Dean Ferris?

SWOHIO GUY
Saw a few months ago that his intent was to race AMA nationals in 2019. Is there any speculation on who he will be riding for? JGR comes to mind since Reed won’t be racing nationals.
|
MXMattii
10/22/2018 5:57pm
Rock River I've heard a rumor about, because Yamaha.
jemcee
10/22/2018 6:40pm
Dunno about the Rock River rumour (not saying it's wrong I just don't know about it haha)
But he was just gonna run the privateer set up and step in if someone needs a fill in.. Which is very possible (unfortunately)
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/22/2018 7:34pm
jemcee wrote:
Dunno about the Rock River rumour (not saying it's wrong I just don't know about it haha) But he was just gonna run the privateer set...
Dunno about the Rock River rumour (not saying it's wrong I just don't know about it haha)
But he was just gonna run the privateer set up and step in if someone needs a fill in.. Which is very possible (unfortunately)
Wonder whether he would ride a 250F if Star needed a rider?

A 450 is obviously where he is much more suited but getting paid to ride a little bike sure beats paying to run your own program.
jemcee
10/22/2018 9:33pm
haydos25 wrote:
Wonder whether he would ride a 250F if Star needed a rider? A 450 is obviously where he is much more suited but getting paid to...
Wonder whether he would ride a 250F if Star needed a rider?

A 450 is obviously where he is much more suited but getting paid to ride a little bike sure beats paying to run your own program.
Yeah that's an interesting thought.. Like you say spending his own money will prob get very old very quick haha dunno about Star though they've got about 15 riders don't they? haha If a team had that much bad luck in a year you'd prob wanna give it the swerve haha
I'd say he's fairly committed to 450's though! I hope he get on a Yamaha cause it'd be a shame if he had to get used to another bike and he's obviously very comfortable on the Yamaha.. Dunno, it'll be interesting

The Shop

jeffro503
10/22/2018 9:38pm
Tell ya what.....Dean , as he sit's right now , deserves a shot here. Especially for outdoor's. At least I hope some team out there thinks so. Dude can ride a bike....fast!
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
10/22/2018 9:44pm
I hope Ferris can get back to 100%, find a 450 to ride and just put in the efforts in the US for the supercross season. focus on making mains and completing the season. if he can make it healthy through that.. he will be threat for the outdoors.
jemcee
10/22/2018 9:46pm
I hope Ferris can get back to 100%, find a 450 to ride and just put in the efforts in the US for the supercross season...
I hope Ferris can get back to 100%, find a 450 to ride and just put in the efforts in the US for the supercross season. focus on making mains and completing the season. if he can make it healthy through that.. he will be threat for the outdoors.
He's not runnin SX man just outdoors
PJRAUS
10/23/2018 1:49am
I think it might be a bucket list thing for him...he has said his dream is to win an AMA motocross championship.
If he does that...I think he'd just pack it in and come home..
I don't think he will ever want to race sx again, it's bitten him too many times. That of course limits his opportunities of getting a good ride over there.
He will probably just be putting in the motos at the practice tracks on his own bike for most of the sx season...if one of the two Yamaha factory guys has an injury that will prevent them from riding at the start of the nationals...I reckon team Yamaha would grab him..they know exactly how good he is and probably respect his choice to dodge sx.
He could win Yamaha a 450 mx championship....he would definitely be a front runner.
I reckon it's also possible that ktm might grab him if one of their guys gets hurt...
Such a shame that it's likely that soneones gotta get hurt before he gets a good ride.
I think the sport should move a little more to try and create opportunities for riders to just do sx or mx...dont know how that would actually work, but it just seems that outdoor nationals have lacked some excitement in recent years due to sx injuries depleting the field so badly every year...
There are sx only teams...i suppose that's where the crowds are...would be nice to see a lot more mx only teams, but I suppose it's next to impossible to find sponsors for a pr level team
10/23/2018 4:16am
He was interview a few weeks back at round 3 of the Aus Supercross and mentioned an announcement would be coming very shortly about a ride for 2019 in the states... JGR doesn't sound too far off Wink
SWOHIO GUY
10/23/2018 6:50am
Really interested and seeing if he can get some factory support. I saw him at High Point in 2017 and he was very fast in the first moto. He definitely could be a contender if his speed is still at that level.
10/23/2018 11:05am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Really interested and seeing if he can get some factory support. I saw him at High Point in 2017 and he was very fast in the...
Really interested and seeing if he can get some factory support. I saw him at High Point in 2017 and he was very fast in the first moto. He definitely could be a contender if his speed is still at that level.
I don't want to sound like a nut hugger fan but Dean is at another level now, or he was just before the recent crash early November.
SWOHIO GUY
10/23/2018 12:12pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Really interested and seeing if he can get some factory support. I saw him at High Point in 2017 and he was very fast in the...
I don't want to sound like a nut hugger fan but Dean is at another level now, or he was just before the recent crash early...
I don't want to sound like a nut hugger fan but Dean is at another level now, or he was just before the recent crash early November.
If he is at a different level now then I would love to see him at all 12 rounds with a solid bike.
Bearuno
10/23/2018 11:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2018 11:06pm
He was interview a few weeks back at round 3 of the Aus Supercross and mentioned an announcement would be coming very shortly about a ride...
He was interview a few weeks back at round 3 of the Aus Supercross and mentioned an announcement would be coming very shortly about a ride for 2019 in the states... JGR doesn't sound too far off Wink
There's a thought.

