Dani Pedrosa announces retirement

7/12/2018 8:00am
I know it's non moto but the guy is a legend in road racing & one of the best never to win a MotoGP title. He will be missed in the paddock next year.
|
jgmxdad251
7/12/2018 8:11am
Time for new talent. It is pretty amazing to have at least one win a year in 16 straight seasons.
kage173
7/12/2018 8:22am
I'm sure he's a nice guy, but never liked him. That stems mainly from taking out the 69 in 2006 and the way Honda treated him so favorably over Nicky, which I never understood.

American Honda pressured the GP team to take Nicky and they treated him like a stepchild. Meanwhile Pedrosa was Spanish and so is Repsol so he was golden while delivering less results. In Nicky's championship run they gave the newest parts (as reported at the time) to Pedrosa and Sete Gibernau on Gresini, but not to Nicky. And here Hayden is beating Rossi (one of the best ever) in his prime!

Then they go and keep Pedrosa while pushing Nicky out to Ducati and then to sattellite teams. I don't know why that all bothered me so much about Pedrosa. I probably need to let it go Wink ha.

Natester551v
7/12/2018 8:33am
My view of him changed after he was caught in a sting by Spanish police in some bizarre cheating conspiracy for getting his boat captain's license (I presume to be able to drive his own yacht). From what I remember he had a wireless earbud, and someone was reading him the answers to the exams. Really a strange episode, since he's probably a pretty smart guy; just didn't want to study I guess.

One incident doesn't make a life, but it just seemed so premeditated and shady that I admit I never really looked at him the same...

Still, great rider!
Kyle_McNab
7/12/2018 9:57am
kage173 wrote:
I'm sure he's a nice guy, but never liked him. That stems mainly from taking out the 69 in 2006 and the way Honda treated him...
I'm sure he's a nice guy, but never liked him. That stems mainly from taking out the 69 in 2006 and the way Honda treated him so favorably over Nicky, which I never understood.

American Honda pressured the GP team to take Nicky and they treated him like a stepchild. Meanwhile Pedrosa was Spanish and so is Repsol so he was golden while delivering less results. In Nicky's championship run they gave the newest parts (as reported at the time) to Pedrosa and Sete Gibernau on Gresini, but not to Nicky. And here Hayden is beating Rossi (one of the best ever) in his prime!

Then they go and keep Pedrosa while pushing Nicky out to Ducati and then to sattellite teams. I don't know why that all bothered me so much about Pedrosa. I probably need to let it go Wink ha.

I vaguely remember that even tho is was 12 at the time. That’s what made his championship so special without getting the special treatment. Rip Kentucky kid

The Shop

JPT
7/13/2018 10:34am
kage173 wrote:
I'm sure he's a nice guy, but never liked him. That stems mainly from taking out the 69 in 2006 and the way Honda treated him...

No you don't. Some grudges are worth the effort. Taking out Nicky qualifies.
BMSOBx2
7/13/2018 3:24pm
LOL you guys talk as though Pedrosa did it on purpose.
It was a complete bonehead move. You don't do that to a teammate who's battling for the world championship. He was an entitled little prick with all the might of Repsol sponsorship behind him. Thank God Nicky won even though he wasn't who Honda wanted to win. He would have never lived it down.

Post a reply to: Dani Pedrosa announces retirement

The Latest