Darryn Durham

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2017 10:24 PM

I recently had the opportunity to meet Darryn Durham and I must say, he is one rad dude! Such a down to earth guy. I talked to him about the Alta dirt bike that he tested and he said that it absolutely rips! He mentioned that gas powered bikes will always have a presence in motorsports but that electric bikes can definitely compete.

Anyways, Darryn has earned a lifelong fan. Hope he kills it this year.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/10/2017 6:46 AM

Kills it at what? Looks like he is done racing for the most part? I do agree that he is a free personality, and seems like a chill cat.

|

Did i do that?

8/10/2017 7:07 AM

He was riding at milestone last Saturday when I was there, he has a super smooth style and is fast!

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/10/2017 7:18 AM

Still one of my all-time favorite clips.

?ecver=2" width="640" height="360
|

8/10/2017 7:46 AM

So a 25 year old dude gave you a boner? Now we need a thread about it?

|

8/10/2017 9:42 AM

MiketheSituation wrote:

This fucking guy needs a pizza and a nap.

|

8/10/2017 9:47 AM

MiketheSituation wrote:

Sorry for posting about my experience in a forum designed for motocross enthusiasts. Won't happen again smile

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/10/2017 9:48 AM

premiersportsoutlet wrote:

I recently had the opportunity to meet Darryn Durham and I must say, he is one rad dude! Such a down to earth guy. I talked to him about the Alta dirt bike that he tested and he said that it absolutely rips! He mentioned that gas powered bikes will always have a presence in motorsports but that electric bikes can definitely compete.

"Hope he kills it this year"

Kills it where? Does he have plans to race?

Agree on all the good things said about him and he looks great on a bike. If he doesn't race, how does he make money to live??

|

8/10/2017 9:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 9:52 AM

He's racing Surfer X this week and I think he's still racing SX. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard anything of him not racing.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/10/2017 10:02 AM

Ramrod wrote:

Agree on all the good things said about him and he looks great on a bike. If he doesn't race, how does he make money to live??

Pretty sure he's still racing. Plus, many riders don't "make a living racing". They earn money from the companies that pay them to endorse their brands. There is a scholarly journal article that analyzes the difference between traditional sports and modern action sports. It's by Belinda Wheaton, research fellow at University of Brighton.

Basically, she writes about a shift from competition sports to digital content production and the revenue earned from it.

Of course, I'm not saying that racing isn't a crucial component to the success of an athlete. Look at riders like Dungey, Stewart, Tomac, Reed, etc. They all earned millions from racing.

However, look at riders like Axell Hodges and Brett Cue. They are both prime examples of a modern shift to digital content production. Anyway, my main point is that, there are several other ways to "make money" other than racing.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/10/2017 10:04 AM

MiketheSituation wrote:

|

8/11/2017 9:40 AM

Pretty sure he's still racing. Plus, many riders don't "make a living racing". They earn money from the companies that pay them to endorse their brands. There is a scholarly journal article that analyzes the difference between traditional sports and modern action sports. It's by Belinda Wheaton, research fellow at University of Brighton.

Basically, she writes about a shift from competition sports to digital content production and the revenue earned from it.

Of course, I'm not saying that racing isn't a crucial component to the success of an athlete. Look at riders like Dungey, Stewart, Tomac, Reed, etc. They all earned millions from racing.

However, look at riders like Axell Hodges and Brett Cue. They are both prime examples of a modern shift to digital content production. Anyway, my main point is that, there are several other ways to "make money" other than racing.

Thanks, that's a good response.

I was just wondering because these guys need money to live week to week.

|

8/11/2017 10:41 AM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

Agreed! The wooo! is too cool!

|

8/11/2017 1:40 PM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

yak651 wrote:

Agreed! The wooo! is too cool!

Definitely one of the all time best go-pro vids.

|

United States of America

8/11/2017 3:00 PM

Thought I heard from somewhere that is dad is the owner of PR2 suspension or something along those lines...or I could be full of shit.

|

8/11/2017 3:13 PM

Durham is the shit. His form is amassing and the guy simply does it for the right reasons. Hope he makes it back competiy. Wish star or cycle trader would give a ride to the guy

|

8/11/2017 3:20 PM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

Thought I heard from somewhere that is dad is the owner of PR2 suspension or something along those lines...or I could be full of shit.

Yes and his brother Shane does the suspension

|

8/11/2017 5:09 PM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

His dad is the owner of the suspension side of things and the guy who handles the engines name is Jeff I believe. They operate out of two different shops in PA.

|

8/11/2017 5:37 PM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

sixtwentyeight wrote:

His dad is the owner of the suspension side of things and the guy who handles the engines name is Jeff I believe. They operate out of two different shops in PA.

Wasn't sure if I heard right or was making that up lol. Briefly met him a few years back at Highpoint and he seems like a genuinely cool dude and was very approachable and friendly. Absolutely zero signs of arrogance that you sometimes get from these guys.

|

8/11/2017 6:22 PM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

1:15 in that video is how you hit a fucking corner....

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/11/2017 9:36 PM

I can't ever see myself not being a fan after this haha
Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

8/11/2017 11:18 PM

jemcee wrote:

I can't ever see myself not being a fan after this haha
Photo

That pic is rad!! New screen wallpaper for sure!

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/11/2017 11:26 PM

Ramrod wrote:

Ramrod wrote:

Thanks, that's a good response.

I was just wondering because these guys need money to live week to week.

Thanks man. I know, I always wondered that too so I started doing some research and found that action sports account for over $7 billion dollars of the economy. I can't remember if it's national or global but I was amazed! Unfortunately, I think motocross racers are probably some of the lowest paid athletes in the world. sideways

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/11/2017 11:32 PM

That pic is rad!! New screen wallpaper for sure!

In that interview he did with Collier he said when he signed with Pro Circuit some of them actually had that pic as their wallpaper too haha

|

8/23/2018 9:59 PM

Sorry for a Bump! BUT Does any one know who gets photo cred for this photo? Was it taken by a professional photographer?

Ghost

|

8/23/2018 10:07 PM

Ghostrider145 wrote:

Sorry for a Bump! BUT Does any one know who gets photo cred for this photo? Was it taken by a professional photographer?

Ghost

I saved it onto my computer but I really can't remember where from sorry..
The year was 2011 from Thunder Valley if that's any help

|

8/24/2018 12:25 AM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

1:15 in that video is how you hit a fucking corner....

I was going to post that. Watched the vid many times and noticed just now Izzi getting so low.

|

8/24/2018 2:42 PM

MiketheSituation wrote:

Yea those are the rules. That's why there aren't any threads about your mom.

|

8/24/2018 3:00 PM

Expect to see Darryn racing at Straight Rhythm this year.

|

8/24/2018 3:12 PM

MiketheSituation wrote:

Wow what a miserable cunt that guy seems to be ^^^^

That Durham Izzy video is awesome. And I'll never forget him waiving at Rattray (I think) down the start straight. That shit was epic. I argued this in another thread but I think some of these guys that make videos that make riding dirt bikes look like the most fun you could ever have besides having sex with Scarlett Johanssen probably sell the same if not more bikes and gear than the racers do. I think it was a guy from the backwoods of Indiana that was fighting me tooth and nail on that concept.

But I could be wrong.

|