Dave?..

lumpy790
7/8/2022 7:23am
ML512 wrote:
I can explain over and over, he refuses to grasp the situation and play victim. He's told not to do something, promises not to and does...
I can explain over and over, he refuses to grasp the situation and play victim. He's told not to do something, promises not to and does it immediately as soon as he's unlocked. There's a point where you can't let someone just keep on keeping on when they're constantly causing issues.
lumpy790 wrote:
That explains nothing. Plain and simple…… what exactly did he do to cause you to kill him on this forum? Since Dave and I are both...
That explains nothing.

Plain and simple…… what exactly did he do to cause you to kill him on this forum?

Since Dave and I are both in the same positions as sponsors of this site how do I protect myself from having this same thing happening to me???

FOR THE RECORD …… All I have done is ask questions.
ns503 wrote:
It seems pretty well explained to me. Along with other replies in the thread.

Maybe you could explain how Dave sponsors this place?
Dave and I have been friends for over 20 years since the TFS Motonews days. I believe that may have even been before vital even existed? On Motonews to be a member you had to pay to be a member there to keep the lights on.

Our companies are Moto related companies and others like us have been Vital advertisers for many many years all paying monthly fees that you could say are keep the lights on here.

Dave sold the company and the new owners are still paying its just not him him anymore.
TXDirt
7/8/2022 7:29am
lumpy790 wrote:
That explains nothing. Plain and simple…… what exactly did he do to cause you to kill him on this forum? Since Dave and I are both...
That explains nothing.

Plain and simple…… what exactly did he do to cause you to kill him on this forum?

Since Dave and I are both in the same positions as sponsors of this site how do I protect myself from having this same thing happening to me???

ns503 wrote:
It seems pretty well explained to me. Along with other replies in the thread.

Maybe you could explain how Dave sponsors this place?
lumpy790 wrote:
Dave and I have been friends for over 20 years since the TFS Motonews days. I believe that may have even been before vital even existed...
Dave and I have been friends for over 20 years since the TFS Motonews days. I believe that may have even been before vital even existed? On Motonews to be a member you had to pay to be a member there to keep the lights on.

Our companies are Moto related companies and others like us have been Vital advertisers for many many years all paying monthly fees that you could say are keep the lights on here.

Dave sold the company and the new owners are still paying its just not him him anymore.
So he isn’t a sponsor of the site then. You took the long road to clarify that. You clearly misspoke earlier.

It’s not “his company” any longer as you have stated now. So no need to keep referring to you and Dave as “our companies” in the present these. That’s not true.

Further, being a sponsor doesn’t give you the right to post slanderous content on Instagram about Vital, the staff, and the members.
Chance1216
7/8/2022 8:46am
TXDirt wrote:
So he isn’t a sponsor of the site then. You took the long road to clarify that. You clearly misspoke earlier. It’s not “his company” any...
So he isn’t a sponsor of the site then. You took the long road to clarify that. You clearly misspoke earlier.

It’s not “his company” any longer as you have stated now. So no need to keep referring to you and Dave as “our companies” in the present these. That’s not true.

Further, being a sponsor doesn’t give you the right to post slanderous content on Instagram about Vital, the staff, and the members.
My favorite is seeing one of these sponsors try to highjack a build thread and use it as a platform to endorse their product.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/8/2022 10:18am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 10:19am
lumpy790 wrote:
That explains nothing.

Threatening to shoot members of the forum was not a great option. Refusing to understand why users were angry with him, constantly attacking other members over countering opinions then crying wolf when he was attacked in return. Being unlocked and told stay out of non-moto for a few days, then posting in and starting wars within an hour of being let out. Constantly derailing everyone's threads in non-moto if they didn't agree with him. I was getting at least 15-20 email complaints about him a day.

No, he didn't come out and directly break posted rules. He did try to wiggle through the middle of them as much as possible and sometimes when you have a poison in a community, you have to rid them for the communities own good and himself.

