Deano - No ride?

https://instagram.com/p/BL11SH3B1iu/

Says he's borrowing a bike until he signs something? Thought he was for sure going to RCH...maybe he still is but just hasn't signed a deal yet?
|
yurcho44
10/21/2016 5:28pm
Ya I think he is forsure going to RCH but probably can't say anything till the contract is signed and announced by the team
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/21/2016 5:51pm
At least he's teaching my Suzuki good habits... Laughing
davistld01
10/21/2016 6:02pm
RCH w/Wilson, Tickle & Bogle? Not bad at all. All three top-5 capable & top-10 probable.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/21/2016 6:05pm
ML512 wrote:
He borrowing a VitalMX test bike?

The Shop

10/21/2016 6:51pm
Goes from full factory KTM to stock Suzuki? Damn thats some shit luck.
beamer
10/21/2016 6:54pm
Stock Suzuki which absolutely dominated the 2016 nationals.
10/21/2016 6:56pm
beamer wrote:
SAY WHAT!! And Roger D raced a TM400 also. Grinning
Titan1
10/21/2016 7:12pm
I really don't get the pro rider mentality...they've got enough fans and a big enough name that they could get most every parts/gear company to give them free stuff...and if a factory won't give them a bike, surely almost any dealership would give them a bike or two for free (even if they had to give them back at the end of the season)...take the free bikes...take the free parts...take the free motor work...take the free suspension tuning...find some company to pay your entries and transportation....and go race! And even if it's not free...buy it all and go race.

I know local pros who do basically the same thing and pay very little for their racing program...surely a top pro could put it together IF they really wanted to race.

Look what Reed did four or five years ago because he WANTED to race...he made it happen.

Why do pro riders feel like if they they don't have a team giving them a bike, and a semi, and a suspension guy and a motor guy and all the support they can't race? It makes no sense...

It's not ideal...I get that...

Maybe they don't love the sport...maybe it is just a Job to them...and if they can't get a salary and bonuses they don't do it (I wouldn't work for free...and if it is just a job to them I wouldn't expect them to)...and maybe that is my disconnect? To me it's a hobby, and one I pay thousands and thousands of dollars a year to participate in...and to them it's a job. Who knows...

(Spoken from a non-pro, non-industry perspective...so I'm well aware that it's meaningless and probably wrong.)
10/21/2016 7:28pm
Titan1 wrote:
I really don't get the pro rider mentality...they've got enough fans and a big enough name that they could get most every parts/gear company to give...
I really don't get the pro rider mentality...they've got enough fans and a big enough name that they could get most every parts/gear company to give them free stuff...and if a factory won't give them a bike, surely almost any dealership would give them a bike or two for free (even if they had to give them back at the end of the season)...take the free bikes...take the free parts...take the free motor work...take the free suspension tuning...find some company to pay your entries and transportation....and go race! And even if it's not free...buy it all and go race.

I know local pros who do basically the same thing and pay very little for their racing program...surely a top pro could put it together IF they really wanted to race.

Look what Reed did four or five years ago because he WANTED to race...he made it happen.

Why do pro riders feel like if they they don't have a team giving them a bike, and a semi, and a suspension guy and a motor guy and all the support they can't race? It makes no sense...

Maybe they don't love the sport...maybe it is just a Job to them...and if they can't get a salary and bonuses they don't do it (I wouldn't work for free...and if it is just a job to them I wouldn't expect them to)...and maybe that is my disconnect? To me it's a hobby, and one I pay thousands and thousands of dollars a year to participate in...and to them it's a job. Who knows...

(Spoken from a non-pro, non-industry perspective...so I'm well aware that it's meaningless and probably wrong.)
Problem with your idea is that it's failed almost every time. Chad's was the best effort but he eventually had to close the doors and spent millions with nothing to show for it now.
dan586
10/21/2016 7:43pm
I would say his two two effort has something to show for it...he's still racing now. He may or may not be at this time had he not floated his own program for a bit.
Titan1
10/21/2016 9:06pm
Titan1 wrote:
I really don't get the pro rider mentality...they've got enough fans and a big enough name that they could get most every parts/gear company to give...

Problem with your idea is that it's failed almost every time. Chad's was the best effort but he eventually had to close the doors and spent...
Problem with your idea is that it's failed almost every time. Chad's was the best effort but he eventually had to close the doors and spent millions with nothing to show for it now.
You don't think 22 Motorsport's was a success? Reed couldn't come to terms with a team...so he told them to stick it, did his own thing (very successfully) and NOW has a factory ride.

What if he'd of stayed on the couch...or waited for a replacement ride....does that path lead to a factory Yamaha ride in the twilight of his career? We'll never know...but he built his brand by putting something together and racing...that larger brand certainly makes him more valuable.

