Dear Glen Helen...

5/18/2019 7:34am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Since each entity is only interested in their interests (Outdoor Mx as well is only interested in their own interests)..... It seems a smart business move...
Since each entity is only interested in their interests (Outdoor Mx as well is only interested in their own interests).....

It seems a smart business move by the track! Plus they are showing the race if you want to watch it!

Pros do very little for the survival of a local track of any kind!
the smartest, ethical business move would've been to do the event on Sunday, so the proceeds aren't split in any way by either venue.. Which is...
the smartest, ethical business move would've been to do the event on Sunday, so the proceeds aren't split in any way by either venue.. Which is common sense. Either you're bright enough to get this or not. Unfortunately a few people in this thread fall into the unevolved category of "not getting it"
kkawboy14 wrote:
I’m a Business man with 2 companies that I built from the ground up, along with 1 patent that I created. I’m not saying I’m smart...
I’m a Business man with 2 companies that I built from the ground up, along with 1 patent that I created.
I’m not saying I’m smart but I get why they are doing what they are doing.
Even smarter would be to do it on Saturday and Sunday, with a discount if you show up both days!
you win this time 'business man'

sry for being off topic, what was the patent for? If you don't want to get into i understand
Spode
5/18/2019 10:41pm
MX Sports If you want to do So. Cal. motocross fans a real favor, reschedule this National onto a place that real mx fans want to go and watch the pros It makes you look very petty and greedy.
I personally pay to ride at both locations and in my opinion pala will suck big time for traffic and the fan viewing will not compare. Glen Helen is way better for a large crowd and a better track to watch the pros.

I cant believe how many dummies post that live 1000s of miles away that know nothing and have no real input.

Go back to your barn in Ohio or Georgia and get your Rokon trail-breaker running.

Sincerely Spode
blackdiamond
5/18/2019 11:19pm
newmann wrote:
Let's take the outdoor nationals and can it down to a schedule that limits the racing to a made for TV package. Then complain that people...
Let's take the outdoor nationals and can it down to a schedule that limits the racing to a made for TV package. Then complain that people quit going to the track to watch a condensed made for tv event. Dry

To hell with a 125 cc National Championship series that will help build the sport, there's no time in the TV schedule. Do you realize how much the TV crew costs? They do have to take smoke breaks and lunch.
If the media tries as hard to bury the Glen Helen rider appreciation event for MX Sports as they do the two stroke all star races it will work out just fine....

No one will even know.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/18/2019 11:48pm
Mr. Info wrote:
ML your issue is you want to be a big player in the Industry so keep reaching and I hope you get there. I can say...
ML your issue is you want to be a big player in the Industry so keep reaching and I hope you get there.
I can say what I want cause I don’t care. I have no ass to kiss and be on someone’s good side. Do You?
Young man I wish you the best playing the games you have to play to fit in.
My side is simple in this one, you're an imbecile and do much more harm that good for Glen Helen's reputation. Also, the fact that GH drug Tom's good name into their political bull is disgusting in my eyes. Considering how quickly the family asked that to be pulled and non-associated shows how they even view the move. I feel sorry for John and Kristin, the fact that they were even put in that position.

Considering how poorly myself, my test crew, and the OEMs involved were treated the last time we did a shootout there, (as paying customers I might add, I don't ask to be placed on the freebie list), I wonder why I go sometimes.

The Shop

Flip109
5/19/2019 4:55am
Could always be worse. Could have to work on Saturday like I will be and watch it on your damn phone! LaughingDry

If it was an option I’d be riding glen H all morning, Packing my shit up at noon, Grab the cooler and head over to the museum or whatever it is to drink and watch the national. Sucks all the political games going on but that sounds like a good ass day to me! Haha
mxb2
5/19/2019 7:33am
Flip109 wrote:
Could always be worse. Could have to work on Saturday like I will be and watch it on your damn phone! :laugh: :dry: If it was...
Could always be worse. Could have to work on Saturday like I will be and watch it on your damn phone! LaughingDry

If it was an option I’d be riding glen H all morning, Packing my shit up at noon, Grab the cooler and head over to the museum or whatever it is to drink and watch the national. Sucks all the political games going on but that sounds like a good ass day to me! Haha
You are. Lucky enough to have a job where you can use your phone. Alot of jobs dont allow it for 8-10 hrs.
Flip109
5/19/2019 7:44am
Flip109 wrote:
Could always be worse. Could have to work on Saturday like I will be and watch it on your damn phone! :laugh: :dry: If it was...

mxb2 wrote:
You are. Lucky enough to have a job where you can use your phone. Alot of jobs dont allow it for 8-10 hrs.
Not bitching about my job for sure lol I spend more time on my phone than actually working Laughing
RexEasely
5/19/2019 7:57am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Since each entity is only interested in their interests (Outdoor Mx as well is only interested in their own interests)..... It seems a smart business move...
Since each entity is only interested in their interests (Outdoor Mx as well is only interested in their own interests).....

