David Bailey?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2019 6:55 PM

First off, it's nice to hear the crickets of all the Tomac haters this week. I'm sorry. That dude took a media beating all week. People claiming he is mentally weak. I mean they talked about it in the Pulpmx show right next to his rig. So you know he heard all that crap. I thought it was awesome to see him get out there and kick ass in old form. He almost seemed pissed. Anyways! That was completely random.

What the hell happened to David Bailey? Does anyone know what he is doing nowadays? Thanks.

|

2/24/2019 6:58 PM

Rip Van Winkle?

|

2/24/2019 6:58 PM

He cycles almost daily for one. Mark Edwards would know more details though.

|

2/24/2019 7:02 PM

1down5up wrote:

He cycles almost daily for one. Mark Edwards would know more details though.

Good to hear he is still staying in shape.

|

2/24/2019 7:10 PM

He passed me on the San Luis Rey bike path last summer. He was hammering.

|

2/24/2019 7:15 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Nice! Coincidence or? lol

|

2/24/2019 7:21 PM

I saw him reply to a post on instagram this month, by one of my favourite surfboard shapers and I was star struck!

|

2/24/2019 7:23 PM

smoothwakey wrote:

I saw him reply to a post on instagram this month, by one of my favourite surfboard shapers and I was star struck!

Oh wow that's interesting. I didn't know he was on instagram. Bailey is into surfing? Whatttt?

|

2/24/2019 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 9:28 PM

smoothwakey wrote:

rp031x wrote:

Oh wow that's interesting. I didn't know he was on instagram. Bailey is into surfing? Whatttt?

If you're on Instagram, you gotta follow Bailey, RJ and Ward if you are into that era. Bailey's Instagram feed is golden. And his biological Dad is a surfboard designer so that makes sense.

|

2/24/2019 9:35 PM

RexEasely wrote:

rp031x wrote:

He passed me going the opposite direction and I was like that was David Bailey. I stopped in disbelief. My wife didn't understand even after explaining A1 1986

|

2/24/2019 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 10:34 PM

I see him all the time cycling on the Strand in Oceanside.

|

2/24/2019 10:23 PM

RexEasely wrote:

rp031x wrote:

RexEasely wrote:

He passed me going the opposite direction and I was like that was David Bailey. I stopped in disbelief. My wife didn't understand even after explaining A1 1986

If she watches it, and still doesn't get it, a trial separation may be feasible.

|

2/25/2019 5:36 AM

RexEasely wrote:

rp031x wrote:

RexEasely wrote:

lol Yeah. That sounds about right tongue

|

2/25/2019 5:45 PM

He's doing pretty good, staying in shape, and hopefully working on something that has him involved in Supercross/Motocross again. Photo

|

2/25/2019 5:55 PM

There is only one ICON-

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

2/25/2019 6:46 PM

Dude should be in the booth with Fro or Langston.

|

2/25/2019 7:19 PM

smoothwakey wrote:

rp031x wrote:

David's father passed away a few years back His name was Terry Martin, and he is a pretty legendary shaper. He shaped Hobie surfboards for over 50 years, and was a true icon in the sport.

Like Ridge said, DB's doing well. Has a project that I think is very cool if it gets the right backing.

3 grandkids. THREE!

|

2/25/2019 8:04 PM

He came out and was one of the coaches at Jessy Nelson benefit ride day at Fox (pala) last year. He was great with both of kids teaching them starts, and proper technique. They had no idea who he was, I was blown away.... Gary Bailey was teaching as well, along with J Ward, Villipoto, Langston, etc. Pretty sweet!

|

2/25/2019 8:28 PM

ridge wrote:

He's doing pretty good, staying in shape, and hopefully working on something that has him involved in Supercross/Motocross again. Photo

Damn that is one intense looking dude.
Never quite realized he had that look, when he was in full moto garb.
Badass.

|

2/25/2019 11:55 PM

David.....was one of ( if not the best ) to ever join this forum as a guest a while back. He had so many people asking him question's and he stuck around I think for a couple day's and answered them all. And just like he was amazing on the mic , he was just as detailed in his responses here. Maybe my most favorite racer ever. Freakin' legend!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/26/2019 7:21 AM

|

2/26/2019 9:27 AM

|

2/26/2019 3:52 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Dude should be in the booth with Fro or Langston.

Dude for real. Does anyone know what happened? I liked Bailey as a commentator. Did he not want to do it anymore or what?

|

2/26/2019 8:22 PM

Bailey is a class act for sure, he was my favorite rider back in the day. So smooth

|

2/26/2019 9:55 PM

David was at the PNW-VMX event last May 26th/27th near Bremerton WA to support club president Jan Babendererde after his spinal injury last spring. Thanks David. Photo by Mark Hector.

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

2/26/2019 10:25 PM

Mr. Bailey is a good man, he was there for me in recent times. He's enjoying being a grandpa and yes his real father goes down in the books as legendary shaper in southern California. His son also does some shaping, out of Encinitas.

|