When I rejoined the staff I was warned not to let him back in by GuyB but I gave him a chance. I think I gave him three to four chances...

Yes, Dave was a supporter of the website from near day one and that is appreciated but that doesn't give someone free pass to be destructive in the community.

And to answer your question about how to not have that happen to you? Just keep being you Lumpy, you've always been a solid contributor (I don't mean that financially, I mean you as a person and your posting) and I don't see anything that would change that.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
7/8/2022 10:28am
lumpy790 wrote:
That explains nothing.

ML512 wrote:
Threatening to shoot members of the forum was not a great option. Refusing to understand why users were angry with him, constantly attacking other members over...
Threatening to shoot members of the forum was not a great option. Refusing to understand why users were angry with him, constantly attacking other members over countering opinions then crying wolf when he was attacked in return. Being unlocked and told stay out of non-moto for a few days, then posting in and starting wars within an hour of being let out. Constantly derailing everyone's threads in non-moto if they didn't agree with him. I was getting at least 15-20 email complaints about him a day.

No, he didn't come out and directly break posted rules. He did try to wiggle through the middle of them as much as possible and sometimes when you have a poison in a community, you have to rid them for the communities own good and himself.

When I rejoined the staff I was warned not to let him back in by GuyB but I gave him a chance. I think I gave him three to four chances...

Yes, Dave was a supporter of the website from near day one and that is appreciated but that doesn't give someone free pass to be destructive in the community.

And to answer your question about how to not have that happen to you? Just keep being you Lumpy, you've always been a solid contributor (I don't mean that financially, I mean you as a person and your posting) and I don't see anything that would change that.
Emailing complaints about another member is weak .
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2022 10:50am
lumpy790 wrote:
That explains nothing.

ML512 wrote:
Threatening to shoot members of the forum was not a great option. Refusing to understand why users were angry with him, constantly attacking other members over...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Not when someone threatens to kill people, or when people start throwing personal attacks to one another, or when racists, homophobic, etc. post are made.

There's no place for that on the forums.

I'm not just talking about Dave.
plowboy
7/8/2022 10:51am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Email sentEvilSilly
ATKpilot99
7/8/2022 11:14am
ML512 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not when someone threatens to kill people, or when people start throwing personal attacks to one another, or when racists, homophobic, etc. post are made. There's...
Not when someone threatens to kill people, or when people start throwing personal attacks to one another, or when racists, homophobic, etc. post are made.

If someone is personally threatened or their family by private message I can see it . If it's about things in the open forum I just think that should take care of itself .
swordfish
7/8/2022 11:32am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 11:45am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not when someone threatens to kill people, or when people start throwing personal attacks to one another, or when racists, homophobic, etc. post are made. There's...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
If someone is personally threatened or their family by private message I can see it . If it's about things in the open forum I just...
If someone is personally threatened or their family by private message I can see it . If it's about things in the open forum I just think that should take care of itself .

A threat is a threat. Don’t complain when there are repercussions. Luckily for Dave is was just a ban instead of someone breaking down his door and pistol whipping him or worse.
lumpy790
7/8/2022 11:45am
Reason I brought this all up is every year Dave has a post helpful hints for going to Loretta Lynns that is beneficial to every person that attends and now he can not do it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2022 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 12:35pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Reason I brought this all up is every year Dave has a post helpful hints for going to Loretta Lynns that is beneficial to every person...
Reason I brought this all up is every year Dave has a post helpful hints for going to Loretta Lynns that is beneficial to every person that attends and now he can not do it.
Search for the one he did last year or the year before and just bump it up as a reminder.

Edit:

Here's the one he started back in 2012. Last post in it was made back in 2018.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/ANNUAL-LORETTA-LYNNS-PRE…
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2022 12:30pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
If someone is personally threatened or their family by private message I can see it . If it's about things in the open forum I just...
People need to realize that Vital MX still has a certain image that it has to keep. For that to happen, sometimes some of the things that get posted need to disappear.

