Daytona Supercross

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2019 6:47 PM

Thinking about going this year. It looks like qualifying starts at 1 and the night show starts at 7:30. Does anybody know approximately how long qualifying lasts? Are there things to do at the venue between qualifying and the night show? Is finding parking easy or should I park somewhere else and Uber in? Last question, are the stands fairly close to the track?

Thanks in advance.

|

2/28/2019 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 7:15 PM

we go every year, it's my favorite SX to attend in person. i'll copy this from an older thread i wrote answering similar. feel free to ask away if any other questions.

THINGS TO DO BETWEEN RACES:

there is a huge expo, mostly harley/road bike stuff, outside of the stadium. definitely see that between practice/race. it's immediately outside of the stadium, and is free. One Daytona is a outdoor mall across the road, easy to walk across the bridge and grab food there between practice/qualifiers and the main event.

SEATING:

trackside seating (standing) upgrade is fun to do during practice ($20/person extra), as you can get so close. if you stand there at night 1) it will be very crowded, shoulder to shoulder, 2) you can only see a little bit of the track, very limited viewing, 3) even the straight stretch of daytona that you are standing on is HIGHLY banked. it can get uncomfortable standing/sitting a couple hours.

you can usually get some decent seats in the general admission spots as well. if you want to be able to freely walk back and forth to your seats, just get reserved for $20/more. it's not like a stadium event where every seat is almost a different price, it's either $45 or $65.

PARKING:

parking is super easy, it's $15 and you get to park on the grass infield of the nascar track, directly adjacent to the SX track, which is cool in itself, or you can park for free across the road at One Daytona and walk the bridge to the track. the only negative to parking on the infield in my opinion is sometimes it backs up with people leaving, it can easily take 45-60mins to get out of the track once you are to your car, depending on if you jet out after the race.

PITS:

the pits are unique (and free), they use the nascar garages instead of the semi's. it's fun to walk through though.

LODGING:

odging is a nightmare. most is booked a year in advance, and what is left is $$$. look for hotels on the I4 corridor between daytona and orlando, you should be able to find some in that direction less than 30-45mins from track. stuff on I95 north/south of daytona will be booked.

|

2/28/2019 7:36 PM

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

|

2/28/2019 9:00 PM

First time going to daytona. Has anyone sat in the rolex lounge it is 250 a ticket and unlimited food, drinks, and beer, free parking, souvenir. Is the seat too far away or where is the best spots to sit.

|

3/1/2019 10:27 AM

bca2019 wrote:

First time going to daytona. Has anyone sat in the rolex lounge it is 250 a ticket and unlimited food, drinks, and beer, free parking, souvenir. Is the seat too far away or where is the best spots to sit.

pretty free range. large indoor area with seating/food, outside seating like this:
Photo

it's nice.

|

3/1/2019 10:57 AM

bca2019 wrote:

Whats nice about Dayonta is you can bring your own food and drinks (beer) in. This may be worth it at another stadium that charge a ridiculous amount for food/ beer, but in my opinion, not at Daytona. We sit in Section 145 every year.

|

3/1/2019 11:47 AM

|

3/1/2019 2:07 PM

I’ve been to a couple dozen SX races and Daytona was the first time I felt bad for small bore engines. Trackside at Daytona it is panic revs and rev limiters in every direction in the 250 class. Pretty wild sound.

Not a lot to add as angry bear did a great job. My only additions from my experience would be traffic is a NIGHTMARE in front of the track from the interstate to the main drag at the beach. I’ve been 3 years now and one year on Saturday afternoon it took 90 minutes to even get to the tunnel from I95 with the rest of bike week traffic.

Great time, great event usually. Enjoy!

|

3/1/2019 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 9:56 PM

If anyone has room I need a place to crash. I got media credentials last minute and am trying to piece together the trip. I'll share expenses if you have an extra bed in your hotel room, take a couch if you live in the area, just about anything will work as long as I can charge batteries overnight and maybe take a shower wouldn't hurt.

I'll also give you an image of your favorite rider if you can help me out.

This is my first chance to shoot the real deal. It's almost like making the main as a privateer. If you happen to be a privateer racing I'd be psyched to connect and get you lots of images of the weekend.

---- I just booked a room right across from the track if anyone wants to split the cost message me please ----

Photo

|