Dear Smart Top / Moto Concepts

Edited Date/Time 2/8/2022 7:19pm
Please consult Mitch Payton on how to learn to show some integrity and earn some respect.

The following release is from Kawasaki...

Team Pro Circuit/Kawasaki/Chevy Trucks has announced that Eric Sorby will not compete in this weekend’s Chevy Trucks U.S. Motocross Championship race at Washougal, Washington. The team cited disciplinary measures that stem from recent actions on the track.

“We believe that Eric has the ability to compete at this level and win some races,” explained Mitch Payton, owner of Pro Circuit, Inc. of Corona, California, who also oversees Team Pro Circuit/Kawasaki/Chevy Trucks. “He has a lot of talent and determination out on the track. He works hard and wants to do well in the U.S., it's just sometimes we feel he gets going a little too quickly out on the track which in turn causes some poor decisions.

“We want Eric to take a step back and reassess his approach to racing. Pro Circuit, Kawasaki and the rest of our sponsors fully support his efforts and realize that he is very close to being on the top of the podium.”

Sorby sat down with Payton and Kawasaki’s professional motocross team manager Mark Johnson this week and agreed that taking a short break would be a positive move. That type of support has left a lasting impression on the young Frenchman.

https://rec.motorcycles.dirt.narkive.com/5qpgx9Rw/sorby-made-to-go-sit-…
|
davis224
Fantasy
138th
2/7/2022 7:25am
If my memory serves me correctly, some of Sorby's moves make anything Vince has done this year look pretty tame.
2/7/2022 7:54am
davis224 wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly, some of Sorby's moves make anything Vince has done this year look pretty tame.
True - but at least Sorby was racing forward..,
Bromley686
2/7/2022 8:25am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2022 8:26am
Yet ANOTHER Vince thread…

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/7/2022 8:27am
Ah yes, and after he sat that round out, Sorby was a changed man and wasn't a complete lunatic on the track

The Shop

jambalaya
2/7/2022 8:31am
This post is just funny. Yeah St. Mitch was always a beacon of purity in sport
gt80rider
2/7/2022 10:01am
In all seriousness... I'm done with Smart Top/Moto Concepts... they pay a dude with MASSIVE anger issues, to go out on the track, and do whatever he feels like.. without trying to help him and his mental illness.... sad to watch for all involved... just shows how little that team cares about Freeze, the health of the other riders, and the sport as a whole.... #donewithemall
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/7/2022 10:09am
gt80rider wrote:
In all seriousness... I'm done with Smart Top/Moto Concepts... they pay a dude with MASSIVE anger issues, to go out on the track, and do whatever...
In all seriousness... I'm done with Smart Top/Moto Concepts... they pay a dude with MASSIVE anger issues, to go out on the track, and do whatever he feels like.. without trying to help him and his mental illness.... sad to watch for all involved... just shows how little that team cares about Freeze, the health of the other riders, and the sport as a whole.... #donewithemall
OMG what will they ever do without gt80rider !! I thought SX wasnt even worth your time to watch, but you must because you still come on Vital and bitch about everything that has to to with racing, better yet just go away.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/7/2022 10:09am
gt80rider wrote:
In all seriousness... I'm done with Smart Top/Moto Concepts... they pay a dude with MASSIVE anger issues, to go out on the track, and do whatever...
Where do you get that he has anger issues? The dude has been in more physical altercations than probably any other rider on the track and doesn't retaliate.

He makes boneheaded moves on the track but seems to keep his composure really well
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
2/7/2022 10:31am
I guess CC’s team should have had him sit out a round after he punted AMart in a…qualifier lol.

Suck it up buttercup.
jeffro503
2/7/2022 10:38am
Here is one thing to think about.......

Vince has done some bone head moves , we can all agree on that.
He has also been put down on the ground multiple times himself.
Other rider's complain ( And some of those complaints are justifiable )......
But have you ever heard Vince complain? I haven't.
He can dish it out for sure , but he's also real good at taking it , without complaining.
2/7/2022 10:51am
jeffro503 wrote:
Here is one thing to think about....... Vince has done some bone head moves , we can all agree on that. He has also been put...

He can dish it out for sure , but he's also real good at taking it , without complaining.
Pretty sure the issue isn't wether or not he complains or is good at taking it. The issue - and there is a long list of people who are tired of it - is that he has a very long history of taking people out as he rides his semi truck backwards in the race. Good for Vince that he doesn't complain, but he should show some integrity for Christ's sake and if you know (and he knows) the rider behind you is considerably faster than you, you don't have to pull over like a blue flag was waved, but show a little respect, hold your line and let your racing do the talking.

