Deano Out At Rockstar Husky

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/29/2018 7:15am
In this day and age results are still the top criteria for a rider.

However, Dean brings a lot to the table with Instagram and who he is. For marketing, I thought Answer gear was looking good while he was on KTM, he helped make O’Neal look cool again and now Shift. He just needs to stay out on the track more if the injuries could stop.
motomoto652
9/29/2018 10:27am
Who do you guys think will pick him up? Not a lot of spots left.... Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Ktm, Husky, JGR, RMATVMC all full...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/29/2018 10:49am
Who do you guys think will pick him up? Not a lot of spots left.... Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Ktm, Husky, JGR, RMATVMC all full...
All full yes, but there's a high probability that someone's going to get hurt at some point so he could land a fill in ride.

There's HEP Motorsports and Phoenix Racing who are SX only but I wouldn't bet on seeing him on either of those teams.
Doddy
9/29/2018 11:51am
I can't imagine the feeling of having to wait till someone gets hurt to get my job back......

The Shop

drt410
9/29/2018 12:23pm
RonJon wrote:
I do not for the life of me understand how Dean is out of a ride and Joey S gets a factory ride. Such a bummer...
I do not for the life of me understand how Dean is out of a ride and Joey S gets a factory ride. Such a bummer for Dean.I know the pundits will say Dean has had his shot but podiums in outdoors and supercross show he still has it. I'd say dean has more upside than a bogle or savatgy any day.
Na Bogle won a couple races last year and gets holeshots all the time. Savatgy yes.
9/29/2018 12:29pm
Get on a yz450...stock one probably better than a factory husky anyhoo
Johnny Ringo
9/29/2018 5:26pm
RonJon wrote:
I do not for the life of me understand how Dean is out of a ride and Joey S gets a factory ride. Such a bummer...
I do not for the life of me understand how Dean is out of a ride and Joey S gets a factory ride. Such a bummer for Dean.I know the pundits will say Dean has had his shot but podiums in outdoors and supercross show he still has it. I'd say dean has more upside than a bogle or savatgy any day.
drt410 wrote:
Na Bogle won a couple races last year and gets holeshots all the time. Savatgy yes.
Did you watch Bogle this year?
RCMXracing
9/29/2018 5:29pm
“Head, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes...”
Dean has been through hell with back to back injuries. IF there were a riders union he would be on injured reserve over the years with financial security. When these guys get hurt they come back too soon for financial reasons and to stay relevant in order to keep or get a ride. The injuries snowball. Adam C. another example.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/29/2018 5:29pm
bh84 wrote:
If Deano is smart he'll be knocking down RMATVMC's dorr about fielding a third bike. Side note: Amazing that a goon like Friese has a ride...
If Deano is smart he'll be knocking down RMATVMC's dorr about fielding a third bike.

Side note: Amazing that a goon like Friese has a ride and Deano doesn't. That's sad.
Freezy is there every week, Dean isn't. Freezy rides for 35k a year plus bonuses, Dean wont.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/29/2018 5:31pm
mx_phreek wrote:
What sucks is they kept dragging it out with the hope he could stay as a 3rd guy on team. Now hes out and and all...
What sucks is they kept dragging it out with the hope he could stay as a 3rd guy on team. Now hes out and and all vacant spots have been took were as if they told him at the start he out could of been actively trying get a ride somewhere else.
Nobody dragged anything out, he was told that if they couldn't find the funding, he was out. They couldn't get the extra funding, so he is out.
linglingers
9/29/2018 5:53pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Freezy is there every week, Dean isn't. Freezy rides for 35k a year plus bonuses, Dean wont.
Dean won't? You know him well enough that you know that? Interesting. I'm pretty sure he was willing to ride for free his first privateer go-around, and when trying to make something happen for next year with the team.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/29/2018 5:59pm
ML512 wrote:
SO MUCH FACEPALM ??‍♂️ Ughh...
Even more on Instagram
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/29/2018 6:01pm
Get on a yz450...stock one probably better than a factory husky anyhoo
I want some of what you’re smoking !

Nevermind, maybe I don’t....
drt410
9/29/2018 6:20pm
DFWracefan wrote:
Need to figure out a way for a shipping company or car carrier to have a rig taking the privateer bikes from race to race. Use...
Need to figure out a way for a shipping company or car carrier to have a rig taking the privateer bikes from race to race. Use the stadium locker rooms to allow the riders a place to change, shower, and gather while the event is going on.
Who the hell downvotes something like this? Time to stop paying attention to idiots lol.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/29/2018 7:32pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Dean won't? You know him well enough that you know that? Interesting. I'm pretty sure he was willing to ride for free his first privateer go-around...
Dean won't? You know him well enough that you know that? Interesting. I'm pretty sure he was willing to ride for free his first privateer go-around, and when trying to make something happen for next year with the team.
maybe he would, I dont know, but he wasn't riding that Husky for free.
drt410
9/29/2018 7:42pm
Pat_Boyd wrote:
He says the whole team shut down , doesn't sound like just him.
JVT357 wrote:
He says the 3 man team got shut down with him being the 3rd member. It will be a 2 man team, JA21 and osbourne
Were yet to see how the rule changes affect the 2019 season for obvious reasons, but I really hope they address the problem of not enough team slots in the 450 class and with more and more people pointing out now they should be opening up more 450 factory slots and the 250 class should be the class consisting of the MCR Honda's and the bigger name tier 2 teams...etc. Yosh/Autotrader should have every slot on that team dedicated towards 450 and somebody else should be handling the 250 class. Thats how they always did it before and how they did it their championship years. The same way Monster Energy Kawi is the 450 team and PC is the 250, then you have HRC for factory Honda and Geico for the 250 class. The "Premier" class in US motocross should consist of the "premier" riders and teams. Theres so much freaking talent within and coming into the 250 class that even with bumping a few of these guys up, the 250 class will still be absolutely stacked. Now imagine the level of competition in the premier (450) class if this was what the class looked like....

