Davalos Might Miss Toronto

TeamGreen
3/11/2016 10:28am
If that is the case, Martin still has only himself to blame. You never let "others" take full control. You hire them to help you, but...
If that is the case, Martin still has only himself to blame. You never let "others" take full control. You hire them to help you, but you need to make sure everything is happening as stated. Once you get a case # from the fed gov, you can call them to get any information about where you are in the process. They will tell you expected wait times etc. You can also pay extra to have the process expedited. It isn't that much money.
TeamGreen wrote:
In your world it would seem that there's never any complications brought on by change of status of inept professionals. Nice world, yours. In the real...
In your world it would seem that there's never any complications brought on by change of status of inept professionals.

Nice world, yours.

In the real world, crazy shit happens all the time & sometimes people lie.
My solution to that is, I don't trust anybody, ever. But, if that is too cynical for you, you can trust but verify. Its not that...
My solution to that is, I don't trust anybody, ever. But, if that is too cynical for you, you can trust but verify.

Its not that my world has no issue, but as RC always said, you make your own luck.

Cynicism?

Shit, we might be brothers.

I'm with ya; but, even you have to have been let down or "really disaplointed" by someone you trusted...

Hence, we are now "Cynics".
OldYZRider1
3/11/2016 10:50am
I imagine he really got shut down cause they thought he was bringing a Husky 250cc 2 stroke in. A Pro MXer from America with a 250 2 stroke? That shit ain't happenin in Canada you know.
TeamGreen
3/11/2016 10:52am
I imagine he really got shut down cause they thought he was bringing a Husky 250cc 2 stroke in. A Pro MXer from America with a...
I imagine he really got shut down cause they thought he was bringing a Husky 250cc 2 stroke in. A Pro MXer from America with a 250 2 stroke? That shit ain't happenin in Canada you know.
Funny!
Rooster
3/11/2016 12:01pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I thought Canada would let anyone in?

I thought Wilsons problem was getting back in America?
They more or less will, unless it's for work, then you need a visa or a temporary work permit. I've had to get the work permit's before for people I've brought into Canada. They're cheap and easy to get.

Wilson's problem was not having a proper work visa in the US, so they wouldn't let him back in. With Wilson's Canadian passport he had no problem getting into Canada, it was the return trip to the US that caused the problem. He didn't have the US work visa.

Given that Davalos isn't either an American or Canadian citizen he could have any number of issues with crossing borders. We'll only know the truth if they come clean themselves.

The Shop

Rooster
3/11/2016 12:22pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me Mama C! I've dealt with immigration on both sides of the border and they take their sweet time.
I made the mistake of not checking my passport this Christmas. Start packing day before the trip and notice my passport expired a week ago. Within 24 hours I managed to get my passport photos taken and while I had to pay a rush charge and show proof of travel (paid ticket) that required the rush service I also had my passport ready.

Shoot the guys had already called my references within an hour of me leaving the passport office.

Then can take their time sometimes, but they can also get shit done fast when you're in a pinch. I was impressed!
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
3/11/2016 12:29pm
How do these guys get expired visas and not renew them at the beginning of the year. it takes many weeks or even 2 months to get that approved by the government. They know at the beginning of Anaheim that they are going to be going out of country for the Toronto round. Why wait? You're telling me these guys "forget" about it? c'mon...
Berm
Fantasy
82nd
3/11/2016 12:34pm
nrosso391 wrote:
How do these guys get expired visas and not renew them at the beginning of the year. it takes many weeks or even 2 months to...
How do these guys get expired visas and not renew them at the beginning of the year. it takes many weeks or even 2 months to get that approved by the government. They know at the beginning of Anaheim that they are going to be going out of country for the Toronto round. Why wait? You're telling me these guys "forget" about it? c'mon...
he has an expired visa? That only lets him stay in the US anyway and would not allow him to cross into Canada regardless of whether or not it's expired.
Lightning78
3/11/2016 12:43pm
On the bright side, it reduces his chance of having to race 450 next year.
peelout wrote:
Herlings just invited him to his birthday party at the beach
You mean his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese?
500guy
3/11/2016 1:25pm
Rooster wrote:
They more or less will, unless it's for work, then you need a visa or a temporary work permit. I've had to get the work permit's...
They more or less will, unless it's for work, then you need a visa or a temporary work permit. I've had to get the work permit's before for people I've brought into Canada. They're cheap and easy to get.

