Dean Wilson... a little more info.

pamoto
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:34pm

Dean Wilson Out of Dallas, Stuck at U.S. Border

Mar 20 2010 12:28PM
Comment ShareThis Email Print
Racer X's Steve Cox is reporting that coming back from Canada following the Toronto Supercross, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki's Dean Wilson ran into some immigration problems. Supposedly, he waited till the end of December to sign his contract with Pro Circuit, and because he wasn't 18 and couldn't sign it legally, and he couldn't sort his paperwork out till after that. Apparently, they thought everything was done because his agent, Tony Gardea, had lawyers working on everything, so they thought everything was legit. But, as it turns out, something wasn't filed properly, so when he went to leave the country again they wouldn't let him out. As a matter of fact, the whole Wilson family is stuck back there, not just him. He's been working on it all week, and Friday morning they finally got it all done and they submitted it to the Canadian officials, and at 5:00 p.m. Friday they still hadn't had a chance to look at it yet, so they said, “Sorry, we'll look at it Monday.”

Wilson, who finished fourth in Canada and held third in the East Region rankings behind his teammate Christophe Pourcel and Rockstar Suzuki's Austin Stroupe, will probably be back on Monday or Tuesday of next week, but as for tonight’s Dallas Supercross, he's definitely not making the race.

Somebody dropped the ball and should be fired. Lawyer or Agent?
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/20/2010 1:34pm
The line starts here to volunteer to fall on the sword.
Masonry
3/20/2010 1:36pm
GuyB wrote:
The line starts here to volunteer to fall on the sword.
It is pretty unacceptable. I would say that someone in his party is going to have to take the fall.
RACEGUY
3/20/2010 1:48pm
Tony says "so sorry kid. I've fired these idiot lawyers. It won't happen again."

That's the end.

The litigeous US model would have Tony suing the legal team on behalf of Dean and the foundation for the "legal action" would be the loss of income Dean "potentially" suffered due to his inability to "work - perform - compete -"

It's not about the money, though. This is out of anyone's control and it's crushing a pretty even-tempered kid.

Just shake it off, Dean. It's now "water under the bridge".

Dean Wilson ROCKS! Tony Gardea, not so much.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
3/20/2010 1:51pm
just yet another reason why having a round in Canada is retarded.

The Shop

jmar
3/20/2010 1:52pm
RACEGUY wrote:
Tony says "so sorry kid. I've fired these idiot lawyers. It won't happen again." That's the end. The litigeous US model would have Tony suing the...
Tony says "so sorry kid. I've fired these idiot lawyers. It won't happen again."

That's the end.

The litigeous US model would have Tony suing the legal team on behalf of Dean and the foundation for the "legal action" would be the loss of income Dean "potentially" suffered due to his inability to "work - perform - compete -"

It's not about the money, though. This is out of anyone's control and it's crushing a pretty even-tempered kid.

Just shake it off, Dean. It's now "water under the bridge".

Dean Wilson ROCKS! Tony Gardea, not so much.
How about placing blame on the immigration process.

flarider
3/20/2010 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2010 2:11pm
jmar wrote:

Jim, has it changed in the last couple months?

Are there new laws?

I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but people hire people to get things done, and done before it becomes a problem.

This became a problem, and as far as I can tell, with rules and laws that have not changed in the last few months.

Someone dropped the ball, and because of that, put a rider in a bad position with his job, his title contention and I am sure he has a bonus package contingent upon his series overall finish.

This kid could have very well lost tens of thousands of dollars in this fiasco, and to blame existant and unchanged (that I am aware of) immigration laws doesn't seem the proper place to direct blame
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
3/20/2010 2:09pm
I blame that guy from Engine Ice!!!
flarider
3/20/2010 2:10pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Yeah, that bastard!

