t really care what color bikes these kids end up on, it’s just neat to see a family that has done it this way.
Hammer 663s
10/10/2021 8:35am
All I can say is I am dang thankful that my boy isn't that fast. Some of you are real assholes. He's a 15 year old boy. I've worked with a lot of those. Hell, my youngest is, wait for it - 15 now! You think he's NOT gonna be affected by the media circus (self-initiated or not)? He seems to put in the work. Genetics and name alone are not gonna give you speed.

Let's see where Haiden is at 21. I wish him minimal injuries, good focus, a thick skin, and the right people around him. The base sure is there. The next 3 years are crucial. That is 100% true for ANY 15-year-old.

Hammer 663s
Kawboy14!
10/10/2021 11:55am
The kid wants to win and loves moto…..he’s gonna be ok!

Plus he has already learned how to make more money than many of the top Pros!
APLMAN99
10/10/2021 12:53pm
DonM wrote:

Deegan has done nothing at all except back away- from young Ferry - and turning Pro when able. Unless he races a year or two EMX...
You seem extremely insecure, which is very strange…..

But I can see that by your logic a current AMA title isn’t really all that prestigious anymore because the riders aren’t really prepared when they enter it and are overall less competent than in the past…..
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
10/10/2021 2:44pm
I like what the Deegans are doing. I enjoy the videos, and how Brian and his wife are supporting their kids. It's inspiring. I would love to be able to give my kids bigger opportunities than I have so far.
Haiden is taking full advantage of the what his mom and dad are giving him, yet I don't see a sense of entitlement.
He listens to his Dad, and his trainer, and puts in the work. I get the feeling that he knows what his parents are giving him and that he wants to win.

And he is winning.

If he tries to sell merch, good for him. I'm sure the team around him ask him to do it. What they're doing; the constant riding/racing isn't cheap.

One thing that I respect about Brian is that he's keeping the attention where it needs to be, on his kids.
When Hailie got a chance to meet President Trump, Brian introduced himself to the president as Hailie's father, not as the winningest X-Games athlete of all time.

I don't see Haiden overhyped. There aren't arrogant statements that I'm aware of coming from the Deegans.
He's simply well promoted, and in my opinion, that's a good thing. With the success of his sister as well, it's most likely bringing attention to our awesome sport.

I hope Haiden does extremely well. Hailie and Hudson too.

Brian and Marissa, Well done!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
10/10/2021 2:58pm
Stupid comparison, they all had huge success in Europe.

Dylan, second in MX2 running Herlings pace

Jett, very successful amateur career in Europe and two huge wins in the US amateur system.

Kenny, MX2 world champ

Reed, Second in MXGP.

yota
10/10/2021 3:35pm
the Deegan's seem to have done a good job with their children. none of them are lazy or losers. they all have ego but seem to be nice, intelligent kids.
yota
10/10/2021 3:37pm
I think I like Hudson the best. the kid just sends it.
Sandusky26
10/10/2021 4:08pm
I read all of silverspurs post in an Aussie accent.
ArmPumped
10/10/2021 4:17pm
mxracer666 wrote:
Degan who???
Solidkm wrote:
Exactly. Wish I could say that I cared
Name one rider since Pastrana that’s brought as many eyes on the sport as him. He has a million YouTube subscribers with just Moto content. No one else in the sport nor the sport itself has that much reach. I don’t care if people do or don’t like a teenager, but we should all be rooting for him for the good of the sport because that kid has probably sold more bikes to kids than any championship winner in a long time.
10/10/2021 5:43pm
Name more than one of the top America riders that raced in Europe
Radfonz wrote:
Maybe can't name any top Seppo's that raced in Europe, but the Aussie and the Frog that have done time in Europe just smoked the lot...
Maybe can't name any top Seppo's that raced in Europe, but the Aussie and the Frog that have done time in Europe just smoked the lot of them!
Four of the top 6 podium positions in this years AMA outdoors were taken by ex GP/EMX riders