Too many times there are incidents of Friese vs (fill in rider name) collisions, with one or both riders hitting the ground. What is it going to take before one of these reoccurring incidents ends somebody's career. The way it's going if something isn't done, it will happen...
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
2/7/2022 10:59am
Was he moved to the 250 class to help Jett/Hunter win a championship? Is he doing exactly what is expected of him?
45ACP
2/7/2022 11:29am
The team wont do anything. Vince probably reminds Tony A of his son Mike too much. Get a good start then spend the rest of the race looking over his shoulder bobbing and weaving trying to block all the faster riders trying to get by.
fins227
2/7/2022 11:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
Here is one thing to think about....... Vince has done some bone head moves , we can all agree on that. He has also been put...

He literally just posted a pic to his Instagram of him getting slammed by hunter with the caption “I love this” Vince is a wild boy that clearly doesn’t give a fuck, I mean he clearly wears makeup, dude is just a racer through and through like most of us. Like him or hate him he’s no quitter! I respect it!
crockett
2/7/2022 11:34am
What’s funny is that pre season everyone talked about how the young 250 riders wouldn’t know what to do with friese. Yet CC28 is the one suffering more than anyone. Kind of humorous
moto162
2/7/2022 11:49am
gt80rider wrote:
I'm pretty sure smart top is so so upset your done with them. Just like if you disappeared from vital all of us would be heartbroken. Literally all you do is bitch and moan and repeat. It's old.
davistld01
2/7/2022 11:57am
I keep thinking Friese has some photos of Genova with a submissive farm animal, or something...

WhistlingWink
2/7/2022 1:57pm
45ACP wrote:
The team wont do anything. Vince probably reminds Tony A of his son Mike too much. Get a good start then spend the rest of the...
The team wont do anything. Vince probably reminds Tony A of his son Mike too much. Get a good start then spend the rest of the race looking over his shoulder bobbing and weaving trying to block all the faster riders trying to get by.
^^^ Bingo. Tony A's newly adopted son. He already ruined two rider's careers and reputations. Why not go for a hat trick...
Payup_199
2/7/2022 2:04pm
NITRODOG wrote:
Was he moved to the 250 class to help Jett/Hunter win a championship? Is he doing exactly what is expected of him?
For Vince not being HRC, did you notice in the post race pulpcasts that Chase would not touch the Vince subject. Basically saying he cant comment. If anyone is a theorist, its plausible here
2/7/2022 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2022 2:10pm
NITRODOG wrote:
Your kidding, most riders have trouble getting safely past Vince, HRC rider included.

Although most riders elect to pass on the inside.
Sandusky26
2/7/2022 2:16pm
Mitch Payton screwed Mike Brown out of the 2005 national championship, and MXON.
2/7/2022 2:23pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
Mitch Payton screwed Mike Brown out of the 2005 national championship, and MXON.
Hahaha ... Pretty sure Mike Brown's career turned out just fine. The Alessi brothers... Mmmmm... not so much.
Joey_Bridges
2/7/2022 2:30pm
Weigant post a video on his YouTube channel concerning friese.
He nailed it.
2/7/2022 2:32pm
Darn, I was hoping somebody would have some of sorby's best hits pulled up from YouTube. I remember hearing stories, but didn't actually see a whole lot of his crazy antics
RalphS
2/7/2022 2:56pm
Weigant post a video on his YouTube channel concerning friese. He nailed it.
He nailed it.
Duuude just watched it and darn it takes a lot to upset Weege but looks like Vince made it happen.
2/7/2022 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2022 2:59pm
He nailed it.
RalphS wrote:
Duuude just watched it and darn it takes a lot to upset Weege but looks like Vince made it happen.
Weigandt isn't the only one. It seems people in the industry and riders have had enough.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZrta2fMEy4/
moto162
2/7/2022 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2022 9:04pm
He nailed it.
Yeah and you can say that over and over about barcia and Anderson. Both 2 of my favorite riders. Got to work with Justin when he was at FC. Anyone remember pourcel punting barcia into the cheap seats for fucking with riders every week. He flat pointed out barcia was punting people that he could have easily passed. Kind of like Braytons comment a couple weeks ago. Kind of like bogals Comment. No one's anymore afraid of passing Vince then barcia and Anderson. Weege can be a blow hard when he wants to be and this is one of them. Stupid move yeah but no more then barcia center punching a privateer over a berm in 2012 or 13 for no reason. I'd even argue barcia has done it as much. I get he's a higher caliber of rider but can't call a spade a spade if you excuse one person and not another.

Still was a dumb move by Vince though.
DonM
2/7/2022 3:10pm
He nailed it.
Nailed it!!!! Vince turns his brain off and doesn’t think…

Post a reply to: Dear Smart Top / Moto Concepts

The Latest