Dear Mr. Stewart-Letter From FIM

pilotdude
Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 9:19pm
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Congratulations on your TUE for next year. We have absolutely no problem whatsoever with you using the substance in question while competing since you have now filed the proper paperwork.

But we have decided to retroactively destroy your 2014 season, including both "super" cross and the outdoor "nationals". You will have to forfeit all wins, prize money, etc. from last year from the positive test forward. Of course, we don't have the power to force, nor will we ask Feld Entertainment, the television networks, and everyone else who profited from you riding to unwind the past and give up everything they gained however.

And of course, despite the fact that you have now gone through all the proper procedures, and filed the proper paperwork to receive approval for the TUE in 2015, we feel it is necessary to destroy the 2015 season of both "super" cross and outdoor "nationals" for yourself, your sponsors, and most of your fans, by not allowing you to ride until August, 2015. We strongly feel it is necessary to destroy 4 of your seasons for your single-and first-violation.

We apologize for taking far longer to decide this case than many murder trials take, however these things must be handled very carefully and thoroughly. Plus, as we all summer in different areas in Europe, it was difficult to coordinate things between us. Also, Wolfgang briefly ran out of Cristal, and Giuseppe ran out of caviar more than once, and to ask them to continue the discussions without those would have been very inconsiderate on our part. (Please use discretion in revealing to anyone that Giuseppe was part of the discussions, as it would look good for neither Wolfgang nor ourselves. Thank you for understanding.) Luckily, we managed to find a gentleman from India who was available to do our dirty work for us, and we are told that the accommodations at the Best Western where you had your hearing with him were excellent.

We are aware that you are nearing the end of your illustrious career, but feel that a 16 month suspension probably will not bring it to a premature ending. We also hope it does not endanger your status as an icon of the sport. It would be a shame to have one of the sport's most popular riders of all time end his career in controversy and disgrace, but you American cowboys always seem rather stubborn when it comes to following our Rules the way we absolutely demand from the rest of the world.

It may seem odd to you that a European organization such as ours has any power over the American "super" cross and outdoor "national" series, since they are perfectly capable of governing themselves, but that is what the organizers of those series decided. They are obviously wise, have excellent judgement, and who are we to argue with them?

In closing, we wish you much success year after next in 2016, and hope for your full recovery from the condition requiring the TUE.

Sincerely,

The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme

PS: Please pass along our heartfelt thanks to your fellow countryman Mr. Villopoto for rescuing the rapidly sinking motocross GPs from failure. Giuseppe has indeed made things very difficult with many of his decisions but he is family and what are you going to do, yes? This should buy him some time for which we are very grateful.
|
bd
12/17/2014 6:15pm
Well done sir
SEE ARE125
12/17/2014 6:24pm
3rd paragraph, last sentence pretty much sums it all up.

The Shop

thorns
12/17/2014 6:26pm
Top work, would read again.
12/17/2014 6:35pm
Nice! Its not over yet guys, theirs a HUGE meeting fri with all the teams n the ama. Hopefully the FIM gets drop kicked. There actually is a letter to the FIM but i wont be the one to post it.All i want for xmas is #7 on the line at A1! Cross your fingers!
12/17/2014 6:36pm
what do you all think he should get, a warning letter? Remember, you are supposed to get the approval (TUE) before you race, not after you get caught. Nor is it a defense to say, "he had a subscription for it so he shouldn't be held accountable for the violation" That's weird thinking.
12/17/2014 6:41pm
Perfect. Fuck the FIM. Fuck WADA.

Destroy 4 of your seasons for your first and only offense.....and oh yeah, your TUE is cool for next year.

Utter BULLSHIT!!

Great letter, man!!
12/17/2014 6:44pm
Nice! Its not over yet guys, theirs a HUGE meeting fri with all the teams n the ama. Hopefully the FIM gets drop kicked. There actually...
Nice! Its not over yet guys, theirs a HUGE meeting fri with all the teams n the ama. Hopefully the FIM gets drop kicked. There actually is a letter to the FIM but i wont be the one to post it.All i want for xmas is #7 on the line at A1! Cross your fingers!
Sources?
VET74
12/17/2014 6:56pm
pilotdude wrote:
Dear Mr. Stewart, Congratulations on your TUE for next year. We have absolutely no problem whatsoever with you using the substance in question while competing since...
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Congratulations on your TUE for next year. We have absolutely no problem whatsoever with you using the substance in question while competing since you have now filed the proper paperwork.

