Dean “LCQ King” Wilson

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2021 6:04 AM

Is his marketability alone worth a factory ride next year? I don’t see his results getting him one…

|

3/7/2021 6:14 AM

Dean is a great face for this sport and does a lot of good, but you make a point.

I did nail my 10th place finisher in fantasy last night though !

|

3/7/2021 6:19 AM

It sure who else you have an idea to give that ride too. All 9 people that beat him are also factory riders. He’s coming off a nasty broke toe I’m sure he will be getting some finishes better then 10.

Maybe you should question Musquin’s ride then too I mean he finished 17th, no?

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

3/7/2021 6:19 AM

Who cares how you qualify for the main as long as you do? He hasn't finished worse than 12th and sits 14th despite missing 3 races. Maybe not great for a factory rider but Husky knew going in that he doesn't have the speed of the Top 10.

|

3/7/2021 6:45 AM

Dean is right where he belongs. An excellent p2 rider on a team. That team has to be great to be around with him and the 21.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

3/7/2021 7:07 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

It sure who else you have an idea to give that ride too. All 9 people that beat him are also factory riders. He’s coming off a ...more

I definitely think musqin should be let go for a guy coming up.

Like you said though, everyone in front of him also has a factory ride. I don't think there's anyone in the current 450 class that deserves it over him, but come next year, there might be a few guys moving up that need a spot. J-Mart, Craig, Nichols? maybe more?

|

3/7/2021 7:08 AM

Field is stacked

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

3/7/2021 7:51 AM

Happy with his 10th place finish. Got myself an extra 26pts for that wildcard!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/7/2021 8:14 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

It sure who else you have an idea to give that ride too. All 9 people that beat him are also factory riders. He’s coming off a ...more

Mousquin beats Deano any day

|

3/7/2021 8:22 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

spimx wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. It's not just about on track results.

|

3/7/2021 8:57 AM

spimx wrote:

Not yesterday .

|

3/7/2021 9:04 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Musquin had a mechanical problem. That's why he pulled out.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/7/2021 9:23 AM

Insinuating MM25 isn't a a 450 factory worthy rider is a funny joke.

|

3/7/2021 9:47 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

Like you said though, everyone in front of him also has a ...more

Wow. Take away the DNF that was not his fault and he's 5th in points within points of 4th place.

|

3/7/2021 9:55 AM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Musquin had a mechanical problem. That's why he pulled out.

Well he has a good pullout game laughing

|

3/7/2021 10:06 AM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

If this is a contract year for Musquin then he retires at the end of the year IMO. He has nothing left to prove and nothing to gain besides some more money. He kinda seems like a different rider since Brian Moreau bad crash last year and I don’t blame him, he was really close with him when he came over. And Marvs brother also got paralyzed from racing too and those 2 injuries have to weigh heavy on his mind. J-Mart will probably race a 250 again for Star next year since he will still have a year of eligibility because of his crash at the first round. If Nichols wins the title he will be able to defend it next year and same with Craig if he wins it.

|

3/7/2021 10:09 AM

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by D E A N O (@deanwilson15)

|

3/7/2021 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2021 10:19 AM

I don't really see any guy without a factory ride who is clearly faster than Deano. I mean, I guess Brayton, but his situation is a bit unique being SX-only and having commitments overseas.

|

3/7/2021 10:17 AM

A top 10 at Daytona with that foot is awesome. Haters always talkin shit.

|

3/7/2021 12:11 PM

Deano's a great rider. In the field this stacked a top 10 is an outstanding result. Riding injured makes it even more impressive.
He proved he deserves a factory ride a couple of years back, and proves it again every race.
Remember when he showed up in a box van on his own bike?
I hate those kinds of topics. Unless you run a race team - STFU grin

|

3/7/2021 12:20 PM

Under the circumstances; with so many talented factory racers in the 450 class, he's putting in decent results. To finish in the top 10 in the 450 class this year is an accomplishment. I think people's expectations are a bit high IMO.

|

3/7/2021 12:20 PM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

Marv has podiumed twice this season.........Looked like bike problems last night. You really think Craig is going to do better than Marv in this field? Craig has only won 3 or 4 250 races in his whole career and he and Marv are close in age, so I think maybe thats not a great pick. J Mart is not good at SX so why would you give him that spot. Nichols maybe, but he has been hurt more than healthy and he is racing against a weak and weakened field in the East. I just don’t see anyone that can do what Marv can do in the 250 class right now.

|

3/7/2021 5:13 PM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Musquin = Deano???? You can't even be serious. When Marv doesn't crash out (which is becoming strangely frequent, I'll grant you), he's easily in the top 5. If not on the podium. He's become a great 2nd guy to Webb.

Point being, Marvin at least shows POTENTIAL, something poor Deano hasn't for a while now.

|

3/7/2021 5:42 PM

I would love to see Dean reach his outdoor national potential we've been waiting for ever since he won the 250 title. Poor guy has had many many injuries, that's tough on the confidence.

|

3/7/2021 6:25 PM

Plessinger, Bogle and Wilson are being described as not factory riders. But all 3 in the top 10 at Daytona. Ok

|

3/7/2021 7:32 PM

A top 10 is a factory ride. Look at the guys that beat him..

|

3/7/2021 8:36 PM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

In what world has Christian Craig proved he is deserving of Marvin's factory KTM ride hahahahahaha

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

3/7/2021 8:43 PM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

SeaClassExpert wrote:

In what world has Christian Craig proved he is deserving of Marvin's factory KTM ride hahahahahaha

Not to mention, none of the guys listed are "coming up". All have been at it for quite some time.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."