This should be the 450 class:
Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, Jason Anderson, Marvin Musquin, Justin Barcia, Zach Osborne, Aaron Plessinger, Blake Bagget, Cooper Webb, Jeremy Martin, Malcolm Stewart, Chad Reed, Joey Savatgy, Cole Seely, Juston Bogle, Alex Martin, Dean Wilson, Martin Davalos, Justin Hill, Christian Craig, Josh Hill, Josh Grant, Phil Nicoletti, Weston Peick.

Its not even a whollleee lot different between the Martin Brothers, Davalos, Justin Hill, Craig, and the rule change has moved Osborne, Plessinger, and Savatgy was a team call. This is the way it should be, look at that top 10. Hows that for competitive?

Now the 250 class would be: Adam Cianciarulo, Austin Forkner, Dylan Ferrandis, Rj Hampshite, Jordon Smith, Justin Cooper, Thomas Covington, Shane Macelrath, Cameron McAdoo, Chase Sexton, Garrett Marchbanks, Jimmy Decotis .... very very good. Then this leaves a bunch more spots open because theres a lot of MAJORLY fast amateurs coming up/over who need rides and the more good 250 riders we can bump up to the 450 class in turn we can get better 250 riders in the series vs certain riders sticking around in the 250 class forever.
drt410
9/29/2018 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2018 7:49pm
Doddy wrote:
I can't imagine the feeling of having to wait till someone gets hurt to get my job back......
Right.... but we all know its going to happen and hes going to have a job. I mean... him getting hurt is why it was so easy for Osborne to go right into his spot, even though Osborne got hurt too lol. If Deano had stayed healthy all year and gotten like top 5 in 450s it could have been a completely different scenario. It would have been much harder of a decision at least with Osborne being new and hurt if Deano had been healthy and a good end year result. Either way we all know someones going to get hurt and someones ride is going to open up.

Is he going to ride a twisted development bike again, for the MEC? If he's even racing it Im not sure if he is.
Brent
10/2/2018 6:53am
UpTiTe wrote:
There is your problem right there. There is no money to be made in this sport unless you are a champion, or if you happen to own a successful product or service company.

I don't know Deans financial situation, but to race a dirt bike at the highest level near the end of your career for only 35,000.00 plus some shitty bonus here and there seems like a waste of time to me.

Dean may be better off hanging up the boots and starting a business , or getting a non-racing job - the kid has been racing pro for what, 9 years now?

His window of opportunity is closing fast, and risking your life racing for $16.83 per hour is not my idea of success...
mb60
10/2/2018 7:00am
UpTiTe wrote:
maybe he would, I dont know, but he wasn't riding that Husky for free.
But he was riding a Yamaha for free at the start of 2018.
DoubleA
10/2/2018 7:01am
UpTiTe wrote:
Brent wrote:
There is your problem right there. There is no money to be made in this sport unless you are a champion, or if you happen to...
There is your problem right there. There is no money to be made in this sport unless you are a champion, or if you happen to own a successful product or service company.

I don't know Deans financial situation, but to race a dirt bike at the highest level near the end of your career for only 35,000.00 plus some shitty bonus here and there seems like a waste of time to me.

Dean may be better off hanging up the boots and starting a business , or getting a non-racing job - the kid has been racing pro for what, 9 years now?

His window of opportunity is closing fast, and risking your life racing for $16.83 per hour is not my idea of success...
Deano said last year he would ride for free so am going to think he might be having the same mentality.
Kyle_McNab
10/2/2018 7:07am
Man I wish TA would give up on friese. I lts not like he has much fans. Dean Brayton and Malcom would be a good team
flopper12
Fantasy
2247th
10/2/2018 10:49am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Man I wish TA would give up on friese. I lts not like he has much fans. Dean Brayton and Malcom would be a good team
Plus Friese is a bitch, so you are putting a fan favorite in place of the biggest d-bag in SX.
ga_pike
10/2/2018 10:49am
Dean and Bogle should team up, get a Sprinter van and hit the road together...
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
10/2/2018 10:56am
Brent wrote:
There is your problem right there. There is no money to be made in this sport unless you are a champion, or if you happen to...

Just a thought experiment: in a perfect world, what would be the right amount of guys earning a legitimate living riding moto? By legitimate, let's say $75,000 gross income on your tax return.

And should the guys on 250's be earning that much? It's definitely a weird system where guys can make more money if they choose to stay in the lower class.

I'd love to see Feld's books. I think each SX round pays out around $125,000 in purse money plus another $25k or so to the year-end points leaders. If each round of SX has 30,000 fans at $50/ticket, that's $1.5M gate revenue. I'm sure it's expensive to build those tracks, but is there really only $150k to pay the riders?

Post a reply to: Deano Out At Rockstar Husky

The Latest