You would be surprised at some of the stuff that gets posted and deleted.

Racial slurs, members telling other members to go kill themselves, white supremacists, etc.
lumpy790
7/8/2022 12:36pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Reason I brought this all up is every year Dave has a post helpful hints for going to Loretta Lynns that is beneficial to every person...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Search for the one he did last year or the year before and just bump it up as a reminder. Edit: Here's the one he started...
Search for the one he did last year or the year before and just bump it up as a reminder.

Edit:

sorry but that is not fair for him if it is done.
swordfish
7/8/2022 12:38pm
lumpy790 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Search for the one he did last year or the year before and just bump it up as a reminder. Edit: Here's the one he started...

Edit:

lumpy790 wrote:
Start your own.
Joey_Bridges
7/8/2022 12:39pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Let it go, dude.
Let it frikkin go.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2022 12:49pm
lumpy790 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Edit:

lumpy790 wrote:
TFB.
nytsmaC
7/8/2022 1:27pm
lumpy790 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Edit:

lumpy790 wrote:
Dave has been given a lot of chances on here. Pretending that you don’t understand why he’s not here anymore is silly, you’re smarter than that.

I don’t care either way, but I sure as hell understand. He makes a mess every time.

If I sponsored the site I would not presume it would give me free reign to post like an asshole and be insufferable. This isn’t Nam, Smokey, there are rules.
Chance1216
7/8/2022 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 2:00pm
I’m slowly seeing why you two are friends.
But, but, but whyyyyyyyy?????🙄
NvHermit
Fantasy
4198th
7/8/2022 2:09pm
Hey Lumpy, remember when you said you were gonna kick my ass ?

You still violent ?
lumpy790
7/8/2022 3:26pm
NvHermit wrote:

You still violent ?
Woohoo You still fishing Dirty?

NvHermit
Fantasy
4198th
7/8/2022 3:36pm
NvHermit wrote:

You still violent ?
lumpy790 wrote:
Woohoo You still fishing Dirty?

It's Rick you big dummy, 88s dad, but I guess you have a list of people you wanna beat up so it's hard to remember everyone.
TeamGreen
7/8/2022 5:37pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Email sentEvilSilly
Jerk!

You made me spit perfectly good beer all over my monitor!

Silly
pelted
7/8/2022 6:21pm
Social media, including this message board, exacerbate some people's mental illness. As was already stated upthread, some people don't have the ability on social media to STFU or know when enough is enough. There's no consequence.

We all recognize that behavior as shit-stirring, which in years past was easily managed in-person up close and personal.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/8/2022 8:49pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Dave and I have been friends for over 20 years since the TFS Motonews days. I believe that may have even been before vital even existed...

Lumpy, I’d just like to ask if you’ll be continuing to stir the pot on behalf of the MX Asylum?
J. Sloan
7/8/2022 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2022 9:11pm
ML512 wrote:
Lumpy, I’d just like to ask if you’ll be continuing to stir the pot on behalf of the MX Asylum?
I promise I won't delete this...but on a scale of 1 to Dave, where do I stand?
TeamGreen
7/8/2022 8:53pm
lumpy790 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
There it is.

That’s the place where Dave and his minions would “cancel” people that didn’t agree with their “narrative follower” bs.

Good times.
SEEMEFIRST
7/8/2022 9:26pm
lumpy790 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
There it is.

That’s the place where Dave and his minions would “cancel” people that didn’t agree with their “narrative follower” bs.

Good times.
Manny, Dave loved having me around, but for all the wrong reasons.
You remember that he couldn't excommunicate me because it would piss too many people off.

Weird times indeed.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
7/9/2022 7:09am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2022 7:18am
TeamGreen wrote:
There it is.

Good times.
Yes, I was there and saw it.

Clipped most all dissenting voices.

Bashed vital, bashed trump every other word. Don't you dare disagree because his minions would swarm.

His being Clipped is laughable . . .

Post a reply to: Dave?..

The Latest