CR for SX, Dean for the Outdoors. Both through JGR. Though, he may be tied up with Yamaha????

Ferris is one of the few riders that I get even remotely near to being a 'fan boi' of. Largely through him going, on his own dime, a few times, to race in some GPs before he got a ride there.

I can't help but admire blokes that get off their arse, and have a go. Always have, always will.
10/24/2018 12:41am
If he doesn't run the SX series, I sure hope he can do some or all MXGP rounds before the AMA outdoors start. That would be a massive head start and if he wants to beat the US guys in their own series, he has to have something up his sleeve. Has anyone ever done that before? I'm sure someone would have but I no-one is coming to mind
PJRAUS
10/24/2018 12:51am
If he doesn't run the SX series, I sure hope he can do some or all MXGP rounds before the AMA outdoors start. That would be...
If he doesn't run the SX series, I sure hope he can do some or all MXGP rounds before the AMA outdoors start. That would be a massive head start and if he wants to beat the US guys in their own series, he has to have something up his sleeve. Has anyone ever done that before? I'm sure someone would have but I no-one is coming to mind
It's hard to know just what his plan is! That would be a great idea if it were possible though!
SWOHIO GUY
3/7/2019 9:01am
Any word on what he has in the works? He has moved to the US, was testing on a Suzuki a few weeks ago. JGR maybe?
3/7/2019 2:10pm
With Suzuki delivering a bike to him in Aussie , he would no be cutting his strong ties with Yamaha , without a deal in place....
Maybe it’s justthat JGR , want to keep focus on their current riders and the Supercross series ,plus out of respect for Weston , leaving the door technically open until such time ,he calls time on racing .
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
3/7/2019 10:37pm
Surely he is pounding laps somewhere in preparation by now, surprised no one has seen him anywhere
3/7/2019 11:53pm
If he doesn't run the SX series, I sure hope he can do some or all MXGP rounds before the AMA outdoors start. That would be...
Roczen most recently.
jemcee
3/8/2019 12:48am
'Due to unforeseen circumstances' he had to come back to Australia..

I have no idea what happened but he's not injured and he apparently still intends on doing the outdoors.. Again I don't know, but I'd say the opportunity that was made available was taken away for some reason, and maybe instead of staying over there spending money they came home..
I saw on facebook he was at a track today but dunno what on
Dougy1
3/8/2019 3:44am
Mayb Wilson getting the JGR ride outdoors?
3/8/2019 4:18am
jemcee wrote:
'Due to unforeseen circumstances' he had to come back to Australia.. I have no idea what happened but he's not injured and he apparently still intends...
'Due to unforeseen circumstances' he had to come back to Australia..

I have no idea what happened but he's not injured and he apparently still intends on doing the outdoors.. Again I don't know, but I'd say the opportunity that was made available was taken away for some reason, and maybe instead of staying over there spending money they came home..
I saw on facebook he was at a track today but dunno what on
Yep... saw his Instagram post today and was surprised he was clearly back in Aus..
agn5009
3/8/2019 5:38am
How does no one know what’s going on? I’m a huge fan and was really excited to see him race here this summer.

Post a reply to: Dean Ferris?

The Latest