Dare I say Tomac getting a little Dungey'esque?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2017 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 3:05 PM

Did a pretty good job of maximizing points on a bad day (at least for him and don't take "bad day" too literal). Seemed a little more patient.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





7/22/2017 3:09 PM

Tomac's stated in the past he tends not to read people's comments about his riding on social stuff, but maybe he's taking note of people saying he's inconsistent?

But I agree he made the best of a shitty day, 1 point over BB4 is better than 0...

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/22/2017 3:11 PM

It's called maturity.

|

7/22/2017 3:16 PM

kzizok wrote:

Did a pretty good job of maximizing points on a bad day (at least for him and don't take "bad day" too literal). Seemed a little more patient.

He grows up.

|

7/22/2017 3:19 PM

He's starting to figure things out in the big bike class & what it takes to win a championship. Good for him.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

7/22/2017 3:19 PM

Gandorlf wrote:

Tomac's stated in the past he tends not to read people's comments about his riding on social stuff, but maybe he's taking note of people saying he's inconsistent?

But I agree he made the best of a shitty day, 1 point over BB4 is better than 0...

It's not like he read on vitalmx if he crashes less he will finish better more often and went "Wow why didn't I think of that?" blink

|

7/22/2017 5:59 PM

Impressed how much quicker he was to get back on the bike compared to when he had the red plate in Supercross.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/22/2017 6:02 PM

I was ecstatic to see him get to his bike and get going with a lot of urgency after that crash. He lost the SX championship by being a slowpoke picking up from a couple of crashes.

He's not Dungey though, how often did Dungey solo crash? Almost never.

|

7/22/2017 6:03 PM

ledger wrote:

Impressed how much quicker he was to get back on the bike compared to when he had the red plate in Supercross.

OMG, you beat me....

|

7/22/2017 6:10 PM

ledger wrote:

Impressed how much quicker he was to get back on the bike compared to when he had the red plate in Supercross.

Fonzarelli wrote:

OMG, you beat me....

We are very wise....wink

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/22/2017 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 6:13 PM

Fonzarelli wrote:

I was ecstatic to see him get to his bike and get going with a lot of urgency after that crash. He lost the SX championship by being a slowpoke picking up from a couple of crashes.

He's not Dungey though, how often did Dungey solo crash? Almost never.

Thats why I said a "little Dungey'esque".

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





7/22/2017 6:31 PM

60 points ahead of today's winner. He does not need to hurry or push himself. Other than bragging rights and bonus $$$, no need for Eli to do much more than ride around.

|

7/22/2017 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 6:47 PM

Bultaco wrote:

60 points ahead of today's winner. He does not need to hurry or push himself. Other than bragging rights and bonus $$$, no need for Eli to do much more than ride around.

Yep, he needs to ride smart, but BB will be on Eli's back tire. If ET3 learned anything from Dungey, now is the time to apply it. Only 20 points between the two.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/22/2017 7:31 PM

H4L wrote:

He's starting to figure things out in the big bike class & what it takes to win a championship. Good for him.

Yup smart kid... After Dungey schooled him he had no choice I believe. Good for him.. Hope he stacks up a lot of titles.

|

7/22/2017 8:32 PM

Yeah it's amazing what happens when your front wheel still works after a simple crash.

|

7/22/2017 8:51 PM

I have a feeling Tomac is going to rack up a bunch of wins and titles...

|

7/22/2017 10:13 PM

Sure, you could say that...but why?

You can't argue with the results.

|

7/22/2017 11:44 PM

Gandorlf wrote:

Tomac's stated in the past he tends not to read people's comments about his riding on social stuff, but maybe he's taking note of people saying he's inconsistent?

But I agree he made the best of a shitty day, 1 point over BB4 is better than 0...

Hut wrote:

It's not like he read on vitalmx if he crashes less he will finish better more often and went "Wow why didn't I think of that?" blink

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

7/22/2017 11:47 PM

If ET3's crash resulted in a front brake problem I think I would have thrown my beer at my TV. Glad he was able to get up quickly like others noted and NOT HURT.
That crash could've been much worse if the bike hit him as it was flipping.

|

7/23/2017 2:59 AM

I've been thinking exactly that all season. He doesn't seem to be rushing things and it's paying off. You just have to think that he (and a lot of riders) have evaluated Dungey's willingness to let the titles come to him. It's not easy to take 2nds and 3rds and just expect that someone is going to falter. Happens every year though!

Like others said above, I sure was happy to see him run for his bike. Really lucky he tucked and didn't land on his shoulder too.

|

7/23/2017 5:40 AM

Have you guys been drinking?

...or am i alone here lol

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

7/23/2017 8:28 AM

Bultaco wrote:

60 points ahead of today's winner. He does not need to hurry or push himself. Other than bragging rights and bonus $$$, no need for Eli to do much more than ride around.

Yep, and the big bonus $$$ is with the championship at the end of the season. He did great today.

|

7/23/2017 8:59 AM

Let's wait until he's won some championships before we make the comparison.

|

7/23/2017 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 10:20 AM

DoctorJD wrote:

Let's wait until he's won some championships before we make the comparison.

Yep. This is Eli's first real run at a 450 Championship where it's his title to lose. He's had the opportunity to throw away titles by crashing under the pressure, or making beginner mistakes...and he's seen what racecraft looks like (Dungey).

We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

|

7/23/2017 11:05 AM

The only thing I saw that was Dungey esque was Eli rushing to get back on his bike. Eli would kill to have Ryan's constant cool headed racing skills.

I don't subscribe to the notion that Dungey waited for the titles to come to him by counting on others to emplode. I do agree that RD would settle for a podium spot rather than risk hitting the deck for a win at times. Stats may not tell the whole story but a brief look at the record book proves that Dunge counted on nothing but his own racing skills.

Eli is a super talented rider. If he can stay focused and emulate Ryan's ability to limit mistakes... then it's game over for everyone else from here on out for quite some time I think.

|

7/23/2017 11:51 AM

The brute force that he shows at times is just mind blowing to me personally. When he is on the bike and a pile of dirt just explodes from underneath the machine, it is just I don't know how he does it category . The other riders have amazing amazing talent , but Eli in the strength category is off the charts . imo

|

7/23/2017 12:23 PM

Sargent Rock wrote:

The brute force that he shows at times is just mind blowing to me personally. When he is on the bike and a pile of dirt just explodes from underneath the machine, it is just I don't know how he does it category . The other riders have amazing amazing talent , but Eli in the strength category is off the charts . imo

Yes, that's no joke. When Eli makes it happen it's worthy of a rewind or two that's for sure.

|

7/23/2017 7:05 PM

ledger wrote:

Impressed how much quicker he was to get back on the bike compared to when he had the red plate in Supercross.

Fonzarelli wrote:

OMG, you beat me....

Probably had nothing to do with being down on the backside of a downhill and not getting mauled did it?

|

7/23/2017 8:17 PM

ledger wrote:

Impressed how much quicker he was to get back on the bike compared to when he had the red plate in Supercross.

Fonzarelli wrote:

OMG, you beat me....

1st Amendment wrote:

Probably had nothing to do with being down on the backside of a downhill and not getting mauled did it?

He had two options. Correct ?

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/23/2017 8:32 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Have you guys been drinking?

...or am i alone here lol

That's what I was thinking laughing .

|