Deals that just didn't happened in the end

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2020 6:57 PM

Because we've no real racing, we can do some decent bench racing. So what are deals that were close to happening but in the end didn't...

Stefan Everts to Makita Suzuki USA for two years (outdoors only) there is a part in his book about it.

Christophe Pourcel to the Monster Energy 450 Kawasaki team.

|

3/29/2020 7:04 PM

Js7 to Honda to start his career, Davi on a Yamaha 2005

|

3/29/2020 7:06 PM

Langston on pro circuit in 2001 I think?

|

3/29/2020 7:14 PM

Townley was off to twotwo motorsports before he had a huge crash, he would have been in his prime too

|

3/29/2020 7:16 PM

Wasn't Josh Grant supposed to be on a Jeff Ward Racing Kawasaki team and it never got off the ground? Or was that Deano?

|

3/29/2020 7:20 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Wasn't Josh Grant supposed to be on a Jeff Ward Racing Kawasaki team and it never got off the ground? Or was that Deano?

Both

|

3/29/2020 7:24 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Because we've no real racing, we can do some decent bench racing. So what are deals that were close to happening but in the end didn't...

Stefan Everts to Makita Suzuki USA for two years (outdoors only) there is a part in his book about it.

Christophe Pourcel to the Monster Energy 450 Kawasaki team.

I always wondered if Everts could have adapted to supercross and been a title threat! He was so technically sound that I don’t think he would have had the rough transition that Albertyn had.

|

3/29/2020 7:35 PM

Jam Sports

|

3/29/2020 7:46 PM

Jeff award racing never happened? I thought it did a year or no

|

3/29/2020 7:50 PM

SWOHIO GUY wrote:

I always wondered if Everts could have adapted to supercross and been a title threat! He was so technically sound that I don’t think he would have had the rough transition that Albertyn had.

Everts did race some SX and ran a number 111 I think. He would have adapted no problem given the proper off season time to train and focus on it. When you are good, you are good.

|

3/29/2020 7:51 PM

Poto to MXGP count?

|

3/29/2020 8:03 PM

Nairb#70 wrote:

Poto to MXGP count?

Yes he won one of the few he raced.

|

3/29/2020 8:16 PM

I was looking forward to seeing how Alessio Chiodi would do in the US. I think he came over for
just a couple races but it never panned out. Can't recall if the deal fell apart or if he got hurt? But man, he
was fast.

|

3/29/2020 9:12 PM

FWYT wrote:

I was looking forward to seeing how Alessio Chiodi would do in the US. I think he came over for
just a couple races but it never panned out. Can't recall if the deal fell apart or if he got hurt? But man, he
was fast.

He was here for 2 seasons, rode for the DKNY Husky team, just never delivered and believe the production rule really hurt him, given the equipment he was on.

|

3/29/2020 9:14 PM

How about Reed to Makita Suzuki, JT$ said he even rode the bike and tried everything in his power to get on the team if things with RC went south. That was a bit of a surprise.

|

3/29/2020 9:32 PM

MXDN Competition Park 2002.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

3/29/2020 9:41 PM

McGrath back to Honda for '98. All but a done deal then Honda went silent.

|

James

3/29/2020 9:46 PM

BUTWHY? wrote:

How about Reed to Makita Suzuki, JT$ said he even rode the bike and tried everything in his power to get on the team if things with RC went south. That was a bit of a surprise.

Lol. You should research that bud..

|

3/29/2020 10:13 PM

Chad Reed to like every team at some point lol

|

3/29/2020 10:20 PM

McGrath and KTM

|

If you love it lube it

3/29/2020 10:20 PM

FWYT wrote:

I was looking forward to seeing how Alessio Chiodi would do in the US. I think he came over for
just a couple races but it never panned out. Can't recall if the deal fell apart or if he got hurt? But man, he
was fast.

BUTWHY? wrote:

He was here for 2 seasons, rode for the DKNY Husky team, just never delivered and believe the production rule really hurt him, given the equipment he was on.

Thank you!

|

3/29/2020 11:00 PM

This would have been crazy to see. Still kind of glad he didn’t go to Honda though. This goes without saying, but he was out of this world on the KX125. I think some of that has to do with the amount of time he spent on that bike. He must have started riding them part time in 99 all the way to 04. The CR must of been to slow for him or maybe he just didn’t like the chassis?
Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2020 12:34 AM

Canard & KTM.
Cudby shot:
Photo

|

3/30/2020 5:21 AM

BS12 wrote:

Canard & KTM.
Cudby shot:
Photo

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/30/2020 5:22 AM

BUTWHY? wrote:

How about Reed to Makita Suzuki, JT$ said he even rode the bike and tried everything in his power to get on the team if things with RC went south. That was a bit of a surprise.

He's talking about a prior time in 2004.. RC got the deal for the 2005 season and beyond but CR tested the bike also during negotiations.

|

3/30/2020 6:23 AM

Years back- PhotoThis is a weird one, was on a plane out west and guy sitting near me was an executive with Harley, he told the story of how HD almost bought KTM, they had a Fake bridge built for an upcoming MC show, whereby it would link the two Marques......

|

3/30/2020 6:37 AM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

McGrath back to Honda for '98. All but a done deal then Honda went silent.

That's one I never heard about....interesting

|

3/30/2020 6:50 AM

Kevin Windham to Yamaha ended up at Honda for less money cause management pissed him off just read the little story about it on MXA site a few day ago

|

3/30/2020 6:56 AM

Roger DeCoster to Hodaka 1969?

|

3/30/2020 7:05 AM

JMart and RCH Suzuki.

|