Darryn Durham is a bad dude! (Alta at Slamfest)

9/9/2017 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 1:38pm
During practice/qualifying, Darryn Durham has this insane launch over a huge wall berm at Slamfest today. Somehow he landed this and rode away! Badass!

|
Crush
9/10/2017 3:46am
No engine braking? haha

The Shop

Johnny Depp
9/10/2017 6:01am
Where is that left hand rear brake when you need it?
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
9/10/2017 7:34am
Crush wrote:
No engine braking? haha
Yeah. I imagine his brain was expecting it but the bike wasn't giving any.
RPM68
9/10/2017 8:22am
Bring out the nets!
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/10/2017 12:39pm
I did that at pala over a huge berm the first time I rode the Alta haha
yzjs7
9/10/2017 3:24pm
No engine braking and does that bike have a clutch?
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/10/2017 3:27pm
yzjs7 wrote:
No engine braking and does that bike have a clutch?
Nope.
brocster
9/10/2017 9:21pm
He was hauling the mail on that thing. Whipping and scrubbing everything. Saw the video happen in real time. Attempted to quad into the corner came up a tad short and got a back wheel hop. No brakes into the corner and tried to rail it for the save it seemed. Glad he is ok and anyone around. He made it back out and only tripled from then on out. Was what I thought a respectable showing for the bike.

I rode it three seperate times in the demo area and all I can say is the thing is legit. It's not a novelty and has lots of power. Would love to have it for a day with the suspension set for me to see if I really like it as much as I did yesterday. It was one of the most fun things I have ever done on a "moto"cycle.

Thanks for the demo Alta
tek14
9/10/2017 11:22pm
How they let him race with that weed thing?
Johnny Depp
9/11/2017 8:58am
brocster wrote:
He was hauling the mail on that thing. Whipping and scrubbing everything. Saw the video happen in real time. Attempted to quad into the corner came...
He was hauling the mail on that thing. Whipping and scrubbing everything. Saw the video happen in real time. Attempted to quad into the corner came up a tad short and got a back wheel hop. No brakes into the corner and tried to rail it for the save it seemed. Glad he is ok and anyone around. He made it back out and only tripled from then on out. Was what I thought a respectable showing for the bike.

I rode it three seperate times in the demo area and all I can say is the thing is legit. It's not a novelty and has lots of power. Would love to have it for a day with the suspension set for me to see if I really like it as much as I did yesterday. It was one of the most fun things I have ever done on a "moto"cycle.

Thanks for the demo Alta
dirtdog36
9/11/2017 10:01am
brocster wrote:
He was hauling the mail on that thing. Whipping and scrubbing everything. Saw the video happen in real time. Attempted to quad into the corner came...

Thanks for the demo Alta
I haven't heard how he did in the SLAM... any update??
9/11/2017 10:07am
I believe he got 6th or 7th overall. He beat Alex Ray in moto 2, who was on a 450 and was hauling.

The Slamfest format was different this year. They had 20 guys do a timed qualifying and they only took the top 10 times plus 1 "editor's choice" (which happened to be Darryn). They then ran two 5 lap motos with all 11 guys and combined both moto finishes for the overall.
kkawboy14
9/11/2017 10:10am
brocster wrote:

Thanks for the demo Alta
dirtdog36 wrote:
I haven't heard how he did in the SLAM... any update??

fasterfaster
9/11/2017 12:51pm
I couldn't make it to this one but from what my team told me, Darryn was the only rider to attempt that quad, including all of the folks on 450s. Just not a lot of room to brake before the turn when coming in that hot and with a hop off the landing.

The bike has as much engine braking as the rider wants, up to and past a 450 (though I'm not sure who would want that). Not sure how Darryn had his set up, but I'm sure that wasn't the issue. Glad to see him roll out from behind the berm with a big smile on his face though...
Johnny Depp
9/11/2017 1:32pm
I couldn't make it to this one but from what my team told me, Darryn was the only rider to attempt that quad, including all of...
I couldn't make it to this one but from what my team told me, Darryn was the only rider to attempt that quad, including all of the folks on 450s. Just not a lot of room to brake before the turn when coming in that hot and with a hop off the landing.

The bike has as much engine braking as the rider wants, up to and past a 450 (though I'm not sure who would want that). Not sure how Darryn had his set up, but I'm sure that wasn't the issue. Glad to see him roll out from behind the berm with a big smile on his face though...
Marc, does Alta have any place to look for the latest news etc? You may have noticed the FIM thread.
loftyair
9/11/2017 1:38pm
Nope, at least a few were hitting the quad. I rode the Alta, amazingly quick. Get the weight less, and lower. Better suspension and handling. Longer lasting battery, with a bunch more maps to choose from. Lower the price. 3-5 years with adding those things, no more ice! City tracks coming....!
JB 19
9/11/2017 2:14pm
Crush wrote:
No engine braking? haha
Engine braking can be programmed into the computer. It's too bad they can't get the price down into the 12,000$ range....and throw in a second battery that can changed in a few minutes. I know, asking for a lot.
Homey55
9/11/2017 3:43pm
loftyair wrote:
Nope, at least a few were hitting the quad. I rode the Alta, amazingly quick. Get the weight less, and lower. Better suspension and handling. Longer...
Nope, at least a few were hitting the quad. I rode the Alta, amazingly quick. Get the weight less, and lower. Better suspension and handling. Longer lasting battery, with a bunch more maps to choose from. Lower the price. 3-5 years with adding those things, no more ice! City tracks coming....!
Take a gamble and sell a lot for less profit per unit or sell a few for more profit per unit...it seems they are on the leading edge and have a lot to gain if they can capitalize quickly.

As for City tracks...what if they had a set-up like K-1 where you rent the bike (or bring your own Alta) and ride on their track? That sure would be nice!
fasterfaster
9/11/2017 6:06pm
Marc, does Alta have any place to look for the latest news etc? You may have noticed the FIM thread.
Haven't seen the FIM thread. Point me to it. I don't have much time to join in, but I enjoy it when I'm able to...

Our FB feed is the best place to get the latest, although we do post most of the bigger pieces of coverage to our homepage.
fasterfaster
9/11/2017 6:09pm
loftyair wrote:
Nope, at least a few were hitting the quad. I rode the Alta, amazingly quick. Get the weight less, and lower. Better suspension and handling. Longer...
Glad you were able to ride it!

Yeah, I love the idea of getting MX and SM tracks into the cities. The opportunity to be able to put in laps before or after work would be epic, and could bring a lot more people into (or back into) the sport, especially if you could leave your bike and gear at the track, or like Homey wrote just rent one for the session. We've had a few folks approach us about setting something like that up, and while the only one I know of in process is in San Jose, I think we may start seeing them come online all over the place in the next few years.
Johnny Depp
9/11/2017 8:04pm
Haven't seen the FIM thread. Point me to it. I don't have much time to join in, but I enjoy it when I'm able to... Our...
Haven't seen the FIM thread. Point me to it. I don't have much time to join in, but I enjoy it when I'm able to...

Our FB feed is the best place to get the latest, although we do post most of the bigger pieces of coverage to our homepage.
YZ324
9/11/2017 8:45pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Brandon's back!!!
OMG TOO FUNNY!

Post a reply to: Darryn Durham is a bad dude! (Alta at Slamfest)

The Latest