Decoster

plowboy
6/1/2022 12:49pm
Talon wrote:
Not so much that I don’t like him. I just don’t bow down over achievements. I am of the mindset that what you’ve done in the...
Not so much that I don’t like him. I just don’t bow down over achievements. I am of the mindset that what you’ve done in the past doesn’t give you a free pass in the future. Yes I get the irony in that when talking Dungey, Cairoli. We’ve all been a round politics and we all know how to conduct ourselves around an audience, at least I think most of us have. I just don’t see why the guy (man) can’t join the hype train of the broadcast. Everyone was in amazement on what Dungey was doing. Then you interview his boss and he’s a total dick and kind of a mood killer about it. Like bro stfu and go gripe at the truck if you’re unhappy. Can’t just give some props and leave it at that? Like being with that girl that can’t say something nice without also being mean. You have the biggest dick out of all your friends type thing lol. Whatever. I’m in the minority here I get it.
In no way am I saying that Roger and I are besties. But, I've talked to him many times at the races...some pretty lengthy conversations...about family, world affairs, retirement, etc. He is one of those guys, like myself and my grandpa before me...that see life in black and white. He isn't being rude intentionally...if someone asks a question he only knows how to tell the truth. Expecting his riders to win or be on the box isn't unrealistic. Perfection isn't usually attainable but striving for it means everything....in my black and white world. Peace brother.
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 12:56pm
Talon wrote:
Not so much that I don’t like him. I just don’t bow down over achievements. I am of the mindset that what you’ve done in the...
Not so much that I don’t like him. I just don’t bow down over achievements. I am of the mindset that what you’ve done in the past doesn’t give you a free pass in the future. Yes I get the irony in that when talking Dungey, Cairoli. We’ve all been a round politics and we all know how to conduct ourselves around an audience, at least I think most of us have. I just don’t see why the guy (man) can’t join the hype train of the broadcast. Everyone was in amazement on what Dungey was doing. Then you interview his boss and he’s a total dick and kind of a mood killer about it. Like bro stfu and go gripe at the truck if you’re unhappy. Can’t just give some props and leave it at that? Like being with that girl that can’t say something nice without also being mean. You have the biggest dick out of all your friends type thing lol. Whatever. I’m in the minority here I get it.
plowboy wrote:
In no way am I saying that Roger and I are besties. But, I've talked to him many times at the races...some pretty lengthy conversations...about family...
In no way am I saying that Roger and I are besties. But, I've talked to him many times at the races...some pretty lengthy conversations...about family, world affairs, retirement, etc. He is one of those guys, like myself and my grandpa before me...that see life in black and white. He isn't being rude intentionally...if someone asks a question he only knows how to tell the truth. Expecting his riders to win or be on the box isn't unrealistic. Perfection isn't usually attainable but striving for it means everything....in my black and white world. Peace brother.
To each their own man. Every generation is different and has a different view of success and how to achieve it. I’ve seen leaders lead to victory with all kinds of approaches. Some black and white. Some with more of a “players coach” approach.
6/1/2022 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2022 1:23pm
Talon wrote:
You don't "bow down over achievements?"

How is that relevant? I missed the part where Decoster prefaced his answer with "ok you better listen, because here are my accolades and achievements"

I don't know you, or your achievements, only what you've posted in this thread, which by your definition is what's relevant, correct? If that's correct, you seem like an insecure person who hasn't achieved much so others who have make you feel inferior. Who knows man, maybe you're wildly successful in life in every way, but apparently that's not relevant.

Did I get it right?

The bottom line is Decoster didn't say anything his riders and anyone worth anything on that team wouldn't agree with.
6/1/2022 1:09pm
Talon wrote:
To each their own man. Every generation is different and has a different view of success and how to achieve it. I’ve seen leaders lead to...
To each their own man. Every generation is different and has a different view of success and how to achieve it. I’ve seen leaders lead to victory with all kinds of approaches. Some black and white. Some with more of a “players coach” approach.
You've seen leaders lead differently because those being led all have different needs.

The Shop

Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2022 1:14pm
Talon wrote:
You don't "bow down over achievements?" How is that relevant? I missed the part where Decoster prefaced his answer with "ok you better listen, because here...

