Daytona SX Experience?? Need advice

Gilby122
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2022 5:45pm
My wonderful wife booked us all a trip to Daytona for SX in March as my Christmas present. Bucket list race for me and will be my kids’ first time at a SX. She’s leaving the seats up to me. As much as I’ve always wanted to go to that particular race, I also couldn’t help but think it’s gotta be one of the harder races to spectate live cause of how long the track is in the infield and how far away the grandstands appear to be from the track. I could be wrong.

Anyway, anyone been to one in Daytona? Any tips on which seats/sections/areas are best to watch, keeping in mind I have a 13 and 11 year old? Greatly appreciate any and all advice!!
|
DJV804
12/31/2021 10:36pm
If you don’t mind standing, being on the speedway trackside is awesome. If you want seats, try to be toward the middle/finish line area. We made the mistake the first time of being on the left side(when looking at the track) and couldn’t see much. Ended up watching a majority of the race on the big screen in front of us.

The track walk passes are kind of a joke, you don’t really get to walk the track. Get there early for the pits(duh), it’s pretty cool walking through the garages.

Infield parking is worth it. Also be ready to be blown away by the size of the place, and probably wanting to hit a NASCAR race if you never have. It’s impressive.
EngIceDave
1/1/2022 7:09am
Agreed with all above.

Depending on your budget, consider one of the "Clubs" like the 500 Club since this is a special trip, which is in that infield tower. You can see more of the track and comes with food and bev, I believe. ($$$)

Watching Daytona from ground level, even in the small stands they bring in, is like watching an outdoor, you can only see small parts because it's so spread out.

It's a weird place to watch from, IMO.

If you want to be close up, cool, but you will only see a little bit of the track.
If you sit in the stands or any of the clubs mentioned, you are farther away, but you can see more.

Rolex Club is way high up in like the press box, but you can see EVERYTHING. It's expensive, but it is nice. Wife might appreciate it more than you if she's not into moto, if you know what I mean.
Gilby122
1/1/2022 8:59am
Thank you guys! Dave, just sent you a PM if you get a minute.
EngIceDave
1/1/2022 9:17am
I didn't get and rarely use this account any longer.

just email me at kimmeyboys @ gmail

The Shop

SX_336
1/1/2022 9:55am
I went to Daytona last year and already have tickets for this year. I enjoyed our seats last year. I thought the spectating was pretty good.

jmo443
1/1/2022 11:27am
Rolex club all the way and you won’t regret it.
rhargrave431
1/1/2022 2:42pm
This is a good thread with answers to my questions as well. I'm flying down to go to the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and realized it's the same time, so I may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
mxrider641
1/1/2022 3:39pm
My first trip was 2020 and per EngIceDave I got the Rolex lounge tickets for the wife and I and glad I did! It got really cold and it was nice to have a warm spot as well as a seat, food and of course something to drink. During the day we wondered around, got close to the track/pits and such, but come evening it was worth every penny to be inside!
Of course with that said, going with another couple this year and they are not up to the cost so will see how that goes.
Gilby122
1/1/2022 5:45pm
Awesome guys. Thank you. Anyone know if there’s an age limit for the Rolex club? Would the kids be able if I bought four? I’m not that big of a baller… but I usually watch from my couch so might make this one memorable.
FlaGuy
1/1/2022 6:30pm
Gilby122 wrote:
Awesome guys. Thank you. Anyone know if there’s an age limit for the Rolex club? Would the kids be able if I bought four? I’m not...
Awesome guys. Thank you. Anyone know if there’s an age limit for the Rolex club? Would the kids be able if I bought four? I’m not that big of a baller… but I usually watch from my couch so might make this one memorable.
I think there's a kids price but it is not free because the kids get free soda and food
SX_336
1/1/2022 6:44pm
Gilby122 wrote:
Awesome guys. Thank you. Anyone know if there’s an age limit for the Rolex club? Would the kids be able if I bought four? I’m not...
Whatever you decide to do, you better do it soon as the tickets are dwindling down. There isn’t a ton of great seating left.

Post a reply to: Daytona SX Experience?? Need advice

The Latest