Deano Go-Pro

Crush
Edited Date/Time 3/26/2019 6:41am
|

The Shop

Crush
3/24/2019 10:53pm
Looks like Savatgy likely passed Deano under the flag too.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/25/2019 1:37am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 1:38am
Roczen was hauling on that first lap.

If they wouldn't have built those last few whoops bigger than the rest, the skimmers wouldn't have slowed to a snail's pace at the end. I so wanted to see Roczen, Wilson, Tomac blow by the jumpers but they couldn't get through those last few with speed consistently. Man that was frustrating to watch.

Thanks for the post!
3/25/2019 2:12am
Looks like Webb was basing and jumping through the Red Cross section.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/25/2019 2:25am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 2:27am
Bnagazina wrote:
Yeah at about 1:38, Osborne rolls the whole thing while Savatgy doubles the last few and passes him. Webb only singled 3 jumps. Made a bunch of time and looks to pass Osborne in the next corner. Tough to know what to do as a rider or official.
Crush
3/25/2019 2:32am
Roczen was hauling on that first lap. If they wouldn't have built those last few whoops bigger than the rest, the skimmers wouldn't have slowed to...

If they wouldn't have built those last few whoops bigger than the rest, the skimmers wouldn't have slowed to a snail's pace at the end. I so wanted to see Roczen, Wilson, Tomac blow by the jumpers but they couldn't get through those last few with speed consistently. Man that was frustrating to watch.

Thanks for the post!
Was just thinking today watching it that if they made the last whoop like the first then we'd have seen a shit load of passes.
slumpstone
3/25/2019 5:29am
Bnagazina wrote:
Yeah at about 1:38, Osborne rolls the whole thing while Savatgy doubles the last few and passes him. Webb only singled 3 jumps. Made a bunch...
Yeah at about 1:38, Osborne rolls the whole thing while Savatgy doubles the last few and passes him. Webb only singled 3 jumps. Made a bunch of time and looks to pass Osborne in the next corner. Tough to know what to do as a rider or official.
I think you guys need to READ THE RULE and understand it before you make judgement.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/25/2019 6:13am
slumpstone wrote:
I think you guys need to READ THE RULE and understand it before you make judgement.
I meant that the riders themselves were doing different things.
level
3/25/2019 6:49am
They make it look so easy.
Johnny Depp
3/25/2019 6:51am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 7:32am
Bnagazina wrote:
Yeah at about 1:38, Osborne rolls the whole thing while Savatgy doubles the last few and passes him. Webb only singled 3 jumps. Made a bunch...
slumpstone wrote:
Perhaps you should explain your viewpoint? I TYPED the rule in this thread:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/There-was-a-Kawasaki-jum…

Edit, The video CLEARLY shows Webb clearing a double at 1;42 with Brayton being attended to on the side of the track, and a tuff block still in the track for protection. He is NOT clear of the incident.
Crush
3/25/2019 6:56am
Bnagazina wrote:
slumpstone wrote:
Full disclosure I haven't read it but I believe it's you gotta clear the section right? Well Savatgy passes him before Deano is out of the section. Webb at least gives him the courtesy of being pretty cunty immediately after.
Johnny Depp
3/25/2019 7:20am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 7:20am
6. Riders must exercise extreme caution and not race or accelerate in an unsafe manner until they are clear of the incident.

This would mean anyone launching from the jump face where the accident is. It appears several did get away with it, and Marvin got singled out. Equal punishment under the rules is due here.
Hammer 663s
3/25/2019 7:24am
AMA should be handing out some penalties based on this video alone. Can't play favourites with anyone. Savatgy for sure should be docked points. IMHO worse than the infraction in the 250 LCQ.

Hammer 663s
Gandorlf
3/25/2019 7:28am
Can clearly see Webb rolling the first couple then jumping the rest. But like Weege said, when it's your year... It's just your year
Johnny Depp
3/25/2019 7:33am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 8:30am
The video CLEARLY shows Webb clearing a double with the Red Cross flag waving at 1:42 with Brayton being attended to on the side of the track, and a tuff block still in the track for protection. He is NOT clear of the incident. Savatgy and Anderson did the same. Lap 3.
3/25/2019 7:58am
Roczen was hauling on that first lap. If they wouldn't have built those last few whoops bigger than the rest, the skimmers wouldn't have slowed to...

Thanks for the post!
Crush wrote:
Was just thinking today watching it that if they made the last whoop like the first then we'd have seen a shit load of passes.
Why do you think that? If they had made the whoops easier then more people would skim them.
Crush
3/25/2019 8:00am

Thanks for the post!
Crush wrote:
Why do you think that? If they had made the whoops easier then more people would skim them.
That last whoop shot you up a bit. Quite a few times Deano would have had a pass just eeeked out if it didn’t pop you up.
3/25/2019 8:08am
Crush wrote:
Crush wrote:
That last whoop shot you up a bit. Quite a few times Deano would have had a pass just eeeked out if it didn’t pop you...
That last whoop shot you up a bit. Quite a few times Deano would have had a pass just eeeked out if it didn’t pop you up.
And if the last whoop didn't shoot you up then more riders would have skimmed them.
Question
3/25/2019 8:43am
Looks to me like the red cross flag was pretty obvious Whistling
You should know that red flags are mainly for when the medics can't work and evacuate the rider safely. In this case, if Brayton would have been on the other side of the track, then maybe a red flag would have probably been put. Here there was absolutely no reason to put one.
Johnny Depp
3/25/2019 8:48am
Question wrote:
You should know that red flags are mainly for when the medics can't work and evacuate the rider safely. In this case, if Brayton would have...
You should know that red flags are mainly for when the medics can't work and evacuate the rider safely. In this case, if Brayton would have been on the other side of the track, then maybe a red flag would have probably been put. Here there was absolutely no reason to put one.
That may be true on lap 3, not lap 2. That doesn't change the fact that they displayed the Red Cross on lap 3.
Question
3/25/2019 8:53am
After rewatching a few times the video, in my opinion it is "ok", it looks like at the limits of the rules, but still "ok". Savatgy clears a double after the incident, and Webb passes him inside in the corner. Not super clean from both, but still "ok".
Johnny Depp
3/25/2019 9:42am
Question wrote:
After rewatching a few times the video, in my opinion it is "ok", it looks like at the limits of the rules, but still "ok". Savatgy...
After rewatching a few times the video, in my opinion it is "ok", it looks like at the limits of the rules, but still "ok". Savatgy clears a double after the incident, and Webb passes him inside in the corner. Not super clean from both, but still "ok".
Perhaps on lap 2, look at lap 3.
jeasley
3/25/2019 10:18am
This seems like too simple of a solution, so I'm probably missing something, but why isn't there a green flag or something like that to let the riders know when they are "clear of the incident"? In this case, Wilson paid the price for being overly cautious. If there had been a way for him to know without a doubt when he could double again, I don't believe he would have gotten passed.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
3/25/2019 10:58am
Question wrote:
You should know that red flags are mainly for when the medics can't work and evacuate the rider safely. In this case, if Brayton would have...
I just meant it was clearly visible for Marvin to see it and take the necessary precautions to avoid a penalty.
slumpstone
3/25/2019 11:58am
AMA should be handing out some penalties based on this video alone. Can't play favourites with anyone. Savatgy for sure should be docked points. IMHO worse...
AMA should be handing out some penalties based on this video alone. Can't play favourites with anyone. Savatgy for sure should be docked points. IMHO worse than the infraction in the 250 LCQ.

Hammer 663s
Well obviously he did nothing wrong or they would’ve penalized him.

Post a reply to: Deano Go-Pro

The Latest