Dean Wilson out with knee injury

Premix
1/23/2015 2:13pm
I'll be honest dean seems to be a bit of a mental midget from what I've seen. Injuries are part of the gig(as he has already experienced). Dean was having a rough patch to start the season, hope he can recoup for the outdoors.
1/23/2015 2:43pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/23/77823/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Quality last 2 posts in this thread by you. Bravo.
Ing
1/23/2015 3:11pm
DW is still a youngster with plenty of talent. He will rebound.

The Shop

1/23/2015 3:30pm
Some if these poor guys seem like they're made out of glass. The same people seem to get injured every year. Hope he heals up quick!
burnside
1/23/2015 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 3:38pm
Ramrod wrote:
Let's count the setbacks for Dean since winning a 250 outdoor title: - separated shoulder from battle with Eli - crash to his shoulder on his...
Let's count the setbacks for Dean since winning a 250 outdoor title:

- separated shoulder from battle with Eli
- crash to his shoulder on his own in 250SX
- his kx450 locked up practicing for outdoors a few years ago and injured him
- his 250F last year spit him down a hill at glen helen and injured him
- now a knee injury

Yikes!

I would love to see him come back strong after all this, will make a great story.
And just think, coming back from each and everyone of these must have taken its toll mentally.

For each one he must have been thinking "I'll come back stronger, this is just a setback" etc.

To be slammed with that back mental setback for 3/4 years in a row at such a young age and under so much pressure, must feel like an eternity of bad luck.

How the hell is he supposed to build confidence?

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/23/2015 4:53pm
Some if these poor guys seem like they're made out of glass. The same people seem to get injured every year. Hope he heals up quick!
Anybody know if Dean, or Mike Alessi, are knee brace users and what kind?

Not to start another debate on neck brace effectiveness.
wow123
1/23/2015 5:16pm
newmann wrote:
Always liked his sense of humor since he has been here. Talented and funny. Bummer to see the down side of this sport suck the spirit...
Always liked his sense of humor since he has been here. Talented and funny. Bummer to see the down side of this sport suck the spirit out of guys like him.

In this day and age though, he could realistically be on the line for the outdoors couldn't he? I was back on the bike in six months with mediocre healthcare and rehab 20 years ago. Seems like things could have advanced enough to get it down to 4-5 months now??? Maybe?
but we're talking about a pro athlete fitness level,
that last few % that is very hard to get back to,
its an exponential curve, easy to go from 50% to 70%, much much harder to go from 95% to 100%

i think thats whats bugging him, might be able to be on the track in 5 months but then another x months of stupid hard slog just to get back to where he was last race.
wow123
1/23/2015 5:28pm
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from...
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from much more at way older ages.

Also where is he going to get this "normal" job? It's tough out there in the streets. There's dudes with MBA's sitting the couch.
STFU moron The lads obviously devastated and he has said he was thinking while looking as he's had a lot of bad luck, of course he's...
STFU moron

The lads obviously devastated and he has said he was thinking while looking as he's had a lot of bad luck, of course he's not serious about getting a real job, have you ever seriously hurt yourself and had your dreams removed ? He's just displaying emotion, get back in your box

wheres the like button?

oh yeah they use air cooled drum brake forum software here.
1/23/2015 8:09pm
this site is way better off without a like button, this isn't Facebook, all that does (along with upvotes and downvotes in reddit) is form a mob mentality and echo chamber among the users. People end up posting stuff just to get a 'like' rather than what they honestly believe. It's a flawed system.
1/23/2015 8:17pm
^^^^^I like this.

Heal up, Deano! You got lots of fans out here that believe in you.
TanHner36
1/23/2015 11:00pm
Shitty to hear. When Deano is on he's on but when he's off he's way off. It's too bad he can't have the same confidence on the bike as he does off.
andyman
1/24/2015 12:59am
Stay strong Deano! Good days are coming!

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson out with knee injury

The Latest