Death by 1000 cuts

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2018 4:41 AM

I notice Eli is going out of his way to pass Marvin as absolutely clean as he can. I think this is actually genius. He could have taken him out 5 times or more by now but I think he knows that first: Marvin was already worried that would be the case every time he raced for a while after the incident so was probably riding defensive with Eli around, but second: that if he just blows by him without having to even get near him that clearly means hes way faster. He looks to be trying to send the message that I dont have to block pass, take your line, bump into you, or even be on the same part of the track I can just pass you where I want to when I want to. It would be funny though if he does this for a while and Marvins like ok I guess were in the clear now and then Eli just takes his wheels out from under him right before the finish line of an important race say one that drops him down from 2nd to 3rd in points.

|

5/27/2018 4:50 AM

Supercross next year. Wait for it. Eli doesn't need to waste his time with Marvin outdoors. He's going by regardless.

|

5/27/2018 5:07 AM

I can’t remember Eli ever being dirty besides the whole dungey Vegas thing. Is it more of a statement to pass marv like he did yesterday then to clean him out?

|

5/27/2018 5:10 AM

Naanak wrote:

I can’t remember Eli ever being dirty besides the whole dungey Vegas thing. Is it more of a statement to pass marv like he did yesterday then to clean him out?

Ask Deano if he remembers anything

|

5/27/2018 5:19 AM

JRT812 wrote:

Yeah but Deano wasn’t being the cleanest before that lol.

|

5/27/2018 5:21 AM

Good observation.

It's all about the mental game.

|

5/27/2018 5:33 AM

JRT812 wrote:

The last thing he remembers was starting a war with a better rider ,next thing he knows ,the boy scouts were putting his arm in a sling .

|

5/27/2018 5:56 AM

Naanak wrote:

Not sure I agree with this. A guy can tbone another guy for a main event win, but a guy can’t bunch up the field to try and win a title? Don’t really think that what Eli did in Vegas was dirty.

And for the record I don’t have an issue with what Musquin did either.

|

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck. - Kenny Powers

5/27/2018 6:04 AM

I don't think he's going out of his way to pass him clean. You see way more contact in supercross than Motocross because of the nature of the track. I can't recall a time where Eli has slammed anyone outdoors to get a pass. I'm sure he's bumped others here and there, but I don't remember any take downs. He's riding his race, I doubt he's worried much about getting revenge.

|

5/27/2018 6:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 6:32 AM

Shaking hands after Marvin’s podium interview. Looks like Marvin’s very appreciative.

Photo Photo

|

5/27/2018 6:47 AM

Tomac is moving forward to more important things...winning. Not making excuses and bringing up the past like some of the other riders aka Marvin.

|

5/27/2018 7:01 AM

They're professionals and let it go. The only people still talking about it are a few on the internet.

|

5/27/2018 7:27 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Shaking hands after Marvin’s podium interview. Looks like Marvin’s very appreciative.

Photo Photo

I noticed that as well. I think it was Matthes last weekend on one of the podcasts say that marv shook hands with all of the kawi guys on the podium. Super respectful in my opinion and i dont think well see any dirty moves anytime soon.

|

5/27/2018 8:57 AM

agn5009 wrote:

They're professionals and let it go. The only people still talking about it are a few on the internet.

Eli was talking about it a lot after it happened so its not like he forgot. I can guarantee theres been a few times where hes come up on Marvin after that and thought mf I could destroy you right now, remember that? But then just chose to pass clean. It definitely sends a clear message when since then hes passed him almost every race at some point that he can just pass him whenever and wherever he is no matter what Eli gets for a start hell pass everyone and win at the end of the race.

|

5/27/2018 8:59 AM

agn5009 wrote:

If we get enough yes votes in a poll about whether people are over it, do you think they’ll stop?laughing

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/27/2018 9:59 AM

Eli can beat Marvin by being faster. He doesn't have to resort to chopping his wheels out from under him, cross jumping, or any of the other acts of desperation in Marvin's tool bag.

|

5/27/2018 10:00 AM

agn5009 wrote:

^^This^^

|

5/27/2018 10:03 AM

I swear this Marvin pass thing has had more traction than what Chad has done to JS7 multiple times, maybe because hes Euro.

|

5/27/2018 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 11:45 AM

eGGz wrote:

Eli can beat Marvin by being faster. He doesn't have to resort to chopping his wheels out from under him, cross jumping, or any of the other acts of desperation in Marvin's tool bag.

