Daytona Supercross - Seating/tickets question

mxrider641
So I convinced my wife that we need a Florida vacation that includes the Daytona SuperCross, and have some ticket questions from the highly intelligent Vital members.

While it's a tad pricey, has anyone ever done the Daytona 500 club? Any other thoughts on ticket suggestions? The roost? Thanks!!
|
EngIceDave
11/5/2019 3:38pm
Rolex Club
High up, but can see whole track with food and drink
mtl
11/5/2019 4:12pm
Whatever you do dont get the tix on the asphalt of the speedway. Standing on an incline like that for 3 hours sucks.
EngIceDave
11/5/2019 4:26pm
mtl wrote:
Whatever you do dont get the tix on the asphalt of the speedway. Standing on an incline like that for 3 hours sucks.
Yup
and Industry seating sucks too, you get to see only a couple corners

In the stands, you're looking through a fence, and still far away

Being high up may seem to suck, but as a "been there, done that" guy sine the mid-70's at Daytona, I have been in Rolex Club last 4 years

Nice seat, food, drinks (beer/wine/spirits) and full view of not only track, but big screens, I ain't moving

(but you do feel a long way away, but you feel that anywhere in the stands, not a spectator friendly place)
mxrider641
11/5/2019 4:28pm
Is there any difference between the Rolex club and the Daytona 500 club? Sounds like the thing to do, food/drink and a seat, thanks!!

The Shop

EngIceDave
11/5/2019 6:50pm
Rolex is up where you'd imagine the TV broadcast to be.
Daytona is in tower on ground level, behind pit road.

Choice is ground level, limited view, BUT CLOSE
Or up in the sky, but able to see entire track, FROM A DISTANCE

If watching the Flat Track/TT?
Daytona

Road Racing or SX?
Rolex, IMO

Sure some will disagree
But understand, both have drawbacks....distance vs able viewing

If you ever sat in press at many of the stadiums, Rolex is similar
At STL, in press, you're sitting, no joke, on ceiling....so maybe I am used to it

One good thing about Daytona, pit access before/during/after race....but for me, once races start, I let everyone do their job then bail....everyone just wants to pack up and go once over
daboza27
11/6/2019 1:58am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2019 1:59am
I’ve only gone once and got the asphalt tickets. I enjoyed being able to walk around and get different viewpoints, along with being much closer than the actual seating behind the fence. Thought it was neat and different from the norm. I was with a buddy though, I'm sure the wife would’ve complained not having an actual seat.

Regardless I’ll be doing that again this year and I’ll bring a cushion to sit on.
AngryBear
11/6/2019 7:31am
use the 'stand on the track/asphalt' tickets to walk around down there during practice.

reserved seats to save some $, rolex if going baller. GA seats are too far on the outsides and you have to be in seat early or you'll be waaaay outside.

Post a reply to: Daytona Supercross - Seating/tickets question

The Latest