Decotis 2020

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2019 9:03 PM

Looks like Decotis will be with JGR 2020? Living in NC and training there. Why has this not been mentioned?

|

10/30/2019 3:08 AM

Probably just hashing out details, contract stuff. Looks like the JGR lineup is thin for 2020. Him, AMart and Savatgy; hope they all stay healthy for this year, and do well.

|

10/30/2019 4:11 AM

Making moves like this is why they are in the position they are in.

|

10/30/2019 4:12 AM

Harry_Gray wrote:

Probably just hashing out details, contract stuff. Looks like the JGR lineup is thin for 2020. Him, AMart and Savatgy; hope ...more

Thin? I would say a 3 rider roster is good bearing in mind the situation they are in. And 3 good riders assuming Decotis is fit

|

10/30/2019 6:47 AM

Harry_Gray wrote:

Probably just hashing out details, contract stuff. Looks like the JGR lineup is thin for 2020. Him, AMart and Savatgy; hope ...more

3 is 1 more than most expected them to have and 3 more than if the team went away completely.

|

10/30/2019 8:52 AM

lopes appears to be riding his JGR practice bike also.. so maybe Enzo lopes gets a 250 for the opposite coast?

|

10/30/2019 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2019 10:26 AM

RonJon wrote:

Didn't Jimmy D get two podiums last year? Surely there have been plenty of guys on factory rides (including JGR) who you can point to before this as examples of problematic hires.

|

10/30/2019 11:23 AM

Harry_Gray wrote:

philG wrote:

Thin? I would say a 3 rider roster is good bearing in mind the situation they are in. And 3 good riders assuming Decotis is ...more

The reason I say thin, is because they have one East SX/one West SX and a 450 rider. No 2nd rider to fall back on if one of them gets hurt. That's the concern I have. Even if any of them don't finish super high in the standings; I hope the 250 riders finish in the top 5 standings at least and Savatgy finish in the top 10 and fare well when they go outdoors in 2020. Hopefully...they'll have that to go hunting with in regards to future sponsorship $$$'s.

|

10/30/2019 12:59 PM

RonJon wrote:

Stick to surf wear.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/30/2019 1:17 PM

RonJon wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Didn't Jimmy D get two podiums last year? Surely there have been plenty of guys on factory rides (including JGR) who you can ...more

2 podiums in 10 years, half of those on factory rides. How about put a kid on there that is on the upswing of his career, not riding out the end of his career like amart and jimmyd

|

10/30/2019 1:18 PM

Yep, 1E and 1W and a 450 is not bad at all considering all of the challenges they have faced recently. I hope all come in healthy and fit.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

10/30/2019 3:32 PM

RonJon wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Didn't Jimmy D get two podiums last year? Surely there have been plenty of guys on factory rides (including JGR) who you can ...more

RonJon wrote:

2 podiums in 10 years, half of those on factory rides. How about put a kid on there that is on the upswing of his career, not ...more

For a team with an uncertain future past this season, and still developing a new machine with limited top level race development, a veteran Rider is a better choice.

|

10/30/2019 4:03 PM

RonJon wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

RonJon wrote:

2 podiums in 10 years, half of those on factory rides. How about put a kid on there that is on the upswing of his career, not ...more

Jimmy D and Amart are far from the end of their career.

|

10/30/2019 4:06 PM

RonJon wrote:

Have you got a name? Who should they be using?

I may be off base but doesnt Jimmy D live near the shop? Probably comes cheap, has put up results for the team before and likely doesnt want to ride outdoors. Seems like a decent low maintenance fit that would come reasonably cheap.

They've bet the farm chasing titles with top quality riders before. Stewart, Barcia and Hill didnt work out so well. Much better ROI from Peick, Reed, Brayton, Millsaps etc.

|

10/30/2019 4:10 PM

"put a kid" yeah we've seen what happened with Enzo Lopes

|