Ferrandis, Roczen, Lawrence and Lawrence.
And yet they never win the most important title to win the states. SX
dkurtd
10/10/2021 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 6:59pm
mxracer666 wrote:
Degan who???
Solidkm wrote:
ArmPumped wrote:
Name one rider since Pastrana that’s brought as many eyes on the sport as him. He has a million YouTube subscribers with just Moto content. No...
Name one rider since Pastrana that’s brought as many eyes on the sport as him. He has a million YouTube subscribers with just Moto content. No one else in the sport nor the sport itself has that much reach. I don’t care if people do or don’t like a teenager, but we should all be rooting for him for the good of the sport because that kid has probably sold more bikes to kids than any championship winner in a long time.
I believe the YouTube channel that has 1.1 million subscribers is all the Deegan's, not just Haiden's. It includes content from Brian, Halie, Haiden, and Hudson. Haiden may very well garner most of those subscribers but I would bet Halie's numbers are growing.
ArmPumped
10/10/2021 6:26pm
Solidkm wrote:
ArmPumped wrote:
Name one rider since Pastrana that’s brought as many eyes on the sport as him. He has a million YouTube subscribers with just Moto content. No...
dkurtd wrote:
I believe the YouTube channel that has 1.1 million subscribers is all the Deegan's, not just Haiden's. It includes content from Brian, Halie, Haiden, and Hudson...
I believe the YouTube channel that has 1.1 million subscribers is all the Deegan's, not just Haiden's. It includes content from Brian, Halie, Haiden, and Hudson. Haiden may very well garner most of those subscribers but I would bet Halie's numbers are growing.
I mean once every two weeks we get a Huckson video or Brian driving trucks once a month. The content is 80-20 Haidens progression to Pro compared to the rest of the family.
ocscottie
10/10/2021 6:27pm
dkurtd wrote:
I believe the YouTube channel that has 1.1 million subscribers is all the Deegan's, not just Haiden's. It includes content from Brian, Halie, Haiden, and Hudson...
Hailie has her own channel with about 400k. Haiden has almost a mil IG subs though.
dkurtd
10/10/2021 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 6:55pm
dkurtd wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Hailie has her own channel with about 400k. Haiden has almost a mil IG subs though.
OK, the original comment said Haiden had a million Youtube subscribers, that's not true. And as for Halie having her own channel that may be true but she still posts content to the Deegan's Channel. Haile actually has more IG subscribers than Haiden.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/10/2021 6:49pm
ArmPumped wrote:
"No one else in the sport nor the sport itself has that much reach."

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/10/2021 6:52pm
dkurtd wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Hailie has over 1M Instagram followers. I believe she has more than any of the nascar drivers.
ArmPumped
10/10/2021 7:03pm
ArmPumped wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"No one else in the sport nor the sport itself has that much reach."[/i] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/10/513877/s1200_Screenshot_20211010_214724_Instagram.jpg[/img][img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/10/513875/s1200_Screenshot_20211010_214438_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/10/513876/s1200_Screenshot_20211010_214513_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/10/513874/s1200_Screenshot_20211010_214543_Instagram.jpg[/img]
"No one else in the sport nor the sport itself has that much reach."

Youtube homie. Youtube. Very different game trying to grow a youtube compared to a Instagram following. I should’ve been more specific.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/10/2021 7:24pm
YouTube is for people with carrots in their ears
JazzyJJ
10/10/2021 7:39pm
soggy wrote:
What does that even mean?
C.Worthy
10/10/2021 7:55pm
soggy wrote:
JazzyJJ wrote:
What does that even mean?
You must have carrots in your ears
SilverSpurs
10/10/2021 8:01pm
Name more than one of the top America riders that raced in Europe
Have you heard of Brad Lackey? Marty Smith?
Bearuno
10/10/2021 8:54pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Stupid comparison, they all had huge success in Europe. Dylan, second in MX2 running Herlings pace Jett, very successful amateur career in Europe and two huge...
Stupid comparison, they all had huge success in Europe.

Dylan, second in MX2 running Herlings pace

Jett, very successful amateur career in Europe and two huge wins in the US amateur system.

Kenny, MX2 world champ

Reed, Second in MXGP.

"Dylan, second in MX2 running Herlings pace"

I have a Huge regard for Dylan, but the best he got in an MX2 season was 4th overall.

He won 2 GPs in his 6 seasons in MX2, and 8 Motos. He rarely ran Herlings, pace.

Thankfully, he had the USA to go to, that doesn't have the vicious "23 and you're out" rule.

Having the chance ( and, he did express his wish to go to the USA for quite a while, and, expressed his less than appreciative opinion of Luongo and Youthstream, for quite a while, and, quite openly) to get away from idiotic rules, gave him, just as it did for Zacho, the time to further his skills and career, that Luongos rule does not provide.

And, long may the USA / MX Sports / DC and Co, and even Feld ( yes, they've the point out rule, but.....) , not introduce such idiotic rules.

Post a reply to: Deegan

The Latest