Dean Wilson's Untold Story of 2018

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2018 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2018 5:44 PM



Another cool video by Deano! I'm loving these so far. Hope he keeps at 'em.

Deans knees are his kryptonite. Much like AC’s shoulders. He’s had such a tough go, I really hope he can start stringing them together.
|

11/3/2018 6:06 PM

This is exactly why I get pissed when people talk shit throughout the season why guys aren't performing up to their standards, you really never know what's going on. What a sad state of affairs when a guy has to hide injuries like that just to try to stay employed, that's pathetic.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



11/3/2018 8:55 PM

Yes, it sure is a cruel sport. Sure hope Dean has some good fortune for a change..

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

11/3/2018 9:09 PM

Good Lord! I had to cringe a few times listening to that story.

I like his honesty. Wish he could stay healthy, the talent is there.

|

11/4/2018 1:47 AM

I’ Going to get everything Deano endorses, stamp it ??? Definition off a good dude

|

11/4/2018 7:21 AM

I remember Pastrana saying years ago that the MX community knows very little about how many riders are riding hurt, unless it’s an injury too big to hide. I’d imagine that social media/the internet have exposed more, but still. I’m guessing a good portion of the field is riding hurt partway through the season without public knowledge.

|

11/4/2018 7:44 AM

Won't be long before he gets a ride. Brutal sport whether you're living or chasing the dream.

|

11/4/2018 7:58 AM

honesty is somthing we dont get in this sport. Everyone is a freakin robot and no one tells it how it is except for a few riders, (reed, web,bowers and roczen.) I hope deano comes out swinging and gets a shot somewhere. He's got natural talent like josh grant and his style is 2nd to none. good luck deano

|

11/4/2018 9:13 AM

Most of the riders I talk to also don’t want to mention minor injuries. They don’t want people thinking they’re using it as an excuse for substandard results.

|

11/4/2018 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2018 10:05 AM

The shit these guys race through. Any of those injuries woulda had me sucking my thumb for 6 months. LET ALONE PODIUM A PRO SX. wow.

I wonder if all of them are always riding with some type of injury.....imagine they’re always sore or battling some nag.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/4/2018 11:58 AM

GuyB wrote:

Most of the riders I talk to also don’t want to mention minor injuries. They don’t want people thinking they’re using it as an excuse for substandard results.

I'd look at it the opposite way. Take Dean's thumb injury for example. I've had a similar injury and it took ages to heal and I could hardly ride my pushbike let alone my dirt bike. From the outside I could think that Dean is riding like shit, if he came out and said that he jacked his thumb I'd give him props just for being out there.

|

11/4/2018 12:07 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

The shit these guys race through. Any of those injuries woulda had me sucking my thumb for 6 months. LET ALONE PODIUM A PRO SX. wow.

I wonder if all of them are always riding with some type of injury.....imagine they’re always sore or battling some nag.

But the average guy has a regular doctor. Top dudes have access to the best doctors, treatment center. Top athletes healing,doctor info. Is way better than a regular 9-5.

|

11/4/2018 3:20 PM

Curious, did Dean wear Mobius knee braces when he had his knee injuries?

|

11/4/2018 3:56 PM

Love this guy!!

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

11/4/2018 3:56 PM

i would like to know that also ! dit Dean wear his braces ? if yes ...they are JUNK !

|

11/4/2018 6:31 PM

GuyB wrote:

Most of the riders I talk to also don’t want to mention minor injuries. They don’t want people thinking they’re using it as an excuse for substandard results.

chump6784 wrote:

I'd look at it the opposite way. Take Dean's thumb injury for example. I've had a similar injury and it took ages to heal and I could hardly ride my pushbike let alone my dirt bike. From the outside I could think that Dean is riding like shit, if he came out and said that he jacked his thumb I'd give him props just for being out there.

That's prob good for us the spectator but teams might see it as a liability..

I always figured it was so the other riders didn't see a weakness.. Like if they're pushing him late in a race they'd know that his thumb will be troubling him so they'll 'hang in' a bit longer than they normally would.

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

11/4/2018 6:56 PM

Belg wrote:

i would like to know that also ! dit Dean wear his braces ? if yes ...they are JUNK !

Dont call them junk, there is not one knee brace out there that can guarantee 100% protection.
Mobius may not be the bees knees ( see that pun ) but i am sure they are just as good as some others.
I have trashed my knees with custom CTI, Astrisk and Pods.

|

11/5/2018 8:28 AM

The amount of bad hits this guy has taken during his career is scary.

I really hope he can keep it on two wheels next season, his body needs a break.

|

11/5/2018 8:43 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Dont call them junk, there is not one knee brace out there that can guarantee 100% protection.
Mobius may not be the bees knees ( see that pun ) but i am sure they are just as good as some others.
I have trashed my knees with custom CTI, Astrisk and Pods.

Agreed.

The last time I tore my right ACl I was wearing my CTI2's. Washed the front landing an uphill double into a right turn and my lower leg got caught under the bike and my upper leg/body kept going. Stretch and pop. Not a thing a knee brace could have done for that.

|