Dear James Stewart...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2014 2:19 PM

You've had a lot of crazy things going on, lately, and there's a lot of talk-n-gossip. So be it. You're one of the stars of this sport and this kind of thing goes with the territory. There's gonna be a lot of opinions and crap-talk, too. Again, so be it.

People are going to say you "owe" us something or you "owe" this or that to your fans. Actually, all you owe us is some good racing when we show up to see you; and, being who you are...that's exactly what you seem to always be trying to do. When it works; It's AWESOME. When it doesn't...no-one seems to be as disappointed as you are. That's the way it's suppose to be...and from where I'm standing...that's all you "owe" me.

As for this latest WADA dilemna...maybe you screwed up. Maybe you have your own reasons for not wanting to go thru the process and having to explain yourself to whomever. Fine. There's a new set of rules & you may have gotten caught up in them. Handle it. We'll still be here when it's all said-n-done.

In the meantime...how about you just focus on getting healthy.

You owe that to yourself.

Best of Luck,

Manny

A fan from the 259 days.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/15/2014 2:23 PM

Nice TeamGreensmile , bring on the haters in 3...2...1...angry

|

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)

8/15/2014 2:29 PM

Dear Mike Webb,

Please be extra patient with James. Hes had an extra tough summer.

Yours, Sandberm

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

8/15/2014 2:30 PM

Agreed. Nicely put.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

8/15/2014 2:49 PM

Word!

|

8/15/2014 2:49 PM

I was going to say there should be a like button then I realized there is one... all this time and there it was right above the reply box. This thread gets a big fat "like" from me!

|

8/15/2014 2:59 PM

Nice post by the OP.

|

Go Dungey!

8/15/2014 3:10 PM

I agree do whats best for your self James. I just want to see you come back swinging and ride the wheels off that Suzuki and be up there battling for a championship.

Get well soon and you will be missed at the Indiana National I will be there wish you were going to be racing to watch you go 1-1. But your true fans will stick behind you. You are the champ in my book!

Hope to see you race at least another 3-4 years.

|

"If you're not 1st your Last"

8/15/2014 3:16 PM

4stroke4DWIN wrote:

Nice TeamGreensmile , bring on the haters in 3...2...1...angry

No reason for haters.

#justsaynotoantisocialmedia

|

8/15/2014 3:16 PM

Well worded, Team Green. Get well, James and lets hope all the WADA stuff gets figured out so you can be there for A1.

259!!

|

8/15/2014 3:18 PM

starchildeyes wrote:

Well worded, Team Green. Get well, James and lets hope all the WADA stuff gets figured out so you can be there for A1.

259!! ...more

I'm thinking some "259" shirts might be in order if A1 happens.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/15/2014 3:22 PM

Well said OP. I'm a Stewie fan and it's been frustrating especially after watching such great rides like Toronto but I wish him well and hope to see him line up at A1.

|

8/15/2014 3:36 PM

Well said Manny.

Spoken like a respectful fan.

The type of people that make Vital better.

|

8/15/2014 3:41 PM

Very well said! I've never understood the sense of entitlement some fans have toward athletes competing.

|

8/15/2014 3:51 PM

Photo
|

8/15/2014 4:09 PM

I don't really care who wins a race on any given day. I do hope # 7 comes back.

|

8/15/2014 4:12 PM

One of the all time greats.......

|

8/15/2014 4:13 PM

Great post and well said!

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/15/2014 4:19 PM

Well said Manny , very well said. Life is hard enough without having to live up to other peoples expectations. Ive always been a Stewart fan thru thick and thin, win or lose and I always will be.
John

|

8/15/2014 4:26 PM

Myke wrote:

Thanks dude.....that means a lot

|

8/15/2014 4:38 PM

Myke wrote:

Moto520 wrote:

I'm 99% sure, that he's speaking to Manny.

|

8/15/2014 4:50 PM

Myke wrote:

Moto520 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

So, you're saying there's a chance?

|

8/15/2014 4:53 PM

cool
|

Did i do that?

8/15/2014 4:57 PM

Moto520 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

disbanded wrote:

So, you're saying there's a chance?

"Soooo... like 1 out of a hundred?"

"Mmmmmm... more like 1 in a million!"

|

8/15/2014 4:58 PM

Agreed,

Ive been a fan since 259 days as well and hope that Stewart resolves everything and comes back when he is ready. I respect any decisions he makes and support his decisions as well.

Rest up JS7!!!

|

8/15/2014 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2014 5:12 PM

bring the 259 days back! scrubbing and having fun.;

I think he should buy a 2 stroke and ride for a whole year and then hang the boots

|

8/15/2014 5:13 PM

I heard from an industry insider, w.a.d.a. will possibly impose a 2 year supercross suspension? If so? Stewart would not be eligable for supercross untill 2017. If so? I think it will hurt our sport. That's just my opinon and these are not facts but my source has been right about a lot of other similar situations. What happens remains to be seen? I wonder if James missing these out door races has anything to do wit it? Kinda wierd Malcom has been missing races as well? Almost seems like a Stewart protest of some sort but hey I'm only speculating.

|

8/15/2014 5:16 PM

I read in MXA that WADA can not impose penalties, only the FIM can.

|

8/15/2014 5:17 PM

sundios wrote:

bring the 259 days back! scrubbing and having fun.;

I think he should buy a 2 stroke and ride for a whole year and then hang ...more

I believe both Stewart's ride smokers often.. to bad they wont be surprising us tomorrow riding those beauties.

|

8/15/2014 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2014 5:26 PM

Moto520 wrote:

One of the all time greats.......

X10000 and a departure like this would just suck! Not the way a career like his should end. Hope he makes it back for a few more years.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!