Deano - No ride?

ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/22/2016 2:46pm
avidchimp wrote:
Yamaha and keeps Answer now that they have some JGR money to spend? Asking for a friend...
Answer may spend their money elsewhere, possible team deal?

Yamaha won't be adding a third rider to the factory team from what I've been told.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
10/22/2016 2:52pm
avidchimp wrote:
Yamaha and keeps Answer now that they have some JGR money to spend? Asking for a friend...
ML512 wrote:
Answer may spend their money elsewhere, possible team deal?

Yamaha won't be adding a third rider to the factory team from what I've been told.
Shit, forgot about that team thing.
Titan1
10/22/2016 3:07pm
Titan1 wrote:
You don't think 22 Motorsport's was a success? Reed couldn't come to terms with a team...so he told them to stick it, did his own thing...
You don't think 22 Motorsport's was a success? Reed couldn't come to terms with a team...so he told them to stick it, did his own thing (very successfully) and NOW has a factory ride.

What if he'd of stayed on the couch...or waited for a replacement ride....does that path lead to a factory Yamaha ride in the twilight of his career? We'll never know...but he built his brand by putting something together and racing...that larger brand certainly makes him more valuable.

Like I said...I pay thousands of dollars a yeah to participate in this sport...so I don't understand why someone that could do it for free (thought I'm sure a guy like Wilson is still getting checks from gear sponsors, etc.-and that looks like a RedBull helmet in the video...those come with a check too) wouldn't just make it happen...that mentality is so foreign to me (but so is the speed they ride, so I'm not sure why that surprises me...lol).

Anyway...I could be wrong (probably am) so I hope you read this with the same intent that I wrote it (not defensive...not argumentative...just a honest question with no malice).
ML512 wrote:
TwoTwo cost Chad a lot of money out of pocket, which most of these riders don't have since they haven't had the career he's had. It's...
TwoTwo cost Chad a lot of money out of pocket, which most of these riders don't have since they haven't had the career he's had. It's hard to label it as a success, depending on how you look at it.

The difference between us and them, is that they risk there butts to go a hell of a lot faster than 99% of us and it's what they've sacrificed all of their lives for. Doesn't make a for a desirable job when even at this point, they're spending money to go racing.
I'd say 22 Motorsport's was a success because it got Reed racing on good equipment and got him good results...obviously it wasn't profitable or he'd probably still be running it, so from a financial perspective it was a failure, I guess? Depends on how you look at it.

I think the main difference is the job vs hobby perspective...I spend my own money to go racing...the difference is that racing isn't my source of income.
Titan1
10/22/2016 3:07pm
Titan1 wrote:
Fair enough....It's your money, you've got to look at what kind of return you will get on it...Respectable. Honest question: Would a guy like Wilson-or a...
Fair enough....It's your money, you've got to look at what kind of return you will get on it...Respectable.

Honest question: Would a guy like Wilson-or a rider with similar potential with a similar size brand-be able to get paid from a gear/boot/goggle company (I though I heard someone-Matthes, or someone on his show, maybe?-mention that top guys get paid for gear, boot and goggle sponsorships above team salary and bonuses) even if he's on a privateer bike? Or do those checks go away for a guy like him if he's not on a factory team?
ML512 wrote:
The worth of the gear, helmet, goggle and boot deals go down if you're not on a top-level team... You get quite a bit less to...
The worth of the gear, helmet, goggle and boot deals go down if you're not on a top-level team... You get quite a bit less to be on your own.

Someone in Dean's case doesn't dare sign gear deals right now, in case he has to go to a team where the gear deals are a part of the team contract.
Good info! Thanks man!

The Shop

Skidaddle
10/22/2016 3:35pm
ML512 wrote:
The worth of the gear, helmet, goggle and boot deals go down if you're not on a top-level team...

How much did Roczens deals go down when he signed with RCH?

Does it go back up with HRC? Or is it all dictated in his various contract for a x # of years contract regardless?

ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/22/2016 3:41pm
Skidaddle wrote:
ML512 wrote: The worth of the gear, helmet, goggle and boot deals go down if you're not on a top-level team... How much did Roczens deals...
ML512 wrote:
The worth of the gear, helmet, goggle and boot deals go down if you're not on a top-level team...

How much did Roczens deals go down when he signed with RCH?

Does it go back up with HRC? Or is it all dictated in his various contract for a x # of years contract regardless?

Both were factory efforts, his gear deals didn't change. But he regained Red Bull as a personal paying sponsor when he left KTM, as it wasn't tied into his team contract any longer.
Insider347
10/22/2016 3:45pm
resetjet wrote:
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No...
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No, you wait for a job to open up. This is their career, they dont do it for fun anymore.
If they aren't having fun then that's when the results start going bad. Looked like Roczen had a blast over the summer, Webb, Tomac at MEC. If the enjoyment or motivation are no longer there then that's when it's time to retire or quit.
DavidR
10/22/2016 3:57pm
beamer wrote:
Stock Suzuki which absolutely dominated the 2016 nationals.
You're kidding, right?

The Suzuki that won the nationals was far from stock. It was a fully supported factory bike.
it was basically a stock rmz, some of the obvious changes are made, fact is most of these bikes now can be raced straight out of...
it was basically a stock rmz, some of the obvious changes are made, fact is most of these bikes now can be raced straight out of the factory. Unfortunetely these days factory bikes arent what they were many many years ago, If you want to see fully built works bikes you might want to see what the Japanese are racing moto with...completely different bikes from what we are using.
MC has a different opinion. You're probably right though, what'd that MC guy ever really do anyway?Unsure

rrjr
10/22/2016 4:39pm
resetjet wrote:
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No...
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No, you wait for a job to open up. This is their career, they dont do it for fun anymore.
Insider347 wrote:
If they aren't having fun then that's when the results start going bad. Looked like Roczen had a blast over the summer, Webb, Tomac at MEC...
If they aren't having fun then that's when the results start going bad. Looked like Roczen had a blast over the summer, Webb, Tomac at MEC. If the enjoyment or motivation are no longer there then that's when it's time to retire or quit.
???? Webb didn't race at the MEC so I'm not sure how much of a "blast" he had.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
10/22/2016 6:13pm
resetjet wrote:
Insider347 wrote:
If they aren't having fun then that's when the results start going bad. Looked like Roczen had a blast over the summer, Webb, Tomac at MEC...
rrjr wrote:
???? Webb didn't race at the MEC so I'm not sure how much of a "blast" he had.
You missed a comma, Bro. Do you even chest day?
gt80rider
10/22/2016 9:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
Or you buy some bikes , prove that your still worth some support. Show some motivation.
It certainly can't hurt to show the teams that heck yes, I want to race so badly I went out and bought a bike. But to me, more importantly is points. If a guy just outside a factory ride misses the first two rounds before being called up as a fill-in rider, they are already 50 points back in the series. A rider should be worth a hell of a lot more if they are top 10, or even top 20, in the points than if they have zero.

Post a reply to: Deano - No ride?

The Latest