btn
btn
1 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
Dan-The-Man Dan-The-Man
5/30/2022 8:21 AM

How about that trackside interview? “We need to do better”. The man is ruthless.

KennyT KennyT
5/30/2022 9:08 AM
Dan-The-Man wrote:

How about that trackside ...more

I thought the same thing. AP needs to do better, I’m not sure what he was expecting out of a guy coming off a 6 year hiatus.

fatcat fatcat
5/30/2022 10:04 AM
Dan-The-Man wrote:

KennyT wrote:

I thought the same thing. ...more

I thought I heard him say he was thinking Dungey top 5

mxracer71 mxracer71
5/30/2022 10:17 AM

i bet he gives some good talks in the trailer to pump these guys up. I mean dungey top 5, Tony right behind him and ap was in the top 10. Id take that all day on the 1st round of mx considering their super cross season was a shitshow.

wreckitrandy wreckitrandy
5/30/2022 10:31 AM

What was it Gibby said about him? "Don't ask him a question if you don't want to hear the truth.." Something to that effect.

Talon Talon
5/30/2022 10:38 AM

I know he’s a legend but after hearing little things here and there from riders on podcasts etc.. he seems like a douche for a boss.

agn5008 agn5008
5/30/2022 11:09 AM
Talon wrote:

I know he’s a legend but ...more

I’d rather have a great boss who can be kinda douchy than a boss who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

LungButter LungButter
5/30/2022 11:19 AM

Overrated.

Knobbyjake Knobbyjake
5/30/2022 11:20 AM

He expects the efforts and results to be the same as he used to give and get.

Anyone but Ralph!

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
5/30/2022 11:28 AM
Talon wrote:

I think he's pretty down to earth. You can see him in the background of the Cairoli video Michael did and he's helping out the team put away the awning from the semi.

If he was really a douche bag, he'd just say that's not my job. Hard workers expect the same from their staff.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

M1000 M1000
5/30/2022 11:33 AM

Roger is the best. You are hired to win races. Therefore win races. Roger is a champion. Champions make no excuses. Everyone else is a loser. This is how America became #1. Don’t settle for second best.

Talon Talon
5/30/2022 11:42 AM

Being a leader is more than just saying the truth. It takes learning your personalities and knowing how to get the best out of your employees. I can’t speak for Dungey or his relationship with Roger. But me personally, if I took 6 years off and came back and put his manufacturer in the top 5 and I heard he said I needed to do better to everyone watching id feel a way about it. Legend or not. I think Roger needs to dial that shot back a bit

OR Racer46 OR Racer46
5/30/2022 12:20 PM
Talon wrote:

Being a leader is more ...more

Good thing for Dungey that was not said . He said he would be Happy if he got Top 5.

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

Dan-The-Man Dan-The-Man
5/30/2022 12:21 PM

Not sure why the thumbs down. I wasn’t against what he said. It was typical Decoster. He didn’t even mention AP, just Dungey and Cairoli, which I think Dungey did better than Webb would have.

rf928 rf928
5/30/2022 12:25 PM

There is a difference between a douche and an honest boss. Lots of the time the harsh truth is interpreted as being a douche. They missed the podium. If you ride for factory KTM you are expected to win. Dunge and TC aside you really think he went up to AP and said “hey great job out there, that’s just what we expected out of you.”

He knows like the rest of us do, Dungey is capable. It has to be so frustrating knowing the effort they put into their full time guys, only to see the retired guy come back and run close to where they expect to be. Pretty pathetic when the retired guy is the leading force of the team.