Marvin is still bitching about not being able to find an authentic baguette in the U.S.A.

He should hire a Baker so he can get the sort of bread ($$$) he likes. Wait a minute...

|

5/27/2018 11:00 AM

Naanak wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

Exactly. I’ll stand on this Island alone. Fuck Tomac.

|

5/27/2018 11:36 AM

Naanak wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

Solidkm wrote:

Here's the incident. Looks like payback to me.

|

5/27/2018 11:42 AM

JRT812 wrote:

Solidkm wrote:

eGGz wrote:

Here's the incident. Looks like payback to me.

That was fair play tomac passed wilson clean wilson block passed/bumped him twice, so tomac came back with a block pass of his own. Shame wilson got hurt, but if you play that game those are the results.

Not like tomac cleaned him out outta nowhere.

|

5/27/2018 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 12:29 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

I swear this Marvin pass thing has had more traction than what Chad has done to JS7 multiple times, maybe because hes Euro.

Ever been to America? You need to consider the general demographic of the fans...

Last year at High Point opening ceremonies and sermon, in preparation for our National Anthem we were all asked to remove our hats and put hand across heart in honor of our veterans and all that is good in America.

Some dildo was blabbing on his cell phone with hat still on. This dude behind him swatted him in the head, blowing the phone and hat three rows deep. I don't know if the dork ever found his hat or phone.

Welcome to High Point, where the locals think foreigners taste like venison, but only if they misbehave. They all loved the Dean Ferris ride in the first moto and were excited a 3-digit did so well.

Other rounds are a bit different... MXoN at Red Bud won't have quite the nationalistic vigor as High Point.

I am sure Oz has fanatical pockets as well... Right?

|

5/27/2018 12:27 PM

He’s got a $million reasons not to waste his time thinking about moosecan!

|

5/27/2018 2:39 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

YamahaJT1 wrote:

Ever been to America? You need to consider the general demographic of the fans...

Last year at High Point opening ceremonies and sermon, in preparation for our National Anthem we were all asked to remove our hats and put hand across heart in honor of our veterans and all that is good in America.

Some dildo was blabbing on his cell phone with hat still on. This dude behind him swatted him in the head, blowing the phone and hat three rows deep. I don't know if the dork ever found his hat or phone.

Welcome to High Point, where the locals think foreigners taste like venison, but only if they misbehave. They all loved the Dean Ferris ride in the first moto and were excited a 3-digit did so well.

Other rounds are a bit different... MXoN at Red Bud won't have quite the nationalistic vigor as High Point.

Well I did say Maybe...

Chad is Aussie and when he took out JS7 multiple times, probably some of the most dirtiest passes in SX history, in some cases he took himself out just to try beat James which rarely get's talked about,Musquin's pass was probably not even the dirtiest past in the season and its stuck hard.

Also why do American's consider Roczen as American and Musquin not?

And yes I've actually just come back from America.

|

5/27/2018 3:07 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Photo Photo

They also shook hands on the podium in Vegas.

|

5/27/2018 3:19 PM

YamahaJT1 wrote:

Nationalistic vigor? Is that what you call it? Some might call it something else.whistling

|

5/27/2018 3:34 PM

Maybe Tomac wait to see if he and Musquin are picked for their MXdN teams. Then he’ll park Musquin in a corner. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

|

5/27/2018 7:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 7:05 PM

JRT812 wrote:

I hate when this gets brought up as ammo about Tomac riding dirty. First off, Deano was riding like a total asshat that night. He kept taking Tomac wide and off the track, brake checking him, etc. He was clearly not fast enough to beat him straight up in 2012. Then, watch the incident where Eli hits him. He hooks up a bit weird in the rut and that kind of jumps him off his line and into Deano. Watch it slowly. His trajectory was not going to take Wilson out until he got some unexpected traction and it stands the bike up.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

5/27/2018 8:22 PM

Solidkm wrote:

This has been a banner year for gaining thoughtful new Vitards.

|