But we have decided to retroactively destroy your 2014 season, including both "super" cross and the outdoor "nationals". You will have to forfeit all wins, prize money, etc. from last year from the positive test forward. Of course, we don't have the power to force, nor will we ask Feld Entertainment, the television networks, and everyone else who profited from you riding to unwind the past and give up everything they gained however.

And of course, despite the fact that you have now gone through all the proper procedures, and filed the proper paperwork to receive approval for the TUE in 2015, we feel it is necessary to destroy the 2015 season of both "super" cross and outdoor "nationals" for yourself, your sponsors, and most of your fans, by not allowing you to ride until August, 2015. We strongly feel it is necessary to destroy 4 of your seasons for your single-and first-violation.

We apologize for taking far longer to decide this case than many murder trials take, however these things must be handled very carefully and thoroughly. Plus, as we all summer in different areas in Europe, it was difficult to coordinate things between us. Also, Wolfgang briefly ran out of Cristal, and Giuseppe ran out of caviar more than once, and to ask them to continue the discussions without those would have been very inconsiderate on our part. (Please use discretion in revealing to anyone that Giuseppe was part of the discussions, as it would look good for neither Wolfgang nor ourselves. Thank you for understanding.) Luckily, we managed to find a gentleman from India who was available to do our dirty work for us, and we are told that the accommodations at the Best Western where you had your hearing with him were excellent.

We are aware that you are nearing the end of your illustrious career, but feel that a 16 month suspension probably will not bring it to a premature ending. We also hope it does not endanger your status as an icon of the sport. It would be a shame to have one of the sport's most popular riders of all time end his career in controversy and disgrace, but you American cowboys always seem rather stubborn when it comes to following our Rules the way we absolutely demand from the rest of the world.

It may seem odd to you that a European organization such as ours has any power over the American "super" cross and outdoor "national" series, since they are perfectly capable of governing themselves, but that is what the organizers of those series decided. They are obviously wise, have excellent judgement, and who are we to argue with them?

In closing, we wish you much success year after next in 2016, and hope for your full recovery from the condition requiring the TUE.

Sincerely,

The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme

PS: Please pass along our heartfelt thanks to your fellow countryman Mr. Villopoto for rescuing the rapidly sinking motocross GPs from failure. Giuseppe has indeed made things very difficult with many of his decisions but he is family and what are you going to do, yes? This should buy him some time for which we are very grateful.
Why do you care so much, were you getting a cut of his prize money? And let me pose a question to you. Say you get ramp checked by the Feds and you forgot your license or medical at home. They levy their punishment on you and it's pretty harsh, are you going to react the same way..."their taking away my livelihood, the punishment doesn't fit the crime, blah, blah, blah. The bottom line, if you don't want to be reacted upon by the authorities (regardless of what country they reside) don't screw up, and if you do, accept the personal responsibility for your actions and move on...there are rules for a reason.

MX/SX were great before JS7, and it will continue to be after he's gone. He certainly added excitement with his riding style and creativity on the bike, but HE screwed up and he's paying a heavy price for it...he no doubt will figure things out though.
Sully22
12/17/2014 7:10pm
Lol...delusional. Don't like the decision or outcome, change the topic...it's American way. At least that's what this generation will be known for. There is no such thing as personal responsibility or accountability...
hvaughn88
12/17/2014 7:14pm
I don't agree with anything you wrote. That being said, it was still funny.
zippy895
12/17/2014 7:32pm
desperately in need of a Hitler video about now...
Bigfoot
12/17/2014 7:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 7:35pm
what do you all think he should get, a warning letter? Remember, you are supposed to get the approval (TUE) before you race, not after you...
what do you all think he should get, a warning letter? Remember, you are supposed to get the approval (TUE) before you race, not after you get caught. Nor is it a defense to say, "he had a subscription for it so he shouldn't be held accountable for the violation" That's weird thinking.
"Subscription"?

