Decal Works - New Internet Browser Requirements

Paul333
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2013 11:55am
Has anybody else had issues with Decal Works new Internet Browser Requirements? I have not been able to use their design studio for a couple of weeks. The PC I am on now is brand new and has all the latest and greatest Microsoft software on it. I don't want to have to add anything from Google, Firefox, anything or completely change my browser just for them.

Admittedly I am not the best guy for computers but somehow I've managed to do OK up until this.

Up until this I ordered all my backgrounds from Decal Works, but I am about to move on.

"Unfortunately, your current Internet browser does not have the capability to view the Design Studio.

Fortunately - that is really easy to fix!

Since Adobe Flash is not supported on most mobile devices (including the Apple iPad/iPhone, and most Android phones and tablets), we have utilized SVG graphics to allow you full functionality on your PC, Tablet or phone.
SVG graphics are supported on all modern browsers, but we have detected that the browser you are currently using doesn't support them.

What you need
Any Internet Browser that supports SVG Inline Graphics. These include:
•Microsoft Internet Explorer - version 9.0 or newer (only available on Windows Vista and newer - Windows XP users must either use Chrome Frame within Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8, or use one of the other freely available browsers listed below)
•Mozilla Firefox - version 18.0 or newer
•Google Chrome - version 24.0 or newer
•Opera - version 12.1 or newer
•Safari (iPhone/iPad) - version 5.0 or newer
•Android Browser (Android Phone/Tablet) - version 3.0 or newer
•Blackberry Browser (Blackberry Phone) - version 7.0 or newer

Option 1: Use Google Chrome Frame
If you have Windows Vista or older (Windows XP) and prefer to use Microsoft Internet Explorer, we highly recommend you use Google Chrome Frame. Google Chrome Frame extends Internet Explorer to support the latest web standards, along with making older versions of Internet Explorer more secure - all without having to change the browser you are used to.

Click here to install Google Chrome Frame Now

Option 2: Use a different Web Browser
If you have any of the above mentioned browsers on your device, simply open http://www.decalmx.com in one of the supported browsers above.

If you do not have any of these browsers, they are all free! You can download there here:
Click here to install Google Chrome Now
Click here to install Mozilla Firefox (for Desktops) Now
Click here to install Mozilla Firefox (for Mobile) Now
Click here to install Opera Now"
|
The Oracle
Fantasy
4263rd
6/25/2013 4:35pm
Hi Paul.

I am currently using it with no problems on Google Chrome on my Macbook.

Download the latest version of Google Chrome and I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Hope you get it sorted out!
The Rock
6/25/2013 5:45pm
Chrome is so much faster than IE plus is a better browser any way you slice it. If you download Chrome you will thank DeCal Works for being the reason after you lived with it for an hour or so.
S.Loyer
6/25/2013 5:51pm
As a web Developer. It pains me to hear people still use IE.
It about kills me to have to develop for IE.
As everyone in our industry would be happy if microsoft just gave up.

Download chrome make it your permanent browser and be happy.

The Shop

Paul333
6/25/2013 6:45pm
Paul, give it a go now.
Unfortunately, your current Internet browser does not have the capability to view the Design Studio.

Fortunately - that is really easy to fix!

Install Google Chrome Frame Now!

Click here for more technical information...
takitimu
6/25/2013 8:02pm
It's a really nice design tool, my new gfx are winging their way now,
Paul333
6/25/2013 8:03pm
Nothing Google will never be downloaded on my computers. Neither will Firefox. Both have proven to me in the past to be nonsecure. Google absolutely.

If the latest and greatest from MS isn't enough I am screwed I guess.

I'm just wondering why I can use every other companies custom applications, but not Decal Works. I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm just forum savy so I know to ask. I might call Decal Works tomorrow.
6/25/2013 8:07pm
I wish it showed older model bikes so I could see exactly what it looked like on my plastics configuration ( 2009 KTM, shows 2013 KTM)
takitimu
6/25/2013 8:14pm
I think telling us what version of ie and what operating system would be helpful. Just because a computer is new doesn't mean alot with knowing who it was bought from, model number, manufacturing date etc.
level
6/25/2013 8:59pm
Google Chrome Frame is an open source plug-in that seamlessly brings Google Chrome's open web technologies and speedy JavaScript engine to Internet Explorer.
level
6/25/2013 9:00pm
Google Chrome Frame is only available for Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 and 9 on Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 or greater.
dboivin
6/25/2013 9:16pm
Paul333 wrote:
Nothing Google will never be downloaded on my computers. Neither will Firefox. Both have proven to me in the past to be nonsecure. Google absolutely. If...
Nothing Google will never be downloaded on my computers. Neither will Firefox. Both have proven to me in the past to be nonsecure. Google absolutely.

