Danny Magoo van fund raiser...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2010 10:11 AM

I know that there was a fund for a long time trying to raise money to get Magoo a van. I just was wondering what ever happened to that?

If it's something that is still in the works, it'd be neat to donate it to another injured rider...in the name of Danny.


If it's still open, please post the paypal address.



Thank you!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/5/2010 10:14 AM

|

5/5/2010 10:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2010 10:18 AM

Jesus christ you're slow. I'm not on here much at all and It was not very hard to keep up with the status of the van, it was posted on here, Racer X and many other places.

|

5/5/2010 10:17 AM

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

|

5/5/2010 10:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2010 10:35 AM

My point was...could it be used to help somebody else now, in Danny's memorial.



|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/5/2010 10:19 AM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

X2

|

5/5/2010 10:32 AM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

oldx wrote:

X2

yep.

|

5/5/2010 11:00 AM

Yep, or James Marshall or....the list is actually quite long.

|

RiderDown.org
"Helping Riders Up"

5/5/2010 11:06 AM

tatonka wrote:

Yep, or James Marshall or....the list is actually quite long.

The van could be a revolving thing.... Give it to somebody each year. Kind of like a "scholarship"...

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/5/2010 11:15 AM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

oldx wrote:

X2

X3

|

5/5/2010 11:23 AM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

oldx wrote:

X2

BIGRIGGIN wrote:

X3

Magoo would have dugg that ...to someone deserving of it..

|

Be obscure clearly.

5/5/2010 11:27 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE]


Add a little "in memory of" on the side and run it just like this!!
|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/5/2010 11:36 AM

I know we have van pics right now. What does rider down do to move from race to race? Would it be helpful to them to use it?

If it's already customized out then obviously, it needs to go to someone that's been injured. Just thinking about options.

|

5/5/2010 11:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2010 11:45 AM

czernik wrote:

Magoo would have dugg that ...to someone deserving of it..

Scottie may not as well-known as Danny, but they got hurt in the same year, hung out together quite a bit, and helped each other out a lot early in their life-changing situations.

I guess it'll come down to what Brad and the donors want to do.

|

5/5/2010 12:01 PM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

oldx wrote:

X2

BIGRIGGIN wrote:

X3

x4

|

5/5/2010 12:05 PM

oldx wrote:

X2

BIGRIGGIN wrote:

X3

ClappedOut wrote:

x4

x5

|

5/5/2010 12:13 PM

I would like to see it go to Scottie, if not someone like him.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/5/2010 12:21 PM

Thanks everyone for thinking of me, and as bad as i need a new vehicle (which is pretty f'in bad! i have been saving $ for about 5 years now and am about 1/2 there) Something that trick and set up for someone with a much worse injury (a quad) it could go to someone much more deserving.

I was thinking maybe someone like Chase Borders?

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/5/2010 12:21 PM

huck wrote:

My point was...could it be used to help somebody else now, in Danny's memorial.



agreed........The was van was long past the donation/raising money to purchase stage, your question seemed far removed. MY Fault Huck......... but yes, there are plenty of people that could use it or the scholarship idea or even a team that is based around the adaptive MX community .

|

5/5/2010 12:23 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Thanks everyone for thinking of me, and as bad as i need a new vehicle (which is pretty f'in bad! i have been saving $ for about 5 years now and am about 1/2 there) Something that trick and set up for someone with a much worse injury (a quad) it could go to someone much more deserving.

I was thinking maybe someone like Chase Borders?

You are to modest Scottie.

|

5/5/2010 12:26 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Thanks everyone for thinking of me, and as bad as i need a new vehicle (which is pretty f'in bad! i have been saving $ for about 5 years now and am about 1/2 there) Something that trick and set up for someone with a much worse injury (a quad) it could go to someone much more deserving.

I was thinking maybe someone like Chase Borders?

That would be awesome.

|

5/5/2010 12:41 PM

Chase would be a good candidate.

|

5/5/2010 12:47 PM

Maybe we could start a sticky fund for OC's ride?

|

5/5/2010 12:55 PM

Crash82 wrote:

Maybe we could start a sticky fund for OC's ride?

x-2

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

5/5/2010 1:32 PM

txmxer wrote:

I know we have van pics right now. What does rider down do to move from race to race? Would it be helpful to them to use it?

If it's already customized out then obviously, it needs to go to someone that's been injured. Just thinking about options.

TX - this van would be better utilized by an injured rider for sure. RDF doesn't need the drivers side lift, etc. that make this set up so unique. Thanks for the thought though!

|

RiderDown.org
"Helping Riders Up"

5/5/2010 1:46 PM

Chase would be a good candidate as well and it would sure beat his Dad's old race trailer! I did speak briefly with Brad this morning (I think we were both still in disbelief and waiting for confirmation). I'm sure the right thing will be done with the Van.

RDF had been working with Danny for a while now and had intended to do an additional fundraiser for Magoo with a restored KTM 495 that was recently donated. I was hoping to pull something together for this year's MXdN. We will still do something with it to help injured riders for sure. We're open to ideas.

Ocscottie, can RDF be of help with your efforts? Let me know!

|

RiderDown.org
"Helping Riders Up"

5/5/2010 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2010 1:56 PM

It would be nice to see some of that money put toward a Danny Chandler statue or memorial. Maybe it could live at the hall of fame or somwhere else it could be seen and appreciated....or if the van is complete or almost complete Im sure Brad will make the right move.

|

5/5/2010 2:02 PM

Big ups to anyone who donated. The van looks sick. Thats a cool thing to be a part of.

|

5/5/2010 10:28 PM

500guy wrote:

it sure would be cool if it got donated to someone like Ocscottie

Absolutely.

|

5/5/2010 11:01 PM

tatonka wrote:

Chase would be a good candidate as well and it would sure beat his Dad's old race trailer! I did speak briefly with Brad this morning (I think we were both still in disbelief and waiting for confirmation). I'm sure the right thing will be done with the Van.

RDF had been working with Danny for a while now and had intended to do an additional fundraiser for Magoo with a restored KTM 495 that was recently donated. I was hoping to pull something together for this year's MXdN. We will still do something with it to help injured riders for sure. We're open to ideas.

Ocscottie, can RDF be of help with your efforts? Let me know!

That would be awesome if RDF threw some help towards Scottie.....very cool. I'm sure you guys will come up with a good plan for Danny's van as well.

Good on everyone involved in these efforts....

|

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