His Adderall came in the mail once a month?
Hut
12/17/2014 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 7:41pm
Nice Laughing
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
12/17/2014 7:43pm
The mob mentality is the new American way. I guess Ferguson is the new model on how people will act when a story doesn't fit their narrative. If we do not agree with rules & laws, let's blame the system for enforcing what's been put in place to keep things fair & safe. Makes sense to me.

12/17/2014 8:04pm
This has been asked I'm sure. If the AMA feels this is to stiff, can they allow him to ride outdoors?
Trav138
12/17/2014 8:14pm
The mob mentality is the new American way. I guess Ferguson is the new model on how people will act when a story doesn't fit their...
The mob mentality is the new American way. I guess Ferguson is the new model on how people will act when a story doesn't fit their narrative. If we do not agree with rules & laws, let's blame the system for enforcing what's been put in place to keep things fair & safe. Makes sense to me.

No,according to you, the new American way, will be to just sit back and accept an outrageously unjust and politically motivated attack. Lets be clear thats exactly what this is. 16 months for failing to file his TUE, that was approved for use going forward.

James broke the rules and absolutely deserved some form of punishment, not 16 fucking months.

Awesome post Pilotdude
Tim507
12/17/2014 8:18pm
My interpretation from The AMA Letter is that the FIM may have violated the "Agreement" of their affiliation........ just a thought
Sully22
12/17/2014 8:18pm
Trav138 wrote:
No,according to you, the new American way, will be to just sit back and accept an outrageously unjust and politically motivated attack. Lets be clear thats...
No,according to you, the new American way, will be to just sit back and accept an outrageously unjust and politically motivated attack. Lets be clear thats exactly what this is. 16 months for failing to file his TUE, that was approved for use going forward.

James broke the rules and absolutely deserved some form of punishment, not 16 fucking months.

Awesome post Pilotdude
What is the politically motivated attack part of all this?
Trav138
12/17/2014 8:48pm
Trav138 wrote:
No,according to you, the new American way, will be to just sit back and accept an outrageously unjust and politically motivated attack. Lets be clear thats...

Awesome post Pilotdude
Sully22 wrote:
What is the politically motivated attack part of all this?
For a start read the AMA letter to the FIM that Guy B posted.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/17/2014 8:48pm
Gained RV, took out Stewey. SickAngryBlinkSadUnsureGrinning
Bodieg3
12/17/2014 8:55pm
How do you figure he's being punished 16 months ? Last I checked the only race he's missed was Mec . The way I understood the original suspension he wasn't to compete in any professorial racing . He threw fim a big FU and continued to race ama nationals now their ignoreing he did that and counting that as part of the suspension which is bs in my eyes . He knowingly broke the rules and tested positive for a ped ! He and all you nut huggers should be happy they don't start punishment from the time of his last professinonal race red bull straight rythmn
pilotdude
12/17/2014 9:13pm
Bodieg3 wrote:
How do you figure he's being punished 16 months ? Last I checked the only race he's missed was Mec . The way I understood the...
How do you figure he's being punished 16 months ? Last I checked the only race he's missed was Mec . The way I understood the original suspension he wasn't to compete in any professorial racing . He threw fim a big FU and continued to race ama nationals now their ignoreing he did that and counting that as part of the suspension which is bs in my eyes . He knowingly broke the rules and tested positive for a ped ! He and all you nut huggers should be happy they don't start punishment from the time of his last professinonal race red bull straight rythmn
That is the first time in my life I have ever been accused of being a Stewart "nut hugger." If you knew anything whatsoever about me you would know that I have been one of his harshest critics for his antics.

Not this time. This time he is being effed over by some Euro elitists that have no place in American motorcycle racing.
Hut
12/17/2014 9:24pm
Bodieg3 wrote:
How do you figure he's being punished 16 months ? Last I checked the only race he's missed was Mec . The way I understood the...
pilotdude wrote:
That is the first time in my life I have ever been accused of being a Stewart "nut hugger." If you knew anything whatsoever about me...
That is the first time in my life I have ever been accused of being a Stewart "nut hugger." If you knew anything whatsoever about me you would know that I have been one of his harshest critics for his antics.

Not this time. This time he is being effed over by some Euro elitists that have no place in American motorcycle racing.
effin eh!
peelout
12/17/2014 10:01pm
Ps. .. Play by the rules next time, bro

Post a reply to: Dear Mr. Stewart-Letter From FIM

The Latest