How is that relevant? I missed the part where Decoster prefaced his answer with "ok you better listen, because here are my accolades and achievements"

I don't know you, or your achievements, only what you've posted in this thread, which by your definition is what's relevant, correct? If that's correct, you seem like an insecure person who hasn't achieved much so others who have make you feel inferior. Who knows man, maybe you're wildly successful in life in every way, but apparently that's not relevant.

Did I get it right?

The bottom line is Decoster didn't say anything his riders and anyone worth anything on that team wouldn't agree with.
My dude you can dissect it any way you want. You can pretend to know me. Try to insult me. I don’t give a flying fuck. This is a message board to discuss things. If you think i never amounted to anything because I didn’t agree with Roger Decoster on one comment on an interview … ok. Don’t care lol. Anything else?

A bunch of amateur Psych majors on vital lol.
plowboy
6/1/2022 1:13pm
Talon wrote:
To each their own man. Every generation is different and has a different view of success and how to achieve it. I’ve seen leaders lead to...
You've seen leaders lead differently because those being led all have different needs.
Wink
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 1:15pm
Talon wrote:
You don't "bow down over achievements?" How is that relevant? I missed the part where Decoster prefaced his answer with "ok you better listen, because here...

Did I get it right?

Sorry bro. I concede. Your opinion on the matter is so superior that I will now change my position to agreeing with Roger decoster so I can amount to something with my life.
6/1/2022 1:17pm
Talon wrote:
Sorry bro. I concede. Your opinion on the matter is so superior that I will now change my position to agreeing with Roger decoster so I...
Sorry bro. I concede. Your opinion on the matter is so superior that I will now change my position to agreeing with Roger decoster so I can amount to something with my life.
Dude you're missing my point entirely. All I did was apply your logic to your own argument.
No personal attacks. If I saw you at Hangtown I'd buy you a beer and we could laugh about stupid arguments on the internet 🍻
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 1:31pm
Talon wrote:
Sorry bro. I concede. Your opinion on the matter is so superior that I will now change my position to agreeing with Roger decoster so I...
Dude you're missing my point entirely. All I did was apply your logic to your own argument. No personal attacks. If I saw you at Hangtown...
Dude you're missing my point entirely. All I did was apply your logic to your own argument.
No personal attacks. If I saw you at Hangtown I'd buy you a beer and we could laugh about stupid arguments on the internet 🍻
I don’t have an argument dude. I simply don’t agree with his one petty comment. That’s it. I don’t hate roger decoster. I’m not downplaying his achievements. I just think he didn’t need the back handed comment after the good comments. Damn why is everyone so sensitive about that lol.

Like I said. You don’t really get story’s like Dungey. I was pretty pumped on his riding. When they cut away to get his interview I had a smile on my face like damn dude Ryan is REPRESENTING for you. Then when he opened his mouth I was like.. tf. Ok buzzkillington. All your bikes in the top 10. One knocking on the door of podium. With basically a back up squad. Anyways. I’m done with this thread. It’s already taking up too much of my time for the day. On to Hangtown.
plowboy
6/1/2022 1:53pm
Talon wrote:
Dude you're missing my point entirely. All I did was apply your logic to your own argument. No personal attacks. If I saw you at Hangtown...
Same with me...I have no arguments with your opinion. I just have a little experience with RD and a dick he ain't...old and honest..yep.
plowboy
6/1/2022 2:00pm
Talon wrote:
I don’t have an argument dude. I simply don’t agree with his one petty comment. That’s it. I don’t hate roger decoster. I’m not downplaying his...
I don’t have an argument dude. I simply don’t agree with his one petty comment. That’s it. I don’t hate roger decoster. I’m not downplaying his achievements. I just think he didn’t need the back handed comment after the good comments. Damn why is everyone so sensitive about that lol.

