Daytona Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/6/2021 3:04pm
Hope they have some cameras down low to get sense of speed height sound etc.
mxb2
3/6/2021 3:13pm
str8line wrote:
The speed through the obstacles on the straight are so impressive. Can you imagine if it was 1977, the track was this tack, Bob Hannah was...
The speed through the obstacles on the straight are so impressive. Can you imagine if it was 1977, the track was this tack, Bob Hannah was the man, and you dropped Eli Tomac from the sky to burn some laps. Hannah's head would explode.
Exactly. People who say "the tracks were harder then" need to open their eyes. The tracks now...the tracks then...they were the same relative to the riders...
Exactly. People who say "the tracks were harder then" need to open their eyes. The tracks now...the tracks then...they were the same relative to the riders and bikes of their times. They were as tough as the promoters and track builders could make them for the bikes, riders, skills of the time.

But on an absolute basis....then to now, it is a different sport almost. Hanna's head would spin if he saw today's tracks then. Then it would explode if he saw how today's bikes and riders could run that track.

This is the nature of sports. Standing on the shoulders of giants. You end up with kids who are 14 years old, mastering skills that did not even exist from the sport a few generations ago. It is just the nature of competition, the inevitable result of youth emulating today's stars. Then you add advances in technology to the mix.
Some are stuck in the past and cant let it go. The dudes are faster, bikes are better. Different types of tracks.
jemcee
3/6/2021 3:15pm
I haven't read this thread so it might've been mentioned but if an Aussie asks for a stream today don't look down ya nose at them cause the SX is shown on ESPN over here and for some reason they never show Daytona! So we'll be on the lookout..
Obviously if anyone can hook a brother up I'll be very appreciative
mxb2
3/6/2021 3:19pm
jemcee wrote:
I haven't read this thread so it might've been mentioned but if an Aussie asks for a stream today don't look down ya nose at them...
I haven't read this thread so it might've been mentioned but if an Aussie asks for a stream today don't look down ya nose at them cause the SX is shown on ESPN over here and for some reason they never show Daytona! So we'll be on the lookout..
Live peacock, or nbc sportsnetwork. Or wait a bit for you tube

The Shop

3/6/2021 3:25pm
str8line wrote:
The speed through the obstacles on the straight are so impressive. Can you imagine if it was 1977, the track was this tack, Bob Hannah was...
The speed through the obstacles on the straight are so impressive. Can you imagine if it was 1977, the track was this tack, Bob Hannah was the man, and you dropped Eli Tomac from the sky to burn some laps. Hannah's head would explode.
Exactly. People who say "the tracks were harder then" need to open their eyes. The tracks now...the tracks then...they were the same relative to the riders...
Exactly. People who say "the tracks were harder then" need to open their eyes. The tracks now...the tracks then...they were the same relative to the riders and bikes of their times. They were as tough as the promoters and track builders could make them for the bikes, riders, skills of the time.

But on an absolute basis....then to now, it is a different sport almost. Hanna's head would spin if he saw today's tracks then. Then it would explode if he saw how today's bikes and riders could run that track.

This is the nature of sports. Standing on the shoulders of giants. You end up with kids who are 14 years old, mastering skills that did not even exist from the sport a few generations ago. It is just the nature of competition, the inevitable result of youth emulating today's stars. Then you add advances in technology to the mix.

Are you saying Bob Hannah couldn’t send it?
jemcee
3/6/2021 3:25pm
jemcee wrote:
I haven't read this thread so it might've been mentioned but if an Aussie asks for a stream today don't look down ya nose at them...
mxb2 wrote:
Live peacock, or nbc sportsnetwork. Or wait a bit for you tube
The first two options are barred over here cause Foxtel (Paytv) don't want us getting it from anywhere but them
And yeah YouTube will be an option but would rather watch it live if at all possible
ocscottie
3/6/2021 3:32pm
jemcee wrote:
The first two options are barred over here cause Foxtel (Paytv) don't want us getting it from anywhere but them And yeah YouTube will be an...
The first two options are barred over here cause Foxtel (Paytv) don't want us getting it from anywhere but them
And yeah YouTube will be an option but would rather watch it live if at all possible
I think someone usually does, be sure and ask in the race thread.
jemcee
3/6/2021 3:34pm
ocscottie wrote:
I think someone usually does, be sure and ask in the race thread.
Yeah there's normally something around but I thought I'd see if I could get in early haha
SCC
3/6/2021 3:59pm
Single largest fail of todays coverage of sx/mx. Ive had friends over who say anyone can do that.
3/6/2021 4:00pm
SCC wrote:
Single largest fail of todays coverage of sx/mx. Ive had friends over who say anyone can do that.
Wait til they find out how easy it is to run while holding a ball.
3/6/2021 5:02pm
str8line wrote:

[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/06/481859/s1200_210FEF45_A744_4578_ADE2_DC34F61C6BF4.jpg[/img] Are you saying Bob Hannah couldn’t send it?

Are you saying Bob Hannah couldn’t send it?
"Who the hell is Bob Hannah"?
str8line
3/6/2021 9:22pm
str8line wrote:

You bring yesterday's stars forward or today's stars backward the cream will still rise to the top. Hannah could race with any of these guys trust...
You bring yesterday's stars forward or today's stars backward the cream will still rise to the top. Hannah could race with any of these guys trust me Wink

I wasn't comparing Hannah's talent to these guys, just the difference in speed now vs. then. If Hannah could have seen Tomac's speed on this track he would have been flabbergasted; completely floored. Then he would have been psyched to get on Tomac's bike to try to go faster.
DirtDart
3/7/2021 1:17pm

You bring yesterday's stars forward or today's stars backward the cream will still rise to the top. Hannah could race with any of these guys trust...
You bring yesterday's stars forward or today's stars backward the cream will still rise to the top. Hannah could race with any of these guys trust me Wink
str8line wrote:
I wasn't comparing Hannah's talent to these guys, just the difference in speed now vs. then. If Hannah could have seen Tomac's speed on this track...

I wasn't comparing Hannah's talent to these guys, just the difference in speed now vs. then. If Hannah could have seen Tomac's speed on this track he would have been flabbergasted; completely floored. Then he would have been psyched to get on Tomac's bike to try to go faster.
Giving 70s Hannah a 2021 KX would have blown his head regardless of what track they were on.
ATKpilot99
3/7/2021 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2021 1:47pm
Hannah wasn't comfortable with the direction SX track design was going by the mid 80s. I believe the 85 Daytona race was his final win and in 86 he didn't qualify for the L.A. Coliseum main largely because of a quad jump he refused to do. Granted he was on the backside of his career and didn't have the same approach as early on but it's an example of the progression of the sport.
wildbill
3/7/2021 5:36pm
Jardo wrote:
No shit!! How could you ever be so comfortable on a bike that the bike kicks sideways in the air while doing Mach 5 and you...
No shit!! How could you ever be so comfortable on a bike that the bike kicks sideways in the air while doing Mach 5 and you never even back off.
It's not that hard, ask my surgeon.
gregyou
3/7/2021 6:16pm
SCC wrote:
That’s one you give them your bike find a double and say go for it

Post a reply to: Daytona Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest