Darian Sanayei to Pro Circuit Kawasaki for the Outdoors.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2020 3:09 PM

With one healthy racer Cameron Mcadoo (Do Doo)
Darian will be going back home (amateurs) with
Pro Circuit. If he could get his, I think it was 2018
speed, he’ll be in the top five, maybe podium. Photo

|

6/25/2020 3:11 PM

That's awesome hope he can take advantage of this and get a ride somewhere next year.

|

6/25/2020 3:14 PM

Sweet!

|

6/25/2020 3:23 PM

Saw him a number of years ago here in WA, always figured he’d make it

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/25/2020 3:27 PM

Darian is without question better outdoors than SX... I hope he can be consistent. But we will certainly see flashes of speed in my opinion. I said that about Covington too. Maybe I should just shut up. wink

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/25/2020 3:31 PM

Opportunity knocks! Good luck Darian.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/25/2020 4:17 PM

His GP career was spoiled by Epstien Barr, its a deserved 2nd chance .

He ripped when he was healthy.

|

6/25/2020 4:42 PM

Even with EB, he led like 8 laps in Russia last season. Wasn’t he already getting a ton of help from PC anyway?

|

6/25/2020 5:00 PM

Happy to hear this. Hopefully he’s completely over, or as over as he can get those health issues. I’d like to see him do well.

|

6/25/2020 5:29 PM

Glad to see this, next in line for a factory ride I would imagine is Brian hsu. So fast but had a back injury a few years ago

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

6/25/2020 5:31 PM

Who would you pick?

|

6/25/2020 5:32 PM

Man that's crazy i was just thinking this yesterday when i was thinking of PC's outdoor roster, he'd be the perfect fit, he's a great dude and he use to get killer starts in MXGP. outdoors is obviously his bread and butter, if he's healthy I think he does great.

|

6/25/2020 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2020 5:42 PM

Jeremy Martin, Justin Cooper, Alex Martin, Dylan Ferrandis, Hunter Lawrence, Jett Lawrence, Shane McElrath, Ty Masterpool, Colt Nichols, RJ Hampshire (last 2 if healthy) would all be ahead of Sanayei in my opinion. I'd put Darian in with McAdoo, Drake, Brown, Hartranft, Mosiman, Swoll, Shimoda.

EDIT: I say this because firstly Sanayei does not have much experience on the US National tracks, which are much deeper and rutty than MXGP, and secondly because we do not know for sure he has 30+2 in him in the summer heat after a lengthy EB battle.

|

6/25/2020 6:10 PM

I think a top-5 moto might be possible if everything falls in place just right and lots of guys have trouble, but initially I would hope that the goal a few more realistic top-10 overalls. If a few of those happen, then it may make sense to start expecting some top-5s.

He’s on the right team for support, just hope his initial goals aren’t too unrealistic, especially after what happened with Covington.

|

6/25/2020 6:12 PM

- Ferrandis, Cooper, McElrath
- Lawrence x2, Martin
- A Mart
There's 7 guys alone that aren't even in the same zip code as him.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

6/25/2020 6:23 PM

If he brings that speed he had in Spain in 2018, he could be strong.

|

6/25/2020 6:47 PM

The dude ripped when he was healthy, he battled with Jonas and Prado a couple years ago and then he had EB. If 100% healthy a top 5‘s are not out of the question.

|

6/25/2020 6:52 PM

When H Lawrence went over to the US 2019 people expected him to go for the title. Darian wiped the floor with him in early 2018 before he got sick. In Red Sand he was by far the fastest rider - he caught and passed Jorge Prado at his home GP in the sand.

The results don't show it but the guy is really, really good. If he gets this chance I hope he can make the most of it. If he brings the speed we have seen at times in the GPs he is easily good for some top 5s or even podium finishes.

|

6/25/2020 7:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2020 7:14 PM

Wiped the floor?

In what way?

The early 2018 results certainly don't show that.

