Dean Wilson has risen the bar-

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2018 12:23 PM

Deano seems to have a really good and humble personality. Good guy

|

6/29/2018 12:28 PM

That was awesome. I've always been a huge fan of his but even moreso now.

|

6/29/2018 12:32 PM

Hopefully Dean can keep a spot on a top tier team.

|

6/29/2018 12:34 PM

That was frigging awesome!!!!
|

6/29/2018 12:36 PM

Deanooooo, fuckya

|

6/29/2018 12:47 PM

Right on Deano! Been a big fan since the early pro circuit days and I've been stoked on his career resurrection at husky on the 450. I really hope he can stay healthy and Husky resigns him. If not then I hope another team picks him up.

|

6/29/2018 12:54 PM

yz133rider wrote:

First off thats the coolest thing ive seen from a rider maybe ever. Very awesome of Dean to do that.

My only nitpick and ...more

peelout wrote: But did you see their house, camper, truck etc? Was a new bike really going to be a stretch for them? Sounds like it was but ...more

Right on Peelout .. as if Dean goes around and checks houses out. He friken went off lookin for a little kid struggling with an older bike, but doing their best...was this that the same bloke who put a Nasty comment on deans Instagram... Deano swiftly shut that down...
Fantastic job from Dean loved the video. Man a wanna see him get some wins. .. people's champ.

|

6/29/2018 12:58 PM

Way to go Deano, that was awesome! What pro is going to pull the trigger next? Cheers

|

6/29/2018 1:10 PM

yz133rider wrote:

First off thats the coolest thing ive seen from a rider maybe ever. Very awesome of Dean to do that.

peelout wrote: But did you see their house, camper, truck etc? Was a new bike really going to be a stretch for them? Sounds like it was but ...more

Nailed it you skank. Some or most don't use the magical brain.

|

6/29/2018 1:13 PM

Does anyone know if dean on husky next year? I know it’s probably unlikely with Osborne moving up but Daniel and him seem like a good team

|

6/29/2018 1:27 PM

This changed my attitude towards Deano. The young man has a heart bigger than most...and surely bigger than most his age. Classiest thing I've seen in years.

Ok...that does it, damnit!!! I'm officially a Dean Wilson fanboy.

|

6/29/2018 1:38 PM

Brought some tears to my eye watching this.

This is the type of thing that makes the moto community so great and really hope more follow in the footsteps of Malcolm and Deano and some others who have done similar acts of kindness not posted on social media. Doesn't have to be brand new bikes, but just reaching out to the kids riding at the track emulating their favorite riders and to have them show up and give those kids any kind of attention is awesome. Made my Friday for sure!

|

6/29/2018 1:50 PM

Well that's it. Apart from one guy on here trying to bring it down a tiny bit by saying "the house was too nice" everyone else in this thread universally agrees that Dean is a good dude for making the effort to get the gear, and then putting in the time and finding a worthy kid. Full props Deano, not only have you done a great bit of charitable work here, but it actually led to a Vital thread that is 99% positive. That in itself is noteworthy and you can also feel proud to have united a dysfunctional community laughing

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/29/2018 2:06 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Looked to me like Dean hooked up a kid and a single mom living at her parents house dude.......

|

6/29/2018 2:24 PM

Awesome job Dean!!

|

6/29/2018 2:25 PM

Cheers to deano! Well done

|

6/29/2018 2:41 PM

Totally Awesome....hope this inspires more generosity in the industry

|

twist wrist and go...

brad@palmspringsmotorsports.com

6/29/2018 2:58 PM

Too cool! Great on Deano and everyone involved. Already a fan, but here's hoping 2019 goes better than excellent for this young man

|

6/29/2018 3:24 PM

Dean, I’ve always liked you. I seriously want to go buy a Husky now just because of this video. And the white has grown on me now. lol

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/29/2018 3:37 PM

What more can be said? Deano is wise beyond his years. Of course he's completely crazy...but it's that really good kinda crazy that the world needs much more of. Always been a fan...but now I'm a SUPER fan. Heal up and get back out there you wild man.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/29/2018 4:15 PM

top notch!!!! I may or may not have been misty eyed at work earlier today.. haha

always been a fan.. hopefully this kind of karma will be rewarded during his upcoming seasons!

|

6/29/2018 4:17 PM

character!!

Photo

|

6/29/2018 4:21 PM

That was hard to watch as I had something in my eyes and they were watering.smile

|

6/29/2018 4:31 PM

yz133rider wrote:

I see Peeler covered this nicely.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/29/2018 4:36 PM

Top Shelf guy, that was pretty generous and ultra cool.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

6/29/2018 4:49 PM

Love seeing stuff like this!

|

6/29/2018 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2018 5:05 PM

yz133rider wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

No need to rip the guy apart. Honestly, that was my initial reaction as well but wasn't going to comment on it since I caught it on the second watch.

A seemingly nice house in Cali is not cheap, so it's not a surprise that he'd have that thought. I remember riding 4 people deep on a bench seat in my dad's 1988 pickup truck with 3 bikes lodged in the back to make it to races every weekend. Two of us would share a seatbelt and the other would get the lap belt. Everyone sees struggles differently.

I'm not saying they're not deserving or anything, for the record. I think Deano picked a great kid and really anyone would be lucky enough to receive such a generous gift.

|

6/29/2018 5:27 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

No need to rip the guy apart. Honestly, that was my initial reaction as well but wasn't going to comment on it since I caught ...more

I think the point is that this little dude has been thru a rough patch and his mom is doin’ her best...
He’s out there on a old PW & hanging it out like a Boss...
His mom made a VERY heart-felt comment about what racing has meant to Luke...

The point made is correct: watch the video & LISTEN.

Deano CRUSHED it and he found the perfect little dude to help.

Some threads just don’t need ANY negativity...

That’s all.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/29/2018 5:29 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

couldnt have chose a better kid to win the bike! I’ve watched luke at our series and his bike was very old and had problems ...more

I've always been a Deano fan, but this just bumped him up to damn near sainthood in my book. And it's damn good to hear that Luke is a good kid, too. Thanks for posting this Jeff.

|

6/29/2018 5:46 PM

Class act for sure!

|

Indecision is a choice