Davi Millsaps: Bright Future

bullpen58
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:16pm
In my supremely expert opinion, Davi is gonna have a good year. He is laughing and joking and clowning around on those JGR videos. Looks like he is happy and having fun. The guy is one of the most talented dudes out there but always seems a bit of a head case (no offense to DM). I predict he is gonna be on rails this season.

Plus, we have all seen countless other guys step their game up when their current team hires someone even better than they are. I fully expect that riding and practicing alongside JS all the time is gonna boost his speed even more. It's gonna be fun to watch. I just hope he stays off the flippin ground and gets through lame ass A1 injury-free.

JGR is the best team in motocross/supercross. Fact.
|
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
12/11/2011 6:38pm
False on JGR being the BEST team in motocross/supercross, but they are ONE of the best.
bullpen58
12/11/2011 6:40pm
I disagree. They have Joe Gibbs!!! That alone is worthy of making them the best, throw in their NASCAR team resources which enable them to make just about anything they want from scratch and voila, best team. All done in-house.

The only way they could be better would be if they gave ME some support.
mx757
12/11/2011 6:46pm
False on JGR being the BEST team in motocross/supercross, but they are ONE of the best.
And what 2 rider team do you think is better off?
Motodave15
12/11/2011 6:51pm
bullpen58 wrote:
In my supremely expert opinion, Davi is gonna have a good year. He is laughing and joking and clowning around on those JGR videos. Looks like...
In my supremely expert opinion, Davi is gonna have a good year. He is laughing and joking and clowning around on those JGR videos. Looks like he is happy and having fun. The guy is one of the most talented dudes out there but always seems a bit of a head case (no offense to DM). I predict he is gonna be on rails this season.

Plus, we have all seen countless other guys step their game up when their current team hires someone even better than they are. I fully expect that riding and practicing alongside JS all the time is gonna boost his speed even more. It's gonna be fun to watch. I just hope he stays off the flippin ground and gets through lame ass A1 injury-free.

i have to agree, because when hill rode with stewy..his racing was dramatically better.

The Shop

12/11/2011 6:54pm
mx757 wrote:
In SX, I think RV and Weimer is also a good pair. And Canard and Brayton as well. Who is better remains to be seen, but I reckon we will begin to find out in about a month.
bullpen58
12/11/2011 6:57pm
Motodave15 wrote:
i have to agree, because when hill rode with stewy..his racing was dramatically better.
Exactly! And there has been countless other examples dating back to pre-historic times.
bullpen58
12/11/2011 6:58pm
mx757 wrote:
In SX, I think RV and Weimer is also a good pair. And Canard and Brayton as well. Who is better remains to be seen, but...
In SX, I think RV and Weimer is also a good pair. And Canard and Brayton as well. Who is better remains to be seen, but I reckon we will begin to find out in about a month.
I was not referring to the talent level of the riders on the TEAM but the team itself. JGR could have Elmer Fudd and ME racing for them and they would still be the best team.
Crush
12/11/2011 7:02pm
He looks a lot lighter which must be nice...
Hando
12/11/2011 7:25pm
in a few years..JGR will be one of the best teams as the factory efforts diminish even more
Matt Wozney
12/11/2011 7:27pm
They are looking relaxed and ready to shake things up. Liking that team more and more each year. Davi looked real relaxed in that video. Good to see from his unlucky past recently.
Sully
12/11/2011 7:48pm
bullpen58 wrote:
In my supremely expert opinion, Davi is gonna have a good year. He is laughing and joking and clowning around on those JGR videos. Looks like...

I would argue that not having the pressure of being the number one guy on the team will have as big of an effect (if not more) on Davi than riding with James. He should do really well this year.
bullpen58
12/11/2011 7:53pm
Sully wrote:
I would argue that not having the pressure of being the number one guy on the team will have as big of an effect (if not...
I would argue that not having the pressure of being the number one guy on the team will have as big of an effect (if not more) on Davi than riding with James. He should do really well this year.
Excellent point. I agree with you 100%.
12/11/2011 8:04pm
Motodave15 wrote:
bullpen58 wrote:
Exactly! And there has been countless other examples dating back to pre-historic times.
Ya think the fact that if he didnt place high he didnt get paid might have been important too?
12/11/2011 8:11pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I was not referring to the talent level of the riders on the TEAM but the team itself. JGR could have Elmer Fudd and ME racing...
I was not referring to the talent level of the riders on the TEAM but the team itself. JGR could have Elmer Fudd and ME racing for them and they would still be the best team.
I agree that they are a great team, but to say that the talent is not an important aspect of a great team seems somewhat lacking. Surely being the best team involves having the best all around package.
bullpen58
12/11/2011 8:15pm
I agree that they are a great team, but to say that the talent is not an important aspect of a great team seems somewhat lacking...
I agree that they are a great team, but to say that the talent is not an important aspect of a great team seems somewhat lacking. Surely being the best team involves having the best all around package.
Touche. I was being sarcastic, but point duly noted.
exsarg
12/11/2011 8:32pm
davy has 9 lives. this is his last one. he wont be able to go the nik wey route cause he aint popular enough. seems like anyone who has won a sx will keep getting rides no matter what. the guy has had more excuses then carter has pills. never new what the carter reference meant but i thru it in there anyway.
12/11/2011 9:21pm
Crush wrote:
He looks a lot lighter which must be nice...
Davi look's very light! Hopefully he can have a great year. He's one of those guys l'd put in the group that has the talent and speed to win but for some reason not consistently up there. I'd put him, Grant, and even Hill up there although Hill usually is consistent and Windham to any of those guys can win on a given night but never do it consistently!
12/11/2011 9:21pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I was not referring to the talent level of the riders on the TEAM but the team itself. JGR could have Elmer Fudd and ME racing...
If Elmer caught that wascily wabbit before A1 then I'd say he'd be pretty confident in shooting for a podium.