Give the guy a chance to get settled before foisting unrealistic expectations on him

|

6/25/2020 7:23 PM

Speedwise. At least as far as I can remember. But he was dealing with EB in the first rounds already. And I think he had 2 technical DNFs in the first 2 or 3 rounds, so that didn't help either.

|

6/25/2020 7:47 PM

Agree, although I expect Mosiman to be in the first group not the second... Darian is going to need a great start, and some serious speed for the "full" moto. Something he hasn't really shown in his career so far.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/25/2020 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2020 7:59 PM

I'm a little butt hurt that my comment about a certain test (within the Topic - PC is has run out of riders) that took place yesterday has vanished into thin air.

Nevertheless, I may have spoke too soon and can appreciate GuyB's or one of the othe Mods reasons to remove it.

If I jumped that gun and was out of place then I'll except it and take one of Guy's best left hooks on on me ol chin. No hard feeling gents.

Censorship is needed from time to time and keep up the good work boys. I honestly mean that.

Really, really happy for Darian. It is a golden opportunity to show that he is better that what we have seen in SX.

Go Darrian...ill be rooting for ya and all your team.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/25/2020 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2020 8:24 PM

Boomslang wrote:

I'm a little butt hurt that my comment about a certain test (within the Topic - PC is has run out of riders) that took place yesterday has vanished into thin air.

Nevertheless, I may have spoke too soon and can appreciate GuyB's or one of the othe Mods reasons to remove it.

If I jumped that gun and was out of place then I'll except it and take one of Guy's best left hooks on on me ol chin. No hard feeling gents.

Censorship is needed from time to time and keep up the good work boys. I honestly mean that.

Really, really happy for Darian. It is a golden opportunity to show that he is better that what we have seen in SX.

Go Darrian...ill be rooting for ya and all your team.

My bad, I have just seen that the topic still is alive and well. Had just woken up and the first thing I do every morning, even before my coffee to to Visit my favourate site.

My comment still stands so GuyB is off the hook...my humble aplogies.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/25/2020 9:37 PM

Yeah I was tempted to put Mosiman in the first group too. Personally, I love the 250 class outdoors. Usually there is a pecking order after a few rounds, but those young guys make the early part of each Moto so damn exciting. And after the top 5 or 6 we usually see crazy Moto to Moto and weekend to weekend fluctuations where a guy scores a 5th overall one week and 18th the next. I think Sanayei has podium potential at times, but then there will be days where he's 15-20 overall.

|

6/26/2020 6:27 AM

Seen him a bit in MXGP but he wasn't much of a factor there... However, this is his lucky break, I hope he crushes!!!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/26/2020 6:44 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Seen him a bit in MXGP but he wasn't much of a factor there... However, this is his lucky break, I hope he crushes!!!

He was a factor every once in a while. He certainly had his good and bad tracks. I think those expecting podiums are a little bananas but he should be able to make his way into the top 10 every now and then.

|

6/26/2020 7:19 AM

In 28 MX2 races hes had 12 top 10's, 2 top 5's and 0 podiums (these are overalls, not individual moto finishes.) I hope he does great and proves me wrong but guys acting like hes gonna hop on a PC bike and starting taking podiums are nuts.

|

6/26/2020 7:41 AM

People had way to high expectation of hunter. He hasnt really showed that much in the GPs to make him a contender for wins in the US. He had a really good showing at the mxon in england. In the gps, not so much. Really.

|

6/26/2020 7:57 AM

Exactly. I said exactly this before he made his way here and got roasted for it. Hes been racing professionally for a few years now and really hasn't shown he can get it done yet. Guys based his entire career off the MXDN race rather than looking at all his results. People were acting like Jorge Prado or Pauls Jonass (legit proven 250 champs) were coming over to race.

|

6/26/2020 8:05 AM

Mitch might be looking at Zacko’s path and be thinking, “yup I can make this work.” I’ve been a fan of Darian’s since he showed the grit and determination to pickup and go to Europe! Mitch has signed more than one rider where I thought WTF?...shortly thereafter, I’d be thinking, dam that Mitch is smart! This is your chance....GO DARIAN!

|