I'm just wondering why I can use every other companies custom applications, but not Decal Works. I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm just forum savy so I know to ask. I might call Decal Works tomorrow.
pardon me for finding it funny that you trust IE and not chrome.

fwiw, simple chrome install and processing your decal order and never using it again is about a 2 minute fix....but yet you persist in struggling and explaining to us how you will never "download google product" to your system....from a tech perspective, thats entertaining. thanks for the laugh.
S.Loyer
6/25/2013 9:51pm
Paul333 wrote:
Nothing Google will never be downloaded on my computers. Neither will Firefox. Both have proven to me in the past to be nonsecure. Google absolutely. If...

This made me laugh.

It also makes me sad I am such a Web Geek that I care that much...
bryan
6/25/2013 11:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2013 11:13pm
Paul333 wrote:

You're fighting a losing battle. It's not unheard of for newer applications to either not support, or delay support for IE. It's not just Decal Works. Sometimes it's not possible and other times it's not practical to support it, especially for smaller companies (too many resources to satisfy a smallish chunk of the audience).
DanWhalen
6/26/2013 7:56am
Hello this is Dan with DeCal Works. We have simplified the wording on the page that appears when a browser is not compatible but Google Frame or another browser needs to be installed for the DeSign Studio to work, if the Update Browser page appears. Really all browsers should work besides older versions of IE.

If you do not want to download Google Chrome I would recommend Google Frame. You will continue to use IE as your browser and Google Frame is only used to display the DeSign Studio. The reason this must be downloaded is because older versions of IE do not support HTML 5.

When creating the new DeSign Studio it was a choice of making it compatible with old versions of IE or with newer phones and tablets. As you can see the phones and tablets won. Smile

If you have any questions please email dan@decalmx.com or call 815-784-4000.

Thanks
slipdog
6/26/2013 8:01am
^^^^That's customer service!
Arkmx
6/26/2013 9:03am

Google Chrome!

Dan is the man! Good guys and product at Decal Works!

jmb227
6/26/2013 9:48am
The whole google is not secure but microsoft is might be the funniest non-sarcastic thing ive read on here in a long time.
500guy
6/26/2013 10:13am
jmb227 wrote:
The whole google is not secure but microsoft is might be the funniest non-sarcastic thing ive read on here in a long time.
I found it more amazing that when asked our Government say's they have less information on the citizens than , Microsoft,Google, Yahoo ect.

The only way to avoid this is to stay off the grid 100% , no phone, no utilities, no drivers license , no Social Security Card or prior schooling. the list is a mile long.

I guess what I'm saying is they (someone) already has all the info. if you have an email address you are part of the machine.
Zaugg
6/26/2013 10:22am
Skynet has achieved self-consciousness. Laughing
smoker
6/26/2013 10:26am
Paul, the only people still using IE are the people that don't know better.
I also got a chuckle that you're choosing IE over chrome because of security concerns.

Just take the dive man, you'll be happy you did.
6/26/2013 10:30am
jmb227 wrote:
I didn't know if he was serious for a minute Laughing
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/26/2013 10:41am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2013 10:42am
I'm glad all these sites are high tech and have the latest upgrades, but why can't they make it where mere mortal machines can view the site. Why have such advanced websites that it takes the worlds most advanced super computer to use.
bryan
6/26/2013 11:13am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2013 11:15am
burn1986 wrote:
I'm glad all these sites are high tech and have the latest upgrades, but why can't they make it where mere mortal machines can view the...
I'm glad all these sites are high tech and have the latest upgrades, but why can't they make it where mere mortal machines can view the site. Why have such advanced websites that it takes the worlds most advanced super computer to use.
Basically, every web browser company works together to decide how things should work, to ensure that websites "just work" no matter which browser you're using. Most of them actually share the same code. Except Microsoft. They give everyone else the finger and do what they want, only much slower than everyone else. So you end up with something that doesn't "follow the agreed upon rules" and is also several years behind everyone else. Until Windows 7 came along, a HUGE chunk of people were using a browser that was 10+ years old.

Expecting modern websites to work with IE is kind of like expecting FMF to have an exhaust for your '01 Cannondale moto bike in their 2013 catalog.

The newest versions of Internet Explorer are a lot better, but they're still not quite caught up to everyone else. And, there's also some resentment from web developers for the years of headaches IE's caused.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/26/2013 11:55am
Paul333 wrote:

Its OK Paul, but I dont think Decal Works make any graphics for your 1980s MX bike anyway. Pinch

Post a reply to: Decal Works - New Internet Browser Requirements

The Latest