Davi rocks.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
12/11/2011 9:22pm
Thats what i hear every year about davi..........just sayingTongue
mx5471
12/11/2011 9:52pm
Milsaps will never win a championship. He never could before his injuries, and never will now, no matter who he races for. His mother is the champion, making a fortune, "training " kids that will go no where. He's been passed up by the younger riders. If his name wasn't Milsaps, he would be a privateer trying to get sponsors. Good rider, but a disappointment, considering his background. Even a miracle wouldn't get him top 3.
12/11/2011 9:58pm
If you actually look at all of the 450 teams out there, JGR is technically the best. I think they are the only team to have 2 riders that have won 450 SX races, and championships, albeit, DM's is on the Lites bike. But by virtue of actual results they would be classified as the best.

That would actually be an interesting topic. To rank the teams both in SX and Lites class based on the riders they currently employ and what results they have had. Base everything off of their current class they are racing and assign points based off of each top 5 finish in that class. This would take a bit of work, and more so in the SX class.

Example, Reed and KW even though they are only single rider 450 teams, they have each been around long enough to earn a bunch of points. Off the top of my head Reed might have this one in the bag.

Anyone want to take a shot at it?
12/11/2011 9:59pm
mx5471 wrote:
Milsaps will never win a championship. He never could before his injuries, and never will now, no matter who he races for. His mother is the...
Milsaps will never win a championship. He never could before his injuries, and never will now, no matter who he races for. His mother is the champion, making a fortune, "training " kids that will go no where. He's been passed up by the younger riders. If his name wasn't Milsaps, he would be a privateer trying to get sponsors. Good rider, but a disappointment, considering his background. Even a miracle wouldn't get him top 3.
CR250Rider
12/11/2011 11:57pm
Davi is due for a very big year
Go DM !!!!!!!!
mccread
12/12/2011 3:26am
I would say Factory KTM are the best team, they have Cairoli, Herlings, Nagl, Van Horebeck, Tixier, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin.

Plus Stefan Everts, Pit Beirer and Roger Decoster running the teams.

You just don't get better than that. And because they aren't Japanese they can make everything in house too.

As for Millsaps, I hope he has a great yar, he is so talented. I am just not sure he has the self confidence and total focus needed to be a title contender.
Predator
12/12/2011 4:48am
mccread wrote:
I would say Factory KTM are the best team, they have Cairoli, Herlings, Nagl, Van Horebeck, Tixier, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin. Plus Stefan Everts, Pit Beirer...
I would say Factory KTM are the best team, they have Cairoli, Herlings, Nagl, Van Horebeck, Tixier, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin.

Plus Stefan Everts, Pit Beirer and Roger Decoster running the teams.

You just don't get better than that. And because they aren't Japanese they can make everything in house too.

As for Millsaps, I hope he has a great yar, he is so talented. I am just not sure he has the self confidence and total focus needed to be a title contender.
^^^ this
spd721
12/12/2011 6:12am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2011 6:30am
I hope he has a great season but I bet at A1 when he finishes 8-14 range and you all start bagging on him.
tblazier
12/12/2011 6:27am
mx757 wrote:
Team Hurricane has them covered.
APLMAN99
12/12/2011 8:00am
I know people can change, but Millsaps had the benefit of working with Carmichael and Decoster and it sure seemed that both made comments about his lack of effort and such. He's definitely got the talent and skill to run with most everyone on the track "sometimes", but can he put forth that effort nearly every single week for about 9 months? History sort of says otherwise.

I sure hope he proves history wrong this year, he definitely seems like a nice enough kid who might have been better off coming into the pro ranks as more of an unknown instead of trying to live up to the expectations of "Next Big Thing".

Post a reply to: Davi Millsaps: Bright Future

The Latest