Hate that fucker

Ing
3/20/2010 2:11pm
Jarid332 wrote:
X 2. For EVERYTHING.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
3/20/2010 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2010 2:15pm
Im sure a mexican would've got him across.
3/20/2010 2:17pm
hartebreak wrote:
ya because having a world supercross champion makes sense when every race is in the US !!!!
DanDunes818
3/20/2010 2:21pm
hartebreak wrote:
ya because having a world supercross champion makes sense when every race is in the US !!!!
So you're saying having one race over the boarder on the same continent makes it a world championship?
ocscottie
3/20/2010 2:21pm
Jarid332 wrote:
You got it all wrong, its the bears fault!
MIKEY755
3/20/2010 2:29pm
hartebreak wrote:
I personally find you to be "retarded"..... WTF does the actual race have to do with DW not being allowed back into the USA? please explain that to me, I would really like to know.

You can blame who ever was supposed to take care of all the paper work.

aminkman
3/20/2010 2:31pm
hartebreak wrote:
Yea, makes as much sense as a World Championship that doesn't come to the U.S.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
3/20/2010 2:32pm
my rationale was that if he never had to go back to Canada last week for a race he wouldnt have been stuck there this week. I mean, the race isnt to blame but this incident is just one of many regarding the race in Canada.
MIKEY755
3/20/2010 2:33pm
Jarid332 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Bears can smell the menstruation. You hear that, scottie? Now you're putting the whole forum in jeopardy.
ocscottie
3/20/2010 2:36pm
Jarid332 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
MIKEY755 wrote:
Bears can smell the menstruation. You hear that, scottie? Now you're putting the whole forum in jeopardy.
well there is definatly a whole lot of pussy around here. Dizzy
jmar
3/20/2010 3:07pm
jmar wrote:

flarider wrote:
Jim, has it changed in the last couple months?Are there new laws?I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but people hire people...

Are there new laws?

I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but people hire people to get things done, and done before it becomes a problem.

This became a problem, and as far as I can tell, with rules and laws that have not changed in the last few months.

Someone dropped the ball, and because of that, put a rider in a bad position with his job, his title contention and I am sure he has a bonus package contingent upon his series overall finish.

This kid could have very well lost tens of thousands of dollars in this fiasco, and to blame existant and unchanged (that I am aware of) immigration laws doesn't seem the proper place to direct blame
Whether it's Canadian or American immigration policies, both have had a week to figure out of Dean and his family are a threat to the national security of either Canada or the United States.

How about a little common sense.
Motodave
3/20/2010 3:07pm
They didnt let him in because he isnt mexican!
pb465
3/20/2010 3:09pm
jmar wrote:
Whether it's Canadian or American immigration policies, both have had a week to figure out of Dean and his family are a threat to the national...
Whether it's Canadian or American immigration policies, both have had a week to figure out of Dean and his family are a threat to the national security of either Canada or the United States.

How about a little common sense.
Yes, they look like terrorists to me!
RACEGUY
3/20/2010 3:17pm
The "wheels" of bureaucracy are SQUARE.

Let's make the Canadian border air-tight so nobody notices the porosity of the Mexican disaster.

Gettin' it done.
Hoov
3/20/2010 3:19pm
jmar wrote:

flarider wrote:
Jim, has it changed in the last couple months?Are there new laws?I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but people hire people...

Are there new laws?

jmar, I agree government redtape is BS!, but I agree with Dave on this one...the system has been in place, no changes...this was someones job to take care of and the ball got dropped costing Dean dearly...someones head should roll....
ns503
3/20/2010 3:22pm
+1 on rolling heads.

Someone had a job to get done and didn't do it. Apparently with 3 months to do it in.

You're fired!

Motodave
3/20/2010 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:32pm
flarider wrote:

Are there new laws?

Dave we have to blame the immigration laws! They messed up the fans viewing of a title chase and they still allow the mexicans to come in with nothing, Just seems a lil dirty that he cant come in legally and hes a professional but 5000 mexicans can come in illegally every damn day..I know technically red tape and stuff that people didnt handle but still,If kobe bryant didnt have papers they would let his arse in in a heart beat..

MotoBill51
3/20/2010 3:44pm
Nobody thought of booking a flight to Dalas via Mexico? Last time I checked Texas was fairly close to the boarder - and there seems to be not a lot of difficulty with people crossing from Mexico to Texas to work. Aside from the problem of being shot at by ranchers that is.
flarider
3/20/2010 3:59pm
I love the "blame the Mexicans" attitude.
Ignore the fact that someone dropped the ball, just blame the Mexicans

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson... a little more info.

The Latest