Daytona Track Map

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2018 7:01 AM

I was just watching the animated track map for Daytona and this little section caught my eye. Do you think the riders will try to get "creative" in this section and ride between the offset rollers? Or will the officials have some kind of barrier to prevent that? Guess we won't know for sure until we see the finished product. Excuse my lackluster MS Paint skills.

Photo

|

3/8/2018 7:08 AM

Legit first thing I thought when I saw that, likely it will just be a normal single or nothing at all.

|

3/8/2018 7:23 AM

Minneapolis had a section like that in the early 2000's that everyone zig zaged down the middle, think they have learned... maybe?

|

3/8/2018 8:15 AM

They will probably separate it by tough blocks and a ledge.

|

-streets-

3/8/2018 12:36 PM

probably put them so close to each other that it will be like a normal jump....

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

3/8/2018 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 12:47 PM

I see carnage waiting to happen, get sketchy on the last few whoops (on the right side) and it’s either K.O. into the face of that single or whiskey right off of it.

If it’s possible to double in from the single closest to the rhythm (left in OP’s pic) then I believe that’s likely to be the fast line seeing as how there will more speed to be able to carry through the whoops. I kind of doubt this section will look like this on Saturday, though.

|

3/8/2018 4:50 PM

My assumption is that it will just be a single, or nothing at all. If they do leave it as the map shows, I think each of the jumps would have to be slightly wider than half the width of the track to avoid having riders just blast through the middle.

|

3/8/2018 4:55 PM

Over and under on that not being there?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/8/2018 6:04 PM

Crush wrote:

Over and under on that not being there?

Can I get in on this? LolPhoto

|

3/8/2018 8:57 PM

Judging by the INSANE woop sections im guessing Marvin is not going to win this race.

|

3/8/2018 9:00 PM

Devenhallen wrote:

Can I get in on this? LolPhoto

I was actually waiting to see if you'd chime in on this since you get to the races early. Can't tell much from this pic, whats the word?

|

3/8/2018 9:51 PM

drt410 wrote:

Judging by the INSANE woop sections im guessing Marvin is not going to win this race.

Whoops will break down quite a lot, which actually means the opposite - rutted, technical or jumpable whoops = enter the Moose.

Either way, I think this one is Eli's barring disaster.

|

3/9/2018 1:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2018 1:28 AM

|

3/9/2018 4:12 AM

If they do zag between the two jumps, the landing/single could essentially becomes a wall jump. I think that would be slower than hitting one of the takeoffs.and carrying their speed through the section. I guess it depends how they built the landing/single face.

|

3/9/2018 4:24 AM

steveada wrote:

If they do zag between the two jumps, the landing/single could essentially becomes a wall jump. I think that would be slower than hitting one of the takeoffs.and carrying their speed through the section. I guess it depends how they built the landing/single face.

Judging by the looks of it, the left one will break down within practice, making it impossible to land on the next single. The one to the right seems like a 100% case into the single.

|

3/9/2018 7:33 AM

Think we now know why he struggles through real whoops laughing

|

3/9/2018 8:17 AM

Carnage in the first turn.

|