BUT HOT DAMN BABY DUNGEY IS BACK LETS GOOOOOO

cwel11 cwel11
5/30/2022 12:27 PM

He expects the very best from his guys, and why not? They’re a top level factory team with more than likely a lot of money being paid out. Last time I checked Roger has a boss he has to answer to as well. He doesn’t pussyfoot around. I thought it was great. Some old school no BS straight talk from the man himself. Hilarious

5/30/2022 12:29 PM
Talon wrote:

Being a leader is more ...more

OR Racer46 wrote:

Good thing for Dungey that ...more

Correct. He said Cairolli could do better. And he did. People just hear what they want to.

plowboy plowboy
5/30/2022 1:08 PM

I asked Roger in the pits before the race..."Gonna be a good day?". He shrugged and just said, "We'll see I guess". He seemed more distracted than usual....who knows what's going on. Side note...I think Roger helps setup/tear down at EVERY race.

Roger is a champion. He knows what potential looks like. His job has always been to pick winners and give them every possible support for success. The only valid excuse for non-performance is injury. Old school mentality but I think the same way.

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

Magoofan Magoofan
5/30/2022 1:14 PM
Dan-The-Man wrote:

Roger is from the generation where not everyone gets a trophy for participation and people weren't coddled like they are today.

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

Dan-The-Man Dan-The-Man
5/30/2022 1:31 PM
Magoofan wrote:

Roger is from the ...more

I think we all know that. It’s how it should be. Still interesting that he mentioned the two guys out of retirement and mid race is expecting more. You can only imagine what he was saying during SX after Webb left Baker and was struggling.

Bruce372 Bruce372
5/30/2022 2:41 PM
M1000 wrote:

Roger is the best. You are ...more

Yep, America became #1 by hiring immigrants! laughing tongue cool

7I3N 7I3N
5/30/2022 3:47 PM

The Man isn't ruthless. He's just open and honest. Some of y'all are a little too used to being kissed with a lie instead of slapped with the truth.

Chance1216 Chance1216
5/30/2022 4:09 PM

I have nothing but, respect for the guy. My uncle was a huge Decoster fan. Because of Decoster, he bought a 76 RM 370 back in the day and, always talked about how great Decoster was over the years. Fast forward to 2010, Decoster was at a local dealership with KTM and, Suzuki riders. I bought a hat for him to sign for my uncle. Not only did he sign it but, he took it to each rider and, had them sign it as well. Dungey included.

inthebadboycorner inthebadboycorner
5/30/2022 4:17 PM

Ktm group should be very disapointed, if it wasn't for the freakshow, the best they could muster was an 8th.
Not what they are acustomed to.

plowboy plowboy
5/30/2022 5:37 PM

I have never heard Roger blow his own horn about "creating or making champions". What he does is find exceptional talent and provide the best possible support to allow the rider to excel. Pretty much the definition of a manager. Mitch Payton is another example.

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

ToolMaker ToolMaker
5/30/2022 5:43 PM
Talon wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

I’d rather have a great ...more

Sorry buddy, meant to hit quote and hit the thumbs down.
Anyway, a lot of leaders expect excellence. How else will you get it if that's not the goal. Expect mediocrity and for sure that's what you will get. But I'd much rather work under a legend with high expectations and high performance standards than someone who knows shit and bitches about everyone else not doing enough.
TM

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

5/30/2022 6:06 PM
plowboy wrote:

I have never heard Roger ...more

Agreed. What I'd like to know is, what does he take credit for that he hasn't done..?

Nathaniel129 Nathaniel129
5/30/2022 6:16 PM

It's so strange some of you find it offensive him saying top-tier, world-class professional athletes should do better. He's not talking about 11 year old soccer players.

You think Cairoli, Dungey, or Plessinger wouldn't say they need to do better? The lack of perspective here sometimes is mind-boggling.

As for Decoster, he definitely has his faults, as a lot in the industry will say....but when have you ever heard him boast about anything? He might tell the brutal truth about his riders, but it's not like he's saying he's God's gift to KTM.

Dirtydeeds Dirtydeeds
5/30/2022 6:30 PM

Side note heres my old man and the man way back

Photo

J. Sloan J. Sloan
5/30/2022 6:39 PM
Dirtydeeds wrote:

Side note heres my old man ...more

I had one of those hot pink hats. Your dad has good taste!

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

btn
btn
1 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry