Davalos to Pro Circuit Kawi, back to the 250?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2017 9:36 PM

Heard some crazy inside rumors that this deal is happening. Any other sources out there?

|

8/22/2017 9:39 PM

Joseph_Nazarak wrote:

Heard some crazy inside rumors that this deal is happening. Any other sources out there?

Been talked about all week

|

8/22/2017 9:51 PM

I think it's done, taking Hill's spot.

|

8/22/2017 10:02 PM

ML512 wrote:

I think it's done, taking Hill's spot.

I'm so confused.

|

8/22/2017 10:33 PM

ML512 wrote:

I think it's done, taking Hill's spot.

JMR1976 wrote:

I'm so confused.

Martin is 250's for life dawg......wink

|

Did i do that?

8/22/2017 10:57 PM

He can't get a good paying 450 ride with the current team situations.

Who's he going to replace in the 450 class?

Kawasaki:
Tomac
Grant

Honda:
Roczen
Seely

Geico Honda:
Jeremy Martin

KTM:
Musquin
Tickle

Rocky MTN KTM:
Baggett
Bloss

Husqvarna:
Anderson
Wilson

Yamaha:
Webb
Millsaps

JGR/Suzuki:
Open Spot
Peick

MCR Honda:
Brayton
Friese
Weimer

450 Free agents:
Bogle
Barcia
Reed
Malcolm Stewart
James Stewart
Alessi

|

8/22/2017 11:09 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

He can't get a good paying 450 ride with the current team situations.

Who's he going to replace in the 450 class?

Kawasaki:
Tomac
Grant

Honda:
Roczen
Seely

Geico Honda:
Jeremy Martin

KTM:
Musquin
Tickle

Rocky MTN KTM:
Baggett
Bloss

Husqvarna:
Anderson
Wilson

Yamaha:
Webb
Millsaps

JGR/Suzuki:
Open Spot
Peick

MCR Honda:
Brayton
Friese
Weimer

450 Free agents:
Bogle
Barcia
Reed
Malcolm Stewart
James Stewart
Alessi

Alessi is sitting out supercross

|

8/22/2017 11:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 1:11 AM

Will this be his third go around with team PC? That's crazy either way.

*Edit, it's only his second. The only brand that he hasn't raced is Honda.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/23/2017 12:11 AM

Dude has looked pretty damn good on the 450

|

8/23/2017 12:14 AM

Why not stay 450... he has been on it all year .

Maybe its a carrot for the young guys ...

|

8/23/2017 12:20 AM

Getting a ride with PC Kawi is usually a dream but Davalos is thriving in the 450's! It's frustrating that he can't secure a decent ride, especially considering his massive improvements.

|

8/23/2017 12:50 AM

Only way Davalos will win 250 title is train with Aldon Baker and loose that babyfat. Its crazy why PC dont have their own training program build in.

|

8/23/2017 1:15 AM

Hahahaha, holy shitballs, how has this guy never pointed out of 250SX?

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

8/23/2017 1:19 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

Getting a ride with PC Kawi is usually a dream but Davalos is thriving in the 450's! It's frustrating that he can't secure a decent ride, especially considering his massive improvements.

Probably can't get a 450 ride coz he's spent too long in the lites class. Type cast you could say.

|

8/23/2017 2:52 AM

He deserves the 450 more than Deano. Maybe Davalos needs to do more social media crap..other than nudes

|

8/23/2017 3:04 AM

Jrewing wrote:

He deserves the 450 more than Deano. Maybe Davalos needs to do more social media crap..other than nudes

this actually made me laugh grin
But it's true,he really deserves a shot in the 450 class.

|

8/23/2017 3:47 AM

Jrewing wrote:

He deserves the 450 more than Deano. Maybe Davalos needs to do more social media crap..other than nudes

More then deano? Deano is sitting 4th in points that's pretty damn good for a dude who is just trying to get a full season under his belt. Deano will be a force next year.

|

8/23/2017 4:03 AM

Pc should least build him a 450 for outdoors.

|

8/23/2017 4:56 AM

ML512 wrote:

I think it's done, taking Hill's spot.

JMR1976 wrote:

I'm so confused.

Pumped that he has a good ride again....but can't help but say wtf??? His 450 outdoor rides have been incredible, why not factory KTM, or RMATV KTM??? This is a little like going back out with the old girlfriend that dumped you or you dumped her, I don't think it matters. I hope he can win a title that would be some amazing stuff.

|

8/23/2017 4:59 AM

Osborne is racing 450 next year outdoor , taking Davalos spot at Husky

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/23/2017 4:59 AM

I honestly think Marty rides better on the 450. Would have been interesting to see how he would have faired in SX on the big bike.