It seems a smart business move by the track! Plus they are showing the race if you want to watch it!

Pros do very little for the survival of a local track of any kind!
the smartest, ethical business move would've been to do the event on Sunday, so the proceeds aren't split in any way by either venue.. Which is...
the smartest, ethical business move would've been to do the event on Sunday, so the proceeds aren't split in any way by either venue.. Which is common sense. Either you're bright enough to get this or not. Unfortunately a few people in this thread fall into the unevolved category of "not getting it"
kkawboy14 wrote:
I’m a Business man with 2 companies that I built from the ground up, along with 1 patent that I created. I’m not saying I’m smart...
I’m a Business man with 2 companies that I built from the ground up, along with 1 patent that I created.
I’m not saying I’m smart but I get why they are doing what they are doing.
Even smarter would be to do it on Saturday and Sunday, with a discount if you show up both days!
What do you sell? You seem to have a pretty good life.
RexEasely
5/19/2019 8:02am
Flip109 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
This is how it should be. I see guys at work go into the bathroom and not come out for 30 minutes. I see others trying to hide while texting. Instant messages can wait. Only emergency calls folks. Tell your chick to stop texting you while at work.
ob
5/19/2019 9:49am
I don’t want to go to GH hardly ever. Even if it’s free. DID is the exception
5/19/2019 10:37am
RexEasely wrote:
This is how it should be. I see guys at work go into the bathroom and not come out for 30 minutes. I see others trying...
This is how it should be. I see guys at work go into the bathroom and not come out for 30 minutes. I see others trying to hide while texting. Instant messages can wait. Only emergency calls folks. Tell your chick to stop texting you while at work.
A phone could be shaped like a phallus and most would still be holding onto one regardless of the situation.
Ozy
5/25/2019 10:27pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Glad you have your opinion. Guy maybe your post has caused a lot of negative and positive news for the Pala race and best pull it...
Glad you have your opinion. Guy maybe your post has caused a lot of negative and positive news for the Pala race and best pull it off it’s not going to change anything either way.
I can say for a fact that the majority of the people posting have no clue about why contracts are negotiated and that both sides don’t always agree just like the trade deal with China. One side does not want to spend as much and the other side wants all they can get. And either way this is the story of contract. Both sides generally can lose something. It’s business let it go.
ML512 wrote:
Speaking of China, how’s your hole going? Cause with each post, you’re definitely digging your way there...and taking Glen Helen with you.
Is somebody taking themselves a little too serious?

Most people are ambivalent. As soon as the decision was made to go back to PALA they Lost a good percentage of the people who would go to GH and gained a smaller percentage of SD people. I would have been at GH today with my son and was sad to see the change of venue because Pala is too far for me personally.. What is pure gold to me is the thumbs up and thumbs down and people acting like it's important. To say Mr. Info is damaging GH by posting is wishful thinking at best.

This is America, the home of free market capitalism.
ns503
5/26/2019 6:17am
Too far? How far is too far anyway? If I want to catch a race its 12+ hr drive or get on a plane. Both of which I've done.
GIwasB4
5/26/2019 6:24am
Mr. Info wrote:
ML your issue is you want to be a big player in the Industry so keep reaching and I hope you get there. I can say...
ML your issue is you want to be a big player in the Industry so keep reaching and I hope you get there.
I can say what I want cause I don’t care. I have no ass to kiss and be on someone’s good side. Do You?
Young man I wish you the best playing the games you have to play to fit in.
ML512 wrote:
My side is simple in this one, you're an imbecile and do much more harm that good for Glen Helen's reputation. Also, the fact that GH...
My side is simple in this one, you're an imbecile and do much more harm that good for Glen Helen's reputation. Also, the fact that GH drug Tom's good name into their political bull is disgusting in my eyes. Considering how quickly the family asked that to be pulled and non-associated shows how they even view the move. I feel sorry for John and Kristin, the fact that they were even put in that position.

Considering how poorly myself, my test crew, and the OEMs involved were treated the last time we did a shootout there, (as paying customers I might add, I don't ask to be placed on the freebie list), I wonder why I go sometimes.

newmann
4/8/2020 5:17pm
At least everyone liked my posts. Prosit!

TeamGreen
4/8/2020 5:25pm
newmann wrote:
At least everyone liked my posts. Prosit! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/08/418294/s1200_B1A59A7B_016D_4CD4_9561_013B42B61AD2.jpg[/img]
At least everyone liked my posts. Prosit!

Whoa...you done performed a resurrection!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/8/2020 5:46pm
Newmann being Newmann...

Post a reply to: Dear Glen Helen...

The Latest