Like I said...I pay thousands of dollars a yeah to participate in this sport...so I don't understand why someone that could do it for free (thought I'm sure a guy like Wilson is still getting checks from gear sponsors, etc.-and that looks like a RedBull helmet in the video...those come with a check too) wouldn't just make it happen...that mentality is so foreign to me (but so is the speed they ride, so I'm not sure why that surprises me...lol).

Anyway...I could be wrong (probably am) so I hope you read this with the same intent that I wrote it (not defensive...not argumentative...just a honest question with no malice).
Mr.Fuller87
10/21/2016 9:37pm
Titan1 wrote:

Nothing is free. Might seem that way but someone somewhere is paying for it and eventually so wi the PRO. Being a PRO isn't about free stuff.
Mr.Fuller87
10/21/2016 9:38pm
Titan1 wrote:

Nothing is free. Might seem that way but someone somewhere is paying for it and eventually so will the PRO. Being a PRO isn't about free stuff.
tek14
10/21/2016 10:18pm
ML512 wrote:
You should have Vitalmx graphic kit and couple different bikes.. would be great to see photos Stewarts, Deano, Bogle and others practicing under Vitalmx offseason team :D
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/21/2016 10:23pm
Titan1 wrote:

I've talked to a few pros about this, and they've all told me it's not worth it to them to lay out the time, money and effort to do it on their own. You may not like it, but that's what they've told me.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/21/2016 11:11pm
I'm guessing that's because the purse money isn't really there. To much risk, not enough reward for them.
Not many riders have earnt enough to cough up cash and still have a chad reed style nest egg. If I'm deano or Weimer I'm not risking my life savings either.
10/21/2016 11:44pm
Titan1 wrote:

You've seen the purse payout right? There's no money to be made unless you hit the top 5. Which is doubtful if you are on a privateer bike. Unfortunately the way the sport is structured we truly have a case of the rich get richer and the poor go home (and get a job). A lot of dreams get shattered once guys leave the amateur ranks. Would you pay to work at your job, because by definition a professional is at his job. The sport is really at a crossroads and the next intersection is coming up pretty fast.
Skidaddle
10/21/2016 11:59pm
Most Pros dont even have a truck or an air gauge.

However during Thanksgiving weekend, 100,000 regular Joes will have as good a setup as any factory dude to go play in the dunes for the holiday. Go figure.

Hell, most go with a few buggies, 3-4 bikes, quads, SXSs and a full shop in their trailers.

Most pros live in a house where you couldnt even have any of that. No motorhomes, no 40 foot 3 axle trailers, no nothing because the house sits on a postage stamp lot.
wilbur48
10/22/2016 1:01am
Titan1 wrote:

Because even if we get some stuff free at some point money is still coming out of pocket, medical. Mortgage. Truck? Gas? Tough to dump your hard earned money back in for no purse .. I'm not saying it's impossible either, but you still have to put dinner on the table...
wilbur48
10/22/2016 1:04am
With saying that I hope deano lands in a good spot
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
10/22/2016 1:05am
So you expect a rider between contracts to go out and buy a bike/SX suspension to ride for a couple weeks to 2 months? Yeah he could get a dealership to give him a bike for some exposure, but they're gonna be pissed when 3 weeks later a real ride comes around.

Dean will get a ride. Vital was nice enough to loan him an RMZ for a few weeks in his transition period from KTM to where ever be lands. Maybe next week he's on a YZ. You never know.
10/22/2016 1:52am
I think it should be possible for Pro's to get some support during off season to get 1 practice bike running true you're local dealer.
And make the agreement with them it's only for the off season, pay your bike and make a fix price upon return of that bike, Worst case scenario you'll loose 3000$. so don't ask for them to pay a bike but ask them to provide you with the parts ( clutches, tires, sprocket's, chain's, etc.etc... ) let the dealership work out a deal with the brands you like and run there graphics and logo's during the offseason.

Chances are that being a pro and selling your practice bike is going to get a little bit more money than the average joe would. So it could be that you won't loose the 3K i mentioned above
KTMShane699
10/22/2016 3:11am
beamer wrote:
You're kidding, right?

The Suzuki that won the nationals was far from stock. It was a fully supported factory bike.
resetjet
10/22/2016 6:05am
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No, you wait for a job to open up. This is their career, they dont do it for fun anymore.
WRH
10/22/2016 6:12am
beamer wrote:
SAY WHAT!! And Roger D raced a TM400 also. Grinning
Works RN370 maybe . I was there in 76.
mxb2
10/22/2016 6:21am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2016 9:11am
resetjet wrote:
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No...
lets see, you lose your job. You then go work for free in order to hope that someone will notice and give you a job.. No, you wait for a job to open up. This is their career, they dont do it for fun anymore.
Or you buy some bikes , prove that your still worth some support. Show some motivation.

Post a reply to: Deano - No ride?

The Latest