Now he´s going back to 250s and will once again be a top10-top5 guy outdoors and podiumthreat indoors but havent we seen this now for more than a decade?

|

8/23/2017 5:18 AM

How is this even possible? The new 250 class eligibility rule change?

"Geico Honda:
Jeremy Martin"

Isn't JM staying down again in the 250's?

|

8/23/2017 5:21 AM

Paul333 wrote:

How is this even possible? The new 250 class eligibility rule change?

"Geico Honda:
Jeremy Martin"

Isn't JM staying down again in the 250's?

J-mart is 250 for SX but 450 for outdoors I think

|

8/23/2017 5:23 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

J-mart is 250 for SX but 450 for outdoors I think

I certainly hope so.

|

8/23/2017 5:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 5:32 AM

It's funny how so many of you just assume that he had a 450 offer on the table(factory equipment).

|

8/23/2017 5:30 AM

Motofinne wrote:

It's funny how so many of you just assume that he had a 450 offer on the table(factory equipment).

I´m not assuming he did, just stated the fact that I´d love to see what he would have done in the 450s.

That beeing said I dont think he would have any problem getting a semi-top team ride like Rock River or Tedder or something similar but I guess you have to pay your bills too tongue.

We need more semi-factory teams like RMATV or Cycle Trader (I know RMATV is basically factory now). More really good non-factory bikes to fill all the great riders out there. Right now you either have a full factory bike or you go privateer.

|

8/23/2017 5:38 AM

Maybe i didnt see the memo
Or forgot, but apparently husky is dumping the 250 program and lining up 3 450
Riders????

I know it costs money to run them but they get almost as much exposure from the 250 class. But i am sure they have reasons. I would go 2 and 2.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/23/2017 5:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 5:41 AM

Motofinne wrote:

It's funny how so many of you just assume that he had a 450 offer on the table(factory equipment).

Ray_MXS wrote:

I´m not assuming he did, just stated the fact that I´d love to see what he would have done in the 450s.

That beeing said I dont think he would have any problem getting a semi-top team ride like Rock River or Tedder or something similar but I guess you have to pay your bills too tongue.

We need more semi-factory teams like RMATV or Cycle Trader (I know RMATV is basically factory now). More really good non-factory bikes to fill all the great riders out there. Right now you either have a full factory bike or you go privateer.

Yeah i'm not pointing at you specifically, i'm pointing at all the people that instantly says "Marty being Marty again and staying down". I really think that he would move up fulltime on a 450 if he would get a decent salary, good bonus program and factory level equipment. I think he said that on the PulpMX show when he was on there.


You can't put RMATV and Cycle Trader in the same sentence, RMATV has been a factory backed satellite team for multiple years with factory bikes for all their riders. Cycle Trader is a really good team and much needed in the sport but at the same time far from what RMATV is. I don't know why, but KTM seems to be the only OEM willing to fund or at least have a factory satellite team out there. Like you say, we need more of factory satellite teams like RMATV or stable "B-level" teams like Cycle Trader!

And remove the pointing out rules from the 250 class!

|

8/23/2017 6:10 AM

Why is pro circuit signing useless riders and letting hill go to another team? Frustrating as hell from a huge kawi fan.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

8/23/2017 6:15 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah i'm not pointing at you specifically, i'm pointing at all the people that instantly says "Marty being Marty again and staying down". I really think that he would move up fulltime on a 450 if he would get a decent salary, good bonus program and factory level equipment. I think he said that on the PulpMX show when he was on there.


You can't put RMATV and Cycle Trader in the same sentence, RMATV has been a factory backed satellite team for multiple years with factory bikes for all their riders. Cycle Trader is a really good team and much needed in the sport but at the same time far from what RMATV is. I don't know why, but KTM seems to be the only OEM willing to fund or at least have a factory satellite team out there. Like you say, we need more of factory satellite teams like RMATV or stable "B-level" teams like Cycle Trader!

And remove the pointing out rules from the 250 class!

Yeah you´re right RMATV is way above every other non-factory team.

Just look at MXGP with the amount of factory-backed satellite team.
Every brand has at least one or more competitive satellite team in both classes.

I can hardly think of any proper stable B-teams or satellite teams for 450s in the US. Traders Racing but thats about it, the rest is pretty much to my knowledge either privateers or factory teams.

|