Wilson's problem was not having a proper work visa in the US, so they wouldn't let him back in. With Wilson's Canadian passport he had no problem getting into Canada, it was the return trip to the US that caused the problem. He didn't have the US work visa.

Given that Davalos isn't either an American or Canadian citizen he could have any number of issues with crossing borders. We'll only know the truth if they come clean themselves.
When they put a PR out that just say's "personal reasons" We pretty much know We are never going to know the truth.
3/11/2016 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 4:46pm
canadian immigration stalled / effed deano

Its been all downhill for Deano's career since that happened to him.

Remember!! Deano did not have a Scottish accent before that happened to him!

He basically disowned Canada , picked up an accent and the rest is history.

Hope Davalos gets this sorted!
Mit12
3/11/2016 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 7:11pm
Flatliner wrote:
The team could and should have had this handeled ages ago.
First off we are not talking about going to Canada to visit. Davalos is going to do his job in Canada. Canada has strict rules with performing work in their country, I delt with it in my job. In saying that, the team is not responsible for getting their riders a work visa. I may be wrong but I do not think anyone can get you a work visa.
3/11/2016 8:11pm
You'd think after his 15th year in the 250 class he'd have this stuff sorted by now...

Maybe next year he'll get his 250 championship. 16th time's the charm Wink
BobPA
3/11/2016 8:15pm
You'd think after his 15th year in the 250 class he'd have this stuff sorted by now... Maybe next year he'll get his 250 championship. 16th...
You'd think after his 15th year in the 250 class he'd have this stuff sorted by now...

Maybe next year he'll get his 250 championship. 16th time's the charm Wink
Douche
Fearo
3/12/2016 2:30am
I imagine he really got shut down cause they thought he was bringing a Husky 250cc 2 stroke in. A Pro MXer from America with a...

Dude at the border would be like:

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
3/12/2016 10:44am
RacerX tweet
We've heard VISA issues preventing Davalos from racing here, but Hewitt saying"personal reasons, he is with his family."
bob567
3/12/2016 1:30pm
crusty_xx wrote:
RacerX tweet
We've heard VISA issues preventing Davalos from racing here, but Hewitt saying"personal reasons, he is with his family."
yeah on suicide watch - all these years and now in a position for the title only to forget about doing the paperwork.
Twist1
3/12/2016 2:05pm
Trump is such a bastard.
Hallzilla
3/12/2016 3:47pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Then he shoulda been working on it for 12 months! What? is he here in America illegally? Because passports aren't that difficult! If he's here legally...
Then he shoulda been working on it for 12 months!

What? is he here in America illegally? Because passports aren't that difficult!

If he's here legally, he can easily get back in.
If he has overstayed his travel visa he has real problems.
JM485 wrote:
I was literally about to post "then some idiot will say he should have been working on it for a year", and lo and behold, somebody...
I was literally about to post "then some idiot will say he should have been working on it for a year", and lo and behold, somebody beat me to it! Not only that, but it's the guy who has never contributed anything of substance to any topic what-so-ever. You can't make this stuff up bros!Laughing
kkawboy14 wrote:
Your contribution here is awesome!
The polar opposite of you.
Ashleymx
3/13/2016 8:26am
Anyone think the way they handled this in the broadcast was ridiculous? At the start of the show they say they'll have more on it soon building some suspense. We then go to Jenny Taft who speaks with Bobby Hewitt only to say he's with his family in Florida due to personal issues. To me that leads the viewers thinking a family member has died or something.

I actually thought we'd find out exactly what happened lol. We all know it's a Visa/immigration type issue which could be a million different things. Now the TV viewers at home think something truly horrible happened instead of the truth.
kongols
3/13/2016 9:14am
crusty_xx wrote:
RacerX tweet
bob567 wrote:
yeah on suicide watch - all these years and now in a position for the title only to forget about doing the paperwork.
Trey`s mom said, they`ve been working on it for past six month.

Post a reply to: Davalos Might Miss Toronto

The Latest