Decoster & Herlings

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2017 5:04 PM

hate to start another herlings thread but did anyone notice the interaction between them two after the first moto. you could tell decoster was pissed. after they walked past eachother and decoster gave him a "good moto" head nod and walked right past herlings, herlings turned around like wtf!? and then in the interview post race he said he wasn't even reading his pit board.

|

8/26/2017 5:07 PM

Did you want Roger to give a huge hug and a peck on the lips?

|

8/26/2017 5:13 PM

RD should have thanked him. If Eli didn't try to pass JH the championship would have been over after the first moto.

|

8/26/2017 5:13 PM

agn5009 wrote:

Did you want Roger to give a huge hug and a peck on the lips?

no, i didn't want roger to do anything actually. i was just commenting on the exchange in relation to how you can tell roger was pissed about the way the moto went down. especially since herlings even said he wasn't reading the pit board which makes me think he was and that's his excuse to why he didn't do whatever the orders were. roger is ktm and it's suprising he had noticeable saltiness towards herlings as if those points were going to matter anyways. i just think it's cool when you can see what's really going without even hearing any words spoken

|

8/26/2017 5:22 PM

Do you think KTM USA (Roger and co) didn't want Herlings at Ironman in the first place?

|

8/26/2017 5:28 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

Do you think KTM USA (Roger and co) didn't want Herlings at Ironman in the first place?

hard to say. i think he was ok with it thinking if anything he would beat/get in the head of tomac but not beat marv. i think we can all agree herlings was much more dominant than we thought he would be. i mean he was much faster from practice to finish. i think he did get in tomac head but i don't think anyone thought he would be as dominant as he was

|

8/26/2017 5:37 PM

DPR250R wrote:

RD should have thanked him. If Eli didn't try to pass JH the championship would have been over after the first moto.

Good point.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/26/2017 5:48 PM

I understand having guest riders in the middle of the series like Desalle and Ferris, but at the final round with the championship not decided (albeit Tomac with big lead), but at the final round I'm not sure it would be welcome.
Though Decoster said the obvious, that Tomac really had it because of the big lead.

|

8/26/2017 5:55 PM

DPR250R wrote:

Agree completely, Tomac wanted to go for the win and made the small mistake jumping to the outside. Had that not happened the #3 would've been replaced with a #1 for the last moto and we may have seen a more intense Herlings/Tomac battle.

Really looking forward to next week!

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

8/26/2017 6:02 PM

I think Rogers interaction was a about what I would expect . He doesn't tip me off as a touchy feely kind of guy.

|

8/26/2017 6:03 PM

DPR250R wrote:

Great point. Early in that first moto, I was actually talking to the TV (to Tomac): "You're leading the 'AMA Class' ... everyone's behind you ... do not mix it up with Herlings ... you do not wanna go after that particular guy ... 'cause it ain't gonna be easy."

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/26/2017 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 6:30 PM

The championship was a long shot for Mavin. He did not seem upset to me or did MarVin seem to mind. Herings whipped there ass today enough said.

|

8/26/2017 6:45 PM

here, we can all waste our lives, picking apart a one second interaction between two men with different agendas,
goals, needs, desires... etc.

go

Photo

|

8/26/2017 6:56 PM

I want Herlings autograph.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/26/2017 9:13 PM

Herlings doesn't ride for KTM America! Lol

|

Mugen666

8/26/2017 9:45 PM

They both seem like great guys.

|

8/26/2017 9:54 PM

KTM owns the WoRLd, thanks to Roger D.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/26/2017 10:20 PM

DPR250R wrote:

Brownstone322 wrote:

Great point. Early in that first moto, I was actually talking to the TV (to Tomac): "You're leading the 'AMA Class' ... everyone's behind you ... do not mix it up with Herlings ... you do not wanna go after that particular guy ... 'cause it ain't gonna be easy."

Yeah, my inner conspiracy theorist guessed that Herlings was there for just that reason, to bait Tomac into pushing it and wrecking it. A passive aggressive, mental-games sort of ploy a la Tomacs infamous Vegas SX "bunching" technique.

|

8/26/2017 10:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 10:21 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I think Rogers interaction was a about what I would expect . He doesn't tip me off as a touchy feely kind of guy.

Bingo... But when it comes to the lady's it just might be a little different.

|

8/26/2017 10:26 PM

Mr. G wrote:

They both seem like great guys.

|

Ed Johnson

8/26/2017 10:33 PM

I just wonder if Tomac was a DNF and everything else happened the same, would Herlings have pulled over for Marv? I'm thinking that he wouldn't have.

|

8/26/2017 11:40 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

I understand having guest riders in the middle of the series like Desalle and Ferris, but at the final round with the championship not decided (albeit Tomac with big lead), but at the final round I'm not sure it would be welcome.
Though Decoster said the obvious, that Tomac really had it because of the big lead.

This is kinda how I feel about Joffrey playing spoiler, although a weak one (he didn't have much/any influence, bigger picture). It seemed kinda 'greasy' to me.

|

8/27/2017 2:06 AM

KurtJ99 wrote:

So how do you feel about Tomac and co racing the GP next week?

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

8/27/2017 3:15 AM

Looked fine to me

|

8/27/2017 4:23 AM

KTM needed Tomacs bike to explode...both motos. Any other result from Tomoac and he wins. Roger knew that.

|

8/27/2017 6:37 AM

KurtJ99 wrote:

jemcee wrote:

So how do you feel about Tomac and co racing the GP next week?

I see what you did theresmile As for Herling's performance do not read too much into it remember he was not on his usual bike and racing a series he never raced in at a track he had never raced on....WAIT never mind his performance was INCREDIBLE!!!

|

8/27/2017 8:44 AM

ledger wrote:

You mispelled Pit Beirer.

|

8/27/2017 9:04 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

You mispelled Pit Beirer.

all of a sudden the world looks a lot bigger wink

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/27/2017 9:11 AM

Rodger is awesome, but KTM isn't where they are now only because of him.

|

8/27/2017 9:14 AM

ledger wrote:

Roger works with the production bikes Claudio, Antonio and team R&D for Pit Beirer's racing dept.

|

If you don't crash alot you just ain't going fast enough, Danny