Dean Wilson

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:07am
So he won the B race at the mxdn, but from his times etc over the weekend... i expected alot more considering the hype thats surrouded him!
|
Bigwave
10/4/2009 3:37am
He drew bad gate picks and had to fight from pretty poor starts, as a result. He definitely turned a few heads this morning, though. Tough year for Team Canada.
Rudicross
10/4/2009 3:54am
Good race also for Russian Bobryshev. Came from last place and ended 2th with some fast laps.
10/4/2009 5:13am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2009 5:17am
Bigwave wrote:
He drew bad gate picks and had to fight from pretty poor starts, as a result. He definitely turned a few heads this morning, though. Tough...
He drew bad gate picks and had to fight from pretty poor starts, as a result. He definitely turned a few heads this morning, though. Tough year for Team Canada.
He didn't turn any heads this morning... he came first yeah, good on him! But his competitors are not world beaters! Think there was one full gp campaigner in that race who came from the back right upto 2nd and just 4 seconds behind Wilson... oh and Bobryschev finished 20th in the GP's this year! His fastest lap was also a second faster than Wilson's!

Maybe an off weekend for the guy, but nevertheless i expected far more based on the hype!
41NDT
10/4/2009 5:15am
Bigwave wrote:
He drew bad gate picks and had to fight from pretty poor starts, as a result. He definitely turned a few heads this morning, though. Tough...
cillitbang wrote:
He didn't turn any heads this morning... he came first yeah, good on him! But his competitors are not world beaters! Think there was one full...
He didn't turn any heads this morning... he came first yeah, good on him! But his competitors are not world beaters! Think there was one full gp campaigner in that race who came from the back right upto 2nd and just 4 seconds behind Wilson... oh and Bobryschev finished 20th in the GP's this year! His fastest lap was also a second faster than Wilson's!

Maybe an off weekend for the guy, but nevertheless i expected far more based on the hype!
Ohhh!!!
Checkmate!!!!

The Shop

Bigwave
10/4/2009 5:15am
Down boy! Anyone who wins anything at the MXoN by that much turns some heads.
Don't worry, Dean's fast.
10/4/2009 5:21am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:32am
I'm sure he is... but some fans here in the UK wanted him on our team over are top riders!... though that wasn't even a consideration on his part as he wanted to ride for Canada!

Some guys on this forum even stated that they thought he would win the mxdn MX2!

...Rant over... i'm down now haha!
sharkey
10/4/2009 6:41am
brutal guys , he JUST came out of the amateurs, in different country
G Force
10/4/2009 12:30pm
The kid was a bright spot on a "C" level team for Canada.

His first real pro race was a success in my eyes.

RACEGUY
10/4/2009 12:30pm
Don't worry about Wilson. He was noticed.
JB2
10/4/2009 12:57pm
Bigwave wrote:
cillitbang wrote:
He didn't turn any heads this morning... he came first yeah, good on him! But his competitors are not world beaters! Think there was one full...

You gotta be kidding me.Dean is the real deal.In qualifying he got a bad start and coming thru the pack didn't he have about the 4th fastest time?? And for the LCQ today,i'm sure he was doing just what he needed to do to win.Dean works hard and he will definitely make a big name next year
joe101uk
10/4/2009 1:08pm
Dean was great. Along with Herlings and Roczen.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
10/4/2009 1:11pm
Dean rode great.
TerryK
10/4/2009 1:11pm
cillitbang wrote:
So he won the B race at the mxdn, but from his times etc over the weekend... i expected alot more considering the hype thats surrouded...
So he won the B race at the mxdn, but from his times etc over the weekend... i expected alot more considering the hype thats surrouded him!
Nice cast btw.
Chili
10/4/2009 3:41pm
cillitbang wrote:
So he won the B race at the mxdn, but from his times etc over the weekend... i expected alot more considering the hype thats surrouded...
Still bitter about which passport he chose to race under eh?
500guy
10/4/2009 3:44pm
Give the kid a chance to prove himself.

A one off race in Italy is not a good gauge for a rookie.
10/4/2009 3:46pm
cillitbang wrote:
Chili wrote:
Still bitter about which passport he chose to race under eh?
Refer to the Qualifying race in MX2... Searle 2nd... Wilson 11th! So you can answer that question!
Ben Hargas
10/5/2009 8:11am
Considering the track conditions for your first big pro race he killed it! That track looked so rough!
Killer Customz
10/5/2009 8:28am
Wilson killed it!!! Look at his lap times and his finishes in the B main and even in the qualifing heats. You cant knock him because he was lacking any help from the Team. This race is a TEAM race and Dean-O didnt have much help in that area.