Like I said. You don’t really get story’s like Dungey. I was pretty pumped on his riding. When they cut away to get his interview I had a smile on my face like damn dude Ryan is REPRESENTING for you. Then when he opened his mouth I was like.. tf. Ok buzzkillington. All your bikes in the top 10. One knocking on the door of podium. With basically a back up squad. Anyways. I’m done with this thread. It’s already taking up too much of my time for the day. On to Hangtown.
Fucking quitterSilly Just joshin' ya. I got nothing to do but watch the wildlife from my campsite....and play on Vital....and drink a wobble pop or 8. Steak for dinner.
PVB
6/1/2022 2:06pm
Roger observing: Dungey up to 3rd, falls back to 5th, Cairoli in 7th, Plessinger in 10th. Grabs his stopwatch and sees Sexton and Roczen 30 plus seconds ahead of 3rd place and much more for the rest of the pack.

Roger turns around and there is a TV crew sticking a mic in his face asking about the teams performance.

Roger has the mindset of winning, considers the 30+ second lead and what that implies and responds, "we need to do better" undoubtedly already thinking of the upcoming races and the championship in general.

Vital explodes the next day. Woohoo

Roger is "The Man" for a reason. Nobody has done more in the sport, period.
plowboy
6/1/2022 2:24pm
PVB wrote:
Roger observing: Dungey up to 3rd, falls back to 5th, Cairoli in 7th, Plessinger in 10th. Grabs his stopwatch and sees Sexton and Roczen 30 plus...
Roger observing: Dungey up to 3rd, falls back to 5th, Cairoli in 7th, Plessinger in 10th. Grabs his stopwatch and sees Sexton and Roczen 30 plus seconds ahead of 3rd place and much more for the rest of the pack.

Roger turns around and there is a TV crew sticking a mic in his face asking about the teams performance.

Roger has the mindset of winning, considers the 30+ second lead and what that implies and responds, "we need to do better" undoubtedly already thinking of the upcoming races and the championship in general.

Another RD nut hugger...welcome to the clubBlush
PVB
6/1/2022 2:54pm
PVB wrote:
Roger observing: Dungey up to 3rd, falls back to 5th, Cairoli in 7th, Plessinger in 10th. Grabs his stopwatch and sees Sexton and Roczen 30 plus...

plowboy wrote:
Another RD nut hugger...welcome to the clubBlush
Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts. Grinning
plowboy
6/1/2022 2:57pm
Dragnet...black and white for sure.Wink
mooch
Fantasy
449th
6/1/2022 3:29pm
Talon wrote:
How about you leave my character out of it there bud. You don’t know me, how old I am. if I’ve served. What Leaders I’ve had...
How about you leave my character out of it there bud. You don’t know me, how old I am. if I’ve served. What Leaders I’ve had or what teams I’ve led. I’m merely stating .. when it’s comes to his legend status. Saying 2 already legends need to do better… seems like a douchy thing to say on TV for an audience. You wanna go back to your truck and say that behind closed doors... cool. Rd and AC deserve that respect and have earned that respect.

IMO it’s the same as managers don’t bitch to employees about other managers. They do it behind closed doors. For my ex and current military. Ncos and senior ncos stick together even if they are wrong and never let a junior ranking know about any rift amongst you.

To put it simply. I think Roger should have kept that between him and his two legends.
DonM wrote:
I think you read way too much into what DeCoster said.....
Talon wrote:
He said what he said and it sounded douchy.
How ironic...You calling out someone because they ... "sounded douchy".
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 3:34pm
DonM wrote:
I think you read way too much into what DeCoster said.....
Talon wrote:
He said what he said and it sounded douchy.
mooch wrote:
How ironic...You calling out someone because they ... "sounded douchy".
Hey there stranger. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing worth reading. Don’t ever change.
plowboy
6/1/2022 3:39pm
Talon wrote:
Hey there stranger. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing worth reading. Don’t ever change.
It's all good Talonbro. If you were at Hangtown I'd introduce you to Roger...in just a few minutes you'd see what we're talking about.
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 3:42pm
Talon wrote:
plowboy wrote:
It's all good Talonbro. If you were at Hangtown I'd introduce you to Roger...in just a few minutes you'd see what we're talking about.
I’ll say it again. I have nothing against Roger. I’m sure he’s a fine dude. He doesn’t get the reputation he has and as the kids say “clout” he has from being an over all douchy guy. Still cna disagree with ONE SMALL COMMENT though. I’ll stick by that one.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
6/1/2022 3:47pm
I never understood this logic:

“Oh you don’t think so and so is great? You’re just jealous because you haven’t been as successful”.

