Daytona SX pits open?

PN27416
Are the pits open like the other rounds? I see no mention that they are anywhere.
|
BKoonts
2/19/2022 10:22am
They pit out of the car garages at Daytona. They are open to the public. At least they have been in years past.
PN27416
2/22/2022 4:38am
BKoonts wrote:
They pit out of the car garages at Daytona. They are open to the public. At least they have been in years past.
Thanks!
Jack_4196
Fantasy
3336th
2/22/2022 7:53pm
I was told the pits will be open and is included with GA tickets.
AngryBear
2/22/2022 9:33pm
daytona was the last round in '20 before rona hit / shut down indy and onwards

last year they were closed. this year should be back open. one of the cool things about daytona is the $45/15 general admission tickets will almost get you anywhere but a reserved seat in the night show. open pits, walk around the stands in practice, etc. add $20 and you can walk on the track in practice and night show.

The Shop

rhargrave431
2/23/2022 6:07am
I'll be there! Daytona gets a bad rap from Matthes, so we will see, but I'm pretty pumped. Hopefully it's a year of great weather.
McG194
2/23/2022 8:14am
AngryBear wrote:
daytona was the last round in '20 before rona hit / shut down indy and onwards last year they were closed. this year should be back...

last year they were closed. this year should be back open. one of the cool things about daytona is the $45/15 general admission tickets will almost get you anywhere but a reserved seat in the night show. open pits, walk around the stands in practice, etc. add $20 and you can walk on the track in practice and night show.
Funny thing about 2020, it kind of felt weird because everyone knew something was coming but had no idea.

I remember RJ rode from Cali to the race with his dad's ashes to give him a ride around the track. I was standing next to him, Stanton and Roger during opening ceremonies just to the side of the stage. It was elbow to elbow tight and as soon as RJ got home, he posted that he had Covid. I was nervous for a bit but at the same time if I got sick it would have been cool getting it from a legend. lol
AngryBear
2/23/2022 8:22am
AngryBear wrote:
daytona was the last round in '20 before rona hit / shut down indy and onwards last year they were closed. this year should be back...

McG194 wrote:
Funny thing about 2020, it kind of felt weird because everyone knew something was coming but had no idea. I remember RJ rode from Cali to...
Funny thing about 2020, it kind of felt weird because everyone knew something was coming but had no idea.

I remember RJ rode from Cali to the race with his dad's ashes to give him a ride around the track. I was standing next to him, Stanton and Roger during opening ceremonies just to the side of the stage. It was elbow to elbow tight and as soon as RJ got home, he posted that he had Covid. I was nervous for a bit but at the same time if I got sick it would have been cool getting it from a legend. lol
100%. my whole family was there. i remember quite a few people were kinda 'is this really a thing' as stuff was going strong in italy/china/etc. i think it was the tuesday after the race when the uh oh moment hit....
PN27416
2/23/2022 9:16am
Feld has the pity party but with this being the one round run by Daytona, I wasn't sure and saw no mention of open pits. I was coming for the vintage mx bike show but they pulled the plug on itSad Want to be able to roam the pits and say hi to some buddies.

Post a reply to: Daytona SX pits open?

The Latest