Dean Wilson out with knee injury

ratonmacias
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2015 5:07pm
Even thinking about retiring.
|
newmann
1/23/2015 7:36am
He's been riding for Mitch, how could he retire?

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/23/2015 7:44am
Injuries are piling up already.

Get well soon Dean!
newmann
1/23/2015 7:46am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 7:49am
Always liked his sense of humor since he has been here. Talented and funny. Bummer to see the down side of this sport suck the spirit out of guys like him.

In this day and age though, he could realistically be on the line for the outdoors couldn't he? I was back on the bike in six months with mediocre healthcare and rehab 20 years ago. Seems like things could have advanced enough to get it down to 4-5 months now??? Maybe?
mccread
1/23/2015 7:52am
That's four guys out already. Gutted for Dean, seemed to be getting to grips with his arm pump issues too at A2. He's had a tough few years, hopefully he can come back and be a contender again, in AMA or even a change of scenery and do GPs, he is a better outdoor rider anyway and sx is very risky.
1/23/2015 7:57am
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from much more at way older ages.

Also where is he going to get this "normal" job? It's tough out there in the streets. There's dudes with MBA's sitting the couch.
Sandberm
1/23/2015 7:58am
Geez...And he just got signed up with a new training program with some Redbull help...best finish of the year at A2. ..

As usual when injuries happen to our favorite riders I offer up this advice, DO NOT RETURN UNTIL YOU ARE 100% HEALED.

Thanks.
Sandberm
1/23/2015 8:00am
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from...
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from much more at way older ages.

Also where is he going to get this "normal" job? It's tough out there in the streets. There's dudes with MBA's sitting the couch.
He could be an extra in any Liam Neeson films?

He could go all DV and become a Vitard. I think he would fit in well here actually. Sense of humor, gets a little emotional at times. Cool
stewie94
1/23/2015 8:01am
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! SadSadSad
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
1/23/2015 8:02am
That's terrible news, the poor guy can't stay injury free and build any kind of momentum.

mom241
1/23/2015 8:03am
Bummed for the dude, but I think he's being a little dramatic. Just like Newman just said (4-5 months he's back). Riders have come back from...

I don't think he's being dramatic. You guys have no idea how demoralizing and painful that injury after injury can be. But I do think he'll be back.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
1/23/2015 8:04am
mccread wrote:
That's four guys out already. Gutted for Dean, seemed to be getting to grips with his arm pump issues too at A2. He's had a tough...
That's four guys out already. Gutted for Dean, seemed to be getting to grips with his arm pump issues too at A2. He's had a tough few years, hopefully he can come back and be a contender again, in AMA or even a change of scenery and do GPs, he is a better outdoor rider anyway and sx is very risky.
At least Brayton and Peick don't have season ending injuries.
JM485
1/23/2015 8:13am
Damn it this sucks!!!! I hate to see injuries pile up on a guy like that, hopefully he can heal up 100% and make a strong push later this year.
jamma10
1/23/2015 8:25am
Must be unbelievably tough to try and come to terms with.

Get better soon Deano.
Trav138
1/23/2015 8:28am

Ya like he has made no connections in his life. Seems to me Former national champions don't struggle to find real jobs, especially in the industry. But try again retard
newmann
1/23/2015 8:30am

mom241 wrote:
I don't think he's being dramatic. You guys have no idea how demoralizing and painful that injury after injury can be. But I do think he'll...
I don't think he's being dramatic. You guys have no idea how demoralizing and painful that injury after injury can be. But I do think he'll be back.
Oh, I know. Even at my "never was fast to begin with" pace I remember parking all my stuff and getting a car project to keep my mind off of bikes. First time back on a bike was about six months later and I won 6 out of 8 motos that weekend! That car project???? Well, young son who hadn't been born yet decided he wanted to finish it to a point that he could drive it before heading off to boot camp.Smile

I suspect a few months off the bike and Deano will be foaming at the mouth to get back on it.

jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
1/23/2015 8:33am

Trav138 wrote:
Ya like he has made no connections in his life. Seems to me Former national champions don't struggle to find real jobs, especially in the industry...
Ya like he has made no connections in his life. Seems to me Former national champions don't struggle to find real jobs, especially in the industry. But try again retard
I would agree but I would also not call a job in the industry a great career with big earning potential. But that is just me.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
1/23/2015 8:35am
newmann wrote:
Always liked his sense of humor since he has been here. Talented and funny. Bummer to see the down side of this sport suck the spirit...
Always liked his sense of humor since he has been here. Talented and funny. Bummer to see the down side of this sport suck the spirit out of guys like him.

In this day and age though, he could realistically be on the line for the outdoors couldn't he? I was back on the bike in six months with mediocre healthcare and rehab 20 years ago. Seems like things could have advanced enough to get it down to 4-5 months now??? Maybe?
He could be riding by 4-5 months (I rode at 6 months with just an ACL), but the replaced ligaments are not fully healed yet and in place securely till close to a year. He could try to come back early but that would put him in jeopardy of hurting it again.

It really does suck to hear for Deano. I think he's a better outdoor rider and maybe something like the GP's could be in his future.
Trav138
1/23/2015 8:41am

Trav138 wrote:
Ya like he has made no connections in his life. Seems to me Former national champions don't struggle to find real jobs, especially in the industry...
jhansen510 wrote:
I would agree but I would also not call a job in the industry a great career with big earning potential. But that is just me.
Ya most jobs. Kinda depends on what it is. He is young enough to do whatever he wants, and has a much better start than most. he has accomplished a lot so far and should't sell him short because the job market sucks so to speak. Hope he heals up quick and whatever he decides i wish him well
1/23/2015 8:44am
Trav138 wrote:
Wasn't trying to be a dick at all, just saying the real world ain't all that cool (work wise)
Thanks for calling me a retard though.
Olson
1/23/2015 8:47am
Booh! That sucks!!!! The kid needs a break!
jmx411
1/23/2015 8:51am
Sucks, and I was just telling someone about the video on Instagram he posted on Wednesday of him training in short shorts. Great video if you haven't seen it.
mccread
1/23/2015 9:01am
The start of the season must be mentally hard too, you do all that work for months with a new team who put their faith in you and then it's over, add in being injured season after season and it has to be tough to not get very down initially, Hopefully Dean can get the injury fixed without any complications and stay injury free to get some momentum, he's trying to do things right and deserves some luck.

Injuries are the worst part about this sport

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson out with knee injury

The Latest