Dean Wilson at REM today made some kids day!

mxjef
So Dean raced the Pro class and also got some extra seat time racing with the over 50 Int., 50 Experts and 50 Elites today. I raced the 50 Int. on the second gate and Dean was lined up with the 50 Elites and Experts on the first gate.

First off I gotta say it was pretty humbling to get lapped twice in one race!..haha

But the point of my post was in the second moto Dean came to the line pretty late and grabbed the far outside spot a few over from me. The cement start in front of him was full of dirt and he got the attention of some kid with a broom (probably around 10 years old) to sweep his spot for him, the kid kinda froze and looked starstruck! When the kid came over to sweep it Dean told him "if you do a good job, I'll give you some goggles after the race".
After the race I told someone what happened and they replied "oh, that explains the kid I just saw holding some goggles that looked like he just had the best day of his life".

Thought that was a really cool thing for Dean Wilson to do!!...
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/25/2016 7:57pm
That's awesome! Deano was always a cool kid when he rode 80's and when he rode intermediate at CMC races.
Crush
6/25/2016 8:07pm
Deano is cool, full stop!
PFitzG38
6/27/2016 4:30pm
That was WAY cool. I know what you mean about being lapped twice. I can't even remember the last time that happened. Did you notice how foul his race gas smelled as he went by? Don't think I've ever smelled that particular blend.

The Shop

MXD
6/27/2016 5:00pm
philG wrote:
Sandbagger
crusty_xx wrote:
clueless
I'm not sure who is clueless. I took his post as sarcasm and a joke.
jason486
Fantasy
1542nd
6/27/2016 6:50pm
I met dean at the red bull rhythm the 1st year they had it, he had just come into the pit from his run and walked over to my two boys and gave them hi fives super cool dude
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/27/2016 6:53pm
mxjef wrote:
So Dean raced the Pro class and also got some extra seat time racing with the over 50 Int., 50 Experts and 50 Elites today. I...
So Dean raced the Pro class and also got some extra seat time racing with the over 50 Int., 50 Experts and 50 Elites today. I raced the 50 Int. on the second gate and Dean was lined up with the 50 Elites and Experts on the first gate.

First off I gotta say it was pretty humbling to get lapped twice in one race!..haha

But the point of my post was in the second moto Dean came to the line pretty late and grabbed the far outside spot a few over from me. The cement start in front of him was full of dirt and he got the attention of some kid with a broom (probably around 10 years old) to sweep his spot for him, the kid kinda froze and looked starstruck! When the kid came over to sweep it Dean told him "if you do a good job, I'll give you some goggles after the race".
After the race I told someone what happened and they replied "oh, that explains the kid I just saw holding some goggles that looked like he just had the best day of his life".

Thought that was a really cool thing for Dean Wilson to do!!...
Talked to him Thursday, he said Millville
6/27/2016 6:57pm
If I was known to shred lettuce on a dirtbike, i'd totally enjoy brightening up a fan's day like this.

I'll say that all of the pro's and industry guys that i've had the privilege of meeting at the track have all been super chill and cool people, and it just makes you respect them that much more.

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson at REM today made some kids day!

The Latest