Dean Wilson 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2016 6:18 PM

I've seen a bunch of speculation in a few threads about his ride next year. I love watching the dude ride and I'm hoping someone will give him another shot. But it looks like his KTM deals fell through, so does anyone know anything?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/11/2016 6:23 PM

Butler Bros Motorcycle Superstore Team

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/11/2016 6:25 PM

I thought he was still on KTM just not in the Red Bull camp?

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/11/2016 6:25 PM

BTO is full next year

|

8/11/2016 6:29 PM

James538 wrote:

BTO is full next year

Don't think BTO will be around, hopefully Rocky Mountain MC will have room for him.

|

8/11/2016 6:32 PM

James538 wrote:

BTO is full next year

langhammx wrote:

Don't think BTO will be around, hopefully Rocky Mountain MC will have room for him.

Rocky Mountain already announced their team. BTO will be back with Millsaps and Bagget

|

8/11/2016 6:37 PM

James538 wrote:

BTO is full next year

langhammx wrote:

I see what'cha did there.

Funny

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/11/2016 6:37 PM

James538 wrote:

BTO is full next year

langhammx wrote:

James538 wrote:

Rocky Mountain already announced their team. BTO will be back with Millsaps and Bagget

Really?

That's all?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/11/2016 7:01 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Really?

That's all?

Stop holding out bro

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/11/2016 7:08 PM

James538 wrote:

Hmmm.... Who's riding for the Rocky Mountain team ? wassat

|

8/11/2016 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2016 7:22 PM

BobPA wrote:

Stop holding out bro

The Butler Brothers team is rumored to be losing BTO as their primary sponsor and gaining Rocky Mountain.

No idea where that leaves Wilson. Like you, I'd like to see him land a solid ride.

|

8/11/2016 7:34 PM

What possible rides are left? Butler Bros on a KTM would have seemed logical.

JGR, RCH, Suzuki have anything?

Musical chairs I tells ya...

|

8/11/2016 7:36 PM

I wouldn't be shocked to see Wilson racing the Canadian nationals next year ala Millsaps this year.

|

8/11/2016 7:39 PM

Possibly factory yamaha as a 3rd rider, performance based contract.

|

8/11/2016 8:07 PM

I'd like to see the guy stay healthy, don't care who he rides for.

|

8/11/2016 8:20 PM

I put a good word in for him at Kawasaki

|

8/11/2016 8:27 PM

kevin204 wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Wilson racing the Canadian nationals next year ala Millsaps this year.

I would.

Dude pulled a Brett Hull. That bridge is burned IMO.

|

8/11/2016 9:05 PM

whammy wrote:

I would.

I don't get this?

|

8/11/2016 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2016 9:26 PM

kevin204 wrote:

whammy wrote:

I would.

Ramrod wrote:

I don't get this?

Brett Hull was a hockey player who had American/Canadian parents and was born in Canada, but when it came down to it wanted nothing to do with being a Canadian and wanted to only be known as an American when it came time to represent his country. So im assuming Dean did something similar, but have no idea.

|

8/11/2016 9:37 PM

But isn't he really a Scot?

|

8/11/2016 9:38 PM

kevin204 wrote:

whammy wrote:

I would.

That means he can't race here? He's more Canadian than Millsaps, Metcalfe, etc....

Would be a good way to get his career back on track if he had a solid, healthy season.

|

8/11/2016 9:40 PM

mxjon454 wrote:

Possibly factory yamaha as a 3rd rider, performance based contract.

Peick to Factory Yamaha as 3rd guy
Brayton to JGR (SX only)
Wilson to Factory KTM

My speculation for fun.

|

8/11/2016 10:23 PM

You would have to think if he couldn't get a US ride that he could pick up a half decent MXGP ride - Everts Suzuki etc.
The guy is too talented to disappear.

|

8/12/2016 1:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 1:07 AM

whammy wrote:

I would.

Ramrod wrote:

I don't get this?

Lunch_Box wrote:

Brett Hull was a hockey player who had American/Canadian parents and was born in Canada, but when it came down to it wanted nothing to do with being a Canadian and wanted to only be known as an American when it came time to represent his country. So im assuming Dean did something similar, but have no idea.

Wilson rode for Canada at the MXDN (can't remember which year) because he has dual nationality (Canadian/Scottish), but decided he wanted to race for the UK team the following year, which made a lot of Canadians angry.

Not sure what this has to do with Wilson's chances of landing a ride in Canada. Pretty sure no team manager would be that pissed off about it, to refuse a rider of Wilson's caliber from coming over.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

8/12/2016 6:53 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Really?

That's all?

BobPA wrote:

Stop holding out bro

SPYGUY wrote:

The Butler Brothers team is rumored to be losing BTO as their primary sponsor and gaining Rocky Mountain.

No idea where that leaves Wilson. Like you, I'd like to see him land a solid ride.

I see what you did there. wink

At first I was hearing that Deano would stay with KTM, especially since DeCoster had so many glowing words about him and his recoveries from his injuries on the RedBull vid they just released...but now, I'm reading (here and abroad) that KTM might be a three-man team when the music stops...and Wilson won't have a seat available.

Dean deserves a top-tier ride, that's for sure. I hope he lands on a team where he can grow into the caliber of rider that he should be, and can stay healthy doing it.

|

8/12/2016 6:54 AM

Deano,barcia to rch. Stamp it.

|

8/12/2016 7:21 AM

Amazing 99% of the people on here use the phrase I heard he is doing this. What they should be saying is I read on vital he will be doing this. I bet Wilson ends up on a good team with good equipment in the US.

|

8/12/2016 1:00 PM

Heard from a pretty solid source that he's got an offer to go to Honda alongside Roczen.

|

8/12/2016 1:06 PM

mattmatt300 wrote:

Heard from a pretty solid source that he's got an offer to go to Honda alongside Roczen.

Pfffffft

|

8/12/2016 1:09 PM

Figuring out which accent to roll with?

|