Deans sponsors?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2019 7:59 AM

In the Minneapolis ore race interview with Sean he said he was allowed to keep his sponsers that he had. Does that Include the censored ignite? his bike gear and every part will switch over?

|

2/9/2019 8:09 AM

It’s pretty easy for a guy to just add on his sponsors to other sponsors.

|

2/9/2019 8:13 AM

I remember Dunge being sponsored by Target and Nike, He brought those with him when he changed teams

Personal sponsors

|

2/9/2019 8:53 AM

p3fab wrote:

In the Minneapolis ore race interview with Sean he said he was allowed to keep his sponsers that he had. Does that Include the censored ignite? his bike gear and every part will switch over?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's sponsors

|

2/9/2019 8:56 AM

p3fab wrote:

aroark247 wrote:

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's sponsors

Shit spelling is not my strong suit the down fall of trade school lol

|

2/9/2019 8:58 AM

How many outside sponsors can a factory guy have and do they have to be approved? I was more questioning the one that’s controversial could a factory team say no to such a thing?

|

2/9/2019 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2019 9:56 AM

I'm curious how dungey was able to get Target as a sponsor. Did Target reach out to him or did Dungey ask Target.

Its one thing to see a smaller company from outside the industry sponsor a rider but Targets a pretty big corporation. Seems odd to me that their marketing department wanted to put money towards Dungey rather than another mainstream sport/athlete. But then again, idk how much they would even pay someone like dungey and if they are able to see a spike in sales because of that.

Also, idk how well Target is doing and what their future looks like but there are a few other big box stores going out of business because of Walmart and it seems like more of a gamble to put their money into Moto and not something else.

Not meaning to sound like I'm complaining. Huge props to Target for doing something out of the norm and supporting our sport. Just curious what their mindset was.

One thing I will say is that MX fans are loyal. We know our sport is small and we have a lot of appreciation towards anyone who sponsors our stuff. Idk how other sports are in this category but I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of times I've read people on Vital saying that they shop somewhere because of their involvement with the sport. I have a feeling it's not like that for mainstream sports maybe because those sports are a given and have been embedded as a norm for everyone in our society. I always notice advertisements for anything moto or dirtbike related. I'm sure there have been several advertisements or banners for other sports at local stores but I couldn't tell you the last time I saw and remember one. I never forget a moto related advertisement.

Off the top of my head, Target seems to be the most non-moto related mainstream company to support the sport. Aside from Energy drink companies.

Photo

|

2/9/2019 9:27 AM

Dungey is from Minnesota.
Target is based out of Minnesota.
Target reached out.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/target-signs-motocross-athlete-ryan-dungey/

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/9/2019 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2019 4:54 PM

midwestmoto wrote:

I'm curious how dungey was able to get Target as a sponsor. Did Target reach out to him or did Dungey ask Target.

Its one thing to see a smaller company from outside the industry sponsor a rider but Targets a pretty big corporation. Seems odd to me that their marketing department wanted to put money towards Dungey rather than another mainstream sport/athlete. But then again, idk how much they would even pay someone like dungey and if they are able to see a spike in sales because of that.

Also, idk how well Target is doing and what their future looks like but there are a few other big box stores going out of business because of Walmart and it seems like more of a gamble to put their money into Moto and not something else.

Not meaning to sound like I'm complaining. Huge props to Target for doing something out of the norm and supporting our sport. Just curious what their mindset was.

One thing I will say is that MX fans are loyal. We know our sport is small and we have a lot of appreciation towards anyone who sponsors our stuff. Idk how other sports are in this category but I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of times I've read people on Vital saying that they shop somewhere because of their involvement with the sport. I have a feeling it's not like that for mainstream sports maybe because those sports are a given and have been embedded as a norm for everyone in our society. I always notice advertisements for anything moto or dirtbike related. I'm sure there have been several advertisements or banners for other sports at local stores but I couldn't tell you the last time I saw and remember one. I never forget a moto related advertisement.

Off the top of my head, Target seems to be the most non-moto related mainstream company to support the sport. Aside from Energy drink companies.

Photo

How about Surf detergent? Or bud light? Also red roof inns, and great western bank.

|

2/9/2019 4:58 PM

midwestmoto wrote:

Photo

ACBraap wrote:

How about Surf detergent? Or bud light? Also red roof inns, and great western bank.

Good point. I wasn't aware Bud light was still involved in motocross. Thought that was back in the Mcgrath days.

The fact that I'm not familiar with those sponsors being involved in motocross goes to show how important it is for riders to be on the podium and to mention their sponsors.

|

2/9/2019 5:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Target reached out.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/target-signs-motocross-athlete-ryan-dungey/

Ryan’s mom is how he got setup with Target. She has worked for Target for a long time.

|

2/9/2019 5:20 PM

Why is gronk sponsored by tide pods?

|

2/9/2019 5:36 PM

yamaharider471 wrote:

Because they taste great..and are less filling.

|

2/9/2019 5:37 PM

midwestmoto wrote:

Photo

ACBraap wrote:

midwestmoto wrote:

Good point. I wasn't aware Bud light was still involved in motocross. Thought that was back in the Mcgrath days.

The fact that I'm not familiar with those sponsors being involved in motocross goes to show how important it is for riders to be on the podium and to mention their sponsors.

It was the McGrath era I was referring to. Surf was Jeff Glass in the 80s/90s, as were red roof inn and Great Westwrn Bank. As far as I know, only McGrath and Phil Lawrence at GWB had podiums. There are a lot of ways to get sponsors coverage that aren’t just being on the podium. Which is good news for 19 guys per week per class

|

2/9/2019 6:05 PM

yamaharider471 wrote:

DownSouth wrote:

Because they taste great..and are less filling.

Makes sense. Photo

|

2/9/2019 6:08 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Target reached out.

jhansen510 wrote:

Ryan’s mom is how he got setup with Target. She has worked for Target for a long time.

Bingo.

|