You'll see come the Mx Nationals how fast this kid is. He's right there with the speed of some top kids that just came out of the Ams, and proved themselves. Izzi, Stroupe, Wharton, Friese, Canard, Cunningham. I think that as an amatuer A rider he was faster than this whole group. The best recent A rider in their prime that could beat Dean strait up was Prolly Barcia!

Just my opinion!
10/5/2009 8:44am
This whole "Dean Wilson is going to kill it" - "Dean Wilson is the real deal, you will see"
is starting to sound an awful lot like the talk preceding another amature before he went pro -

The "Believe the hype" campaign didn't work out so good then, don't see it working out so good this time either. Don't get me wrong, it seems that not only is Wilson fast, but a nice guy too and I like that.

It's just that if I really liked the guy and wanted to see him off to a good pro start, I think it wouldn't hurt to drop the uber hyping of his debut into the Pros...
Killer Customz
10/5/2009 9:33am
No not Believe the hype! I just think it's funny how one race and everyone who thought he was good because he was a fast amatuer, now is like wtf I thought he was fast? It was his first race and HE actually did really well, even though Canada kinda sucked! SORRY CANADIANS! He had great lap times and some really impressive personal finishes. He's not going to come out and win, nor be all cocky like the pro debut your talking of, but the kid really does have pro speed and i think will be impressive!
10/5/2009 10:19am
Killer I agree with you and my post wasn't directed specifically at you. I am sure you read this thread, but if you haven't seen the numerous Dean Wilson threads all over the net, take a look around, I guess Dean has lots of fans....
DanDunes818
10/5/2009 11:22am
You people are hillarious. Dean was flying out there on a pretty much privateer bike. Sure he got 11th in his qualifier but did you see where he came from. I think he rounded the 1st turn in like 25th and was 18th at the end of the first lap.. His fastest lap time of the heat was faster then Rattrays,Metcalfs,Wiemers,Goncalves,Herlings,and many more. That time came in trafic too so imagine how fast he would of been if he was out w/the leaders. I know it's a new concept to a lot of you but you guys should really try to base your opinions on facts every once in awhile instead of just talking shit...
curmudgeon
10/5/2009 11:50am
No not Believe the hype! I just think it's funny how one race and everyone who thought he was good because he was a fast amatuer...
No not Believe the hype! I just think it's funny how one race and everyone who thought he was good because he was a fast amatuer, now is like wtf I thought he was fast? It was his first race and HE actually did really well, even though Canada kinda sucked! SORRY CANADIANS! He had great lap times and some really impressive personal finishes. He's not going to come out and win, nor be all cocky like the pro debut your talking of, but the kid really does have pro speed and i think will be impressive!
Nothing wrong with calling it as it is. Dean was the only bright spot in one of the worst MXDN showing for Canada in a long time. I mean come on, not even in the main show. And all this because two of our fastest riders had to compete in a crappy one off sx race.
10/5/2009 1:10pm
You people are hillarious. Dean was flying out there on a pretty much privateer bike. Sure he got 11th in his qualifier but did you see...
You people are hillarious. Dean was flying out there on a pretty much privateer bike. Sure he got 11th in his qualifier but did you see where he came from. I think he rounded the 1st turn in like 25th and was 18th at the end of the first lap.. His fastest lap time of the heat was faster then Rattrays,Metcalfs,Wiemers,Goncalves,Herlings,and many more. That time came in trafic too so imagine how fast he would of been if he was out w/the leaders. I know it's a new concept to a lot of you but you guys should really try to base your opinions on facts every once in awhile instead of just talking shit...
Yeah and in the b race with a clear track Dean Wilson's fastest lap was 1 second slower than Bobryschev who rounded the 2nd turn.. LAST! Stick that for a fact!
PastranaWho
10/5/2009 1:41pm
You people are hillarious. Dean was flying out there on a pretty much privateer bike. Sure he got 11th in his qualifier but did you see...
You have a lap chart? i need to see it to believe it.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
10/5/2009 1:49pm
You have a lap chart? i need to see it to believe it.
You don't believe he could come from 25th to 11th?
DanDunes818
10/5/2009 1:53pm
To get to the mx2 qualifier just change what race it is.... To get to lap chart after that change the classification to lap chart.. I thought the links would take you to the propper section but it requires a couple clicks. I hope you can handle the tough work.

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson

The Latest