Dean Ferris coming home early?

mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 3:50am
Matthes touched on it briefly that Ferris wants to come home early in his observations column this week.
Does anyone know if this is true?
It seems crazy that with only 6 races left this could be the case but with AP back, has he been eased to the side?
I know Yamaha were going to support him after AP was back but that's all I have heard/read.
|
DG268
7/4/2019 4:44pm
He’s been putting in solid rides for his first season on new tracks. No one will hang with home back home if he races the Aus nationals
mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
7/4/2019 4:45pm
Dropbear wrote:
Wants to, or has no choice?
Steves words were "I Heard that he was heading home early which has got to be a bit of a surprise because he seemed like he sacrificed a lot to come here" so I'm not sure if has been forced, pushed or has to.
Dropbear
7/4/2019 5:01pm
So hard for Australian’s OS. I admire their tenacity.

The Shop

Dropbear
7/4/2019 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 5:13pm
DG268 wrote:
He’s been putting in solid rides for his first season on new tracks. No one will hang with home back home if he races the Aus...
He’s been putting in solid rides for his first season on new tracks. No one will hang with home back home if he races the Aus nationals
True, but is there any money in it?
mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
7/4/2019 5:08pm
Dropbear wrote:
Oh mate, so do I!
I loved the fact that Waters and Todd packed up and headed over there this year with minimal support and paid there own way.
It worked out well for Todd so who knows for the future with him.
7/4/2019 5:16pm
Is he over fighting the team on set up like Reed was? I still feel like his bike isn't up to par and this only adds to that argument if there is one?
500guy
7/4/2019 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 5:17pm
Dropbear wrote:
Oh mate, so do I! I loved the fact that Waters and Todd packed up and headed over there this year with minimal support and paid...
Oh mate, so do I!
I loved the fact that Waters and Todd packed up and headed over there this year with minimal support and paid there own way.
I have been wondering where Waters went? did he run out of money and go home?
mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
7/4/2019 5:21pm
Dropbear wrote:
Oh mate, so do I! I loved the fact that Waters and Todd packed up and headed over there this year with minimal support and paid...
Oh mate, so do I!
500guy wrote:
He was just over for those 3 races due to a gap in the Aussie series of about 6-7 weeks I think.
He's contracted to the Factory DPH Husky team over here so was committed to the series.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/4/2019 5:22pm
500guy wrote:
I don't think it was ever a plan to do them all. He was just heading over during the Aus MX mid season break and having a bit of fun from what i know. His team back here was rumored to be pulling the pin but they've confirmed that they're still going racing the rest of the year so he'll be finishing off the season and is still in the title hunt.
Dropbear
7/4/2019 5:29pm
500guy wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
I don't think it was ever a plan to do them all. He was just heading over during the Aus MX mid season break and having...
I don't think it was ever a plan to do them all. He was just heading over during the Aus MX mid season break and having a bit of fun from what i know. His team back here was rumored to be pulling the pin but they've confirmed that they're still going racing the rest of the year so he'll be finishing off the season and is still in the title hunt.
All that uncertainty with Australian MX really does my head in, I can’t imagine how bad it is for the riders. This is their fucking job.
7/4/2019 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 5:37pm
Oh mate, so do I!
500guy wrote:
He was just over for those 3 races due to a gap in the Aussie series of about 6-7 weeks I think. He's contracted to the...
He was just over for those 3 races due to a gap in the Aussie series of about 6-7 weeks I think.
He's contracted to the Factory DPH Husky team over here so was committed to the series.
^^^^^^ This. And currently leading the MX1 championship by 3 points over Luke Clout
Same with Wilson Todd who is also leading the MX2 points.

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Championships/75818

https://www.mxnationals.com.au/
mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
7/4/2019 5:39pm
500guy wrote:
He was just over for those 3 races due to a gap in the Aussie series of about 6-7 weeks I think. He's contracted to the...
^^^^^^ This. And currently leading the MX1 championship by 3 points over Luke Clout Same with Wilson Todd who is also leading the MX2 points. [url=https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Championships/75818]https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Championships/75818[/url]...
^^^^^^ This. And currently leading the MX1 championship by 3 points over Luke Clout
Same with Wilson Todd who is also leading the MX2 points.