There is a lot of guys that have been far more successful in this industry than me who I wouldn’t give a wooden nickel to for their advice.

plowboy
6/1/2022 3:49pm
Talon wrote:
I’ll say it again. I have nothing against Roger. I’m sure he’s a fine dude. He doesn’t get the reputation he has and as the kids...
I’ll say it again. I have nothing against Roger. I’m sure he’s a fine dude. He doesn’t get the reputation he has and as the kids say “clout” he has from being an over all douchy guy. Still cna disagree with ONE SMALL COMMENT though. I’ll stick by that one.
Well ok then. You gonna be at Hangtown? I wanna kidney punch ya till you see straightEvil Again, just joshin'. It's all good, man.
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/1/2022 3:51pm
Talon wrote:
I’ll say it again. I have nothing against Roger. I’m sure he’s a fine dude. He doesn’t get the reputation he has and as the kids...
plowboy wrote:
Well ok then. You gonna be at Hangtown? I wanna kidney punch ya till you see straightEvil Again, just joshin'. It's all good, man.
I wish my dude. Unfortunately I go back on my weekend rotation starting this weekend. I’ll probably fly in for Shougal this year for sure.
6/1/2022 3:58pm
Roger has always done well with the best backing. Let’s put Rog in charge of the 250 team and see how good he is.
wreckitrandy
6/2/2022 12:50pm
Roger has always done well with the best backing. Let’s put Rog in charge of the 250 team and see how good he is.
So, KTM's effort when he signed on was top notch? How about when he signed with Suzuki as a rider? They had never won a 500 gp much less a title. Then, when the weight rule changed and Suzuki more or less threw their hands up? Yeah, I guess anybody could have prospered given those circumstances.
Everybody on this board probably thinks that they love motocross. A lot of us have raced on some level. Many people here have 'book' knowledge of the history of the sport. But NOBODY, anywhere on this planet, has the hours invested or, the experience in the sport that DeCoster has. He's most likely, literally, forgotten or discarded more information about the sport than 90% of us THINK that we know. It's about experience and, he's got more of it in the deepest end of the pool than anyone.
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/2/2022 2:59pm
Couldn’t help but chuckle just now watching pulp mx on Mavtv. At the very end they brought up Roger and his comment. Now they might not have said “douche” on Rogers comments… but I see I’m not the only one with a wtf mindset on it.
DonM
6/2/2022 7:22pm
Talon wrote:
Couldn’t help but chuckle just now watching pulp mx on Mavtv. At the very end they brought up Roger and his comment. Now they might not...
Couldn’t help but chuckle just now watching pulp mx on Mavtv. At the very end they brought up Roger and his comment. Now they might not have said “douche” on Rogers comments… but I see I’m not the only one with a wtf mindset on it.
Is that horse dead yet….
Talon
Fantasy
151st
6/2/2022 7:49pm
Talon wrote:
Couldn’t help but chuckle just now watching pulp mx on Mavtv. At the very end they brought up Roger and his comment. Now they might not...
DonM wrote:
Is that horse dead yet….
Sorry. I’ll put down the gun I have against your head forcing you to read and reply.
6/3/2022 11:35am
Chance1216 wrote:
I have nothing but, respect for the guy. My uncle was a huge Decoster fan. Because of Decoster, he bought a 76 RM 370 back in...
I have nothing but, respect for the guy. My uncle was a huge Decoster fan. Because of Decoster, he bought a 76 RM 370 back in the day and, always talked about how great Decoster was over the years. Fast forward to 2010, Decoster was at a local dealership with KTM and, Suzuki riders. I bought a hat for him to sign for my uncle. Not only did he sign it but, he took it to each rider and, had them sign it as well. Dungey included.
Good to know that Lackey has talked him in to come over to Scotland in a fortnights time for a classic meeting He will have plenty of signing to do that weekend!

Post a reply to: Decoster

The Latest