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Championships/75818

https://www.mxnationals.com.au/
Mate

I think he's a bloody top bloke and hope he does well this year and wins the thing.
I've listened to a few podcasts of his on Gypsytales and he's as aussie as I've ever heard and very down to earth.
He raced a 6 hour event here last week and won the thing.
PJRAUS
7/4/2019 6:39pm
I hope its not true about Ferriss....but if it is, its understandable . I read that he is driving to all the races now, that means dragging his missus and 2 little kids across the vountry, trying to find time to train and somewhere to practice...maintaining his practice bike.
He is quite possibly making no money but spending plenty to be there...really not the thing to do when you have little kids I suppose.
Seems like he never got comfortable on that bike...
Is he entered for Red Bud?
mattdavison
Fantasy
4075th
7/4/2019 6:43pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I hope its not true about Ferriss....but if it is, its understandable . I read that he is driving to all the races now, that means...
I hope its not true about Ferriss....but if it is, its understandable . I read that he is driving to all the races now, that means dragging his missus and 2 little kids across the vountry, trying to find time to train and somewhere to practice...maintaining his practice bike.
He is quite possibly making no money but spending plenty to be there...really not the thing to do when you have little kids I suppose.
Seems like he never got comfortable on that bike...
Is he entered for Red Bud?
Hi mate

yeah he's entered and I get your point, I just hope he can last the 6 races and do what ever he needs to do after that
7/5/2019 5:17am
Driving to the races? Appalling that Yamaha allows that to happen.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
7/5/2019 6:34am
Such a bummer. Would've been great if he could do the full season for sure!
Crush
7/5/2019 6:44am
Shockingly there is no quote from Dean... likely tells the story. MX is fucked sometimes.
mayzo
7/5/2019 6:52am
Dean to Raceline KTM posted by Newcastle KTM 2/3 weeks ago, Watch this space 🤔
49weasel
7/5/2019 6:58am
Heard from a very reliable source that he's not happy with his suspension options.
tek14
7/5/2019 7:21am
So factory bike that others are winning around the world.. he is not happy to ride and get paid. So whats next.. he been Factory MXGP and AMA this year.. riding privateer in home is best option?
Crush
7/5/2019 7:31am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 7:32am
tek14 wrote:
So factory bike that others are winning around the world.. he is not happy to ride and get paid. So whats next.. he been Factory MXGP...
So factory bike that others are winning around the world.. he is not happy to ride and get paid. So whats next.. he been Factory MXGP and AMA this year.. riding privateer in home is best option?
Not the same bike or suspension...
bradnelson
7/5/2019 8:26am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 8:27am
Dude is 8th in points! WTF ? Just doesn't make sense.
twotwosix
7/5/2019 8:29am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 8:31am
I'm going to take a random stab here and guess money is the main root of this in some form or fashion. Either Dean wasn't getting paid enough or now that AP is back, they can't payroll him.

Barcia and Plessinger probably aren't cheap.
twotwosix
7/5/2019 8:30am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 8:30am
Dean would keep producing better results this outdoor season than a recovering Plessinger...
hamncheeze
7/5/2019 9:24am
I've heard all the stories about how expensive it is to add a rider, but in modern SX/MX it seems to me if you want to have 2 bikes on the track you probably need to have 3 riders on your 450 team. I'm surprised that Yamaha can't find a way to support Ferris enough to keep him going.

As to the bike, let's not hang on that as an excuse. Surely between the resources of Yamaha and KYB they can get him 95% happy. I'm so tired of hearing about setup excuses. Get the bike close, then you adapt to it. Reed was on DMXS this week, talking about how surprised he was at Roczen riding so well early in the series when he thought his bike was looking like crap. But Ken can adapt. Sorry for the drift here, but honestly the setup thing is such a weak-ass story these days.
SWOHIO GUY
7/5/2019 9:57am
I was at the High Point National and met Dean and his wife in the pits before the race. I later saw his wife watching the race in the section I was in carrying around 2 little ones. As a parent of young children I can't help but imagine the toll of traveling around a foreign country with 2 little ones can be. I commend Dean for giving it a shot but with no stability it has to be hard for a young family like his to keep going even if Yamaha offered support. Nonetheless Dean did a great job considering the circumstances. Dean gained a fan in me this year in the sacrifices he made to get over here and put in consistent results.

Post a reply to: Dean Ferris coming home early?

The Latest