Dangerboy

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2018 10:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2018 10:59 PM

Is this kid the real deal? I see he only competed in 65s this year and yea I get the sandbagging comments. Buuut hes eligible so hey, hes the defending champ and best 65 rider in the country that does say a lot. Im not sure how hell stack up on the 85s, theres tough competition, but the kid is definitely fast and hell be up towards the front either way.

Do you guys think hes going to be a top pro. Comparing where hes at now to where other top riders were at this stage. Hes not on 85s yet at lorettas which is what really counts so its too early to say if hes another amateur phenom like Cianciarulo or Alessi, but the way he rides the 85 he is very good. It does seems like the 2nd/3rd place guy is the one who makes it though like Cooper Webb, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey...etc because when they go pro theyre used to being an underdog. RV got 2nd his entire amateur career.

Im just wondering if with Hayden having it all handed to him, the best trainers, coaches, equipment, will not give him that same killer edge like the poor kids have Villopoto, Dungey....etc. It seems like they have more pressure to succeed and will at all costs. It could work the other way though and he develops perfect fundamentals and great fitness from a young age. The question though is what happens when he goes pro and is getting 10ths. Usually those kids who got second/3rd their whole life work harder and have that ability to light a fire and dig deep and the spoiled kids...the Alessis get frustrated and settle into their bad results and get comfortable with not being the best and still getting a paycheck. To win you need that killer instinct when everybodys fit and everybodys on good equipment. Whats he gonna go when the whole field wants to take his head off and on top of that hes mid pack riding the fastest he ever has? Personally I think the kid is incredibly talented and rides like a pro on the little bikes. I just dont know if hes a killer or not yet. Hes damn good though. What do u guys think?

|

8/6/2018 11:03 PM

I've seen him practicing a lot at cahuilla and Pala. He is very fast and does all the jumps on his mini. We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/6/2018 11:10 PM

I heard a lot of sandbagging comments and to an extent I agree, even Brian said the 85 class was stacked. That being said though being the fastest 65 rider in America says a lot. He won by over 30 seconds too. Hes the defending champ you can only ride 65s for a couple years might as well rack up championships and the experience. Hell have plenty of time on the 85s where it actually counts and then well get a better idea. Hes definitely fast as hell I just wonder how he handles adversity when everyone is as good or better and battling for money/their career/livelihood/championships.

|

8/6/2018 11:14 PM

Kid's name is Haiden not Dangerboy.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/6/2018 11:19 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Kid's name is Haiden not Dangerboy.

*Haiden Deegan tongue

|

8/6/2018 11:32 PM

He did race In the 85 limited class this year at Loretta’s. Believe he had a DNF-2nd-2nd

|

8/6/2018 11:55 PM

I think the kid is phenomenal. It almost seems like Brian and the crew werent even that excited about his 65 win. his sister said she thought he would do better. LIKE WTF. the kid killed em. and ya his 85 run was a pair of 2nds but the kids rear brakes were gone since the first turn. I have no idea what it could happen in the future with the kid but as of right now he is crazy fast and on track to do well. (If he doesnt get pushed to much and say F it, or decides by 16 he hates this sport). Its like other sports its hard not to get burnt out when u give up your childhood to be at the racetrack. but all that aside hes impressive id say.

|

8/6/2018 11:56 PM

locky144 wrote:

He did race In the 85 limited class this year at Loretta’s. Believe he had a DNF-2nd-2nd

2nd without rear brakes. rode the whole track on front brakes had a brake failure in turn on of moto 2

|

8/7/2018 12:02 AM

maybe he will go from 65 to 450. LMAO the kid rides the 450 better than i can already HHAHAHAH
|

8/7/2018 12:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 12:33 AM

How is he sand bagging? He's eligible to race in the 7-11 65 age class and he did.

|

8/7/2018 12:30 AM

Is he the same age as Ryan DiFrancesco?

Obviously Deegan is one of the best minicycle riders in the world. He’s fast.

|

bd

8/7/2018 12:44 AM

Haha the kid is awesome and will have a giant fan base when he starts racing pro. Seems like a cool kid and he rips

|

8/7/2018 12:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 12:51 AM

“To win you need that killer instinct when everybodys fit and everybodys on good equipment. Whats he gonna go when the whole field wants to take his head off and on top of that hes mid pack riding the fastest he ever has”

1. This kid knows how to win, probably more so than half on this board.
2. Lol why do you think he’ll be a mid pack rider? Assuming he continues to get better and better, the logical thing to think, he’ll be winning many a.m. titles before turning pro...

Also, tomac grew up wealthy? The dude sure loves to win he puts it all on the line every moto. Just because his family has money doesn’t mean he won’t want to haul major ass and beat the living shit out of his competition.. half of which he might be racing with rn.

|

8/7/2018 1:49 AM

I'd like to see him and Max Vohland race eachother....

|

8/7/2018 2:06 AM

It always irked me how his dad is against him making a career of moto. He said in a video maybe Haiden can win a 250 championship but he wants him in NASCAR and not competing in the 450s because that is where the money is and it will help his brand. Kid has speed and I hope he keeps riding and does leave it for turnleft unless he wants to.

|

8/7/2018 2:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 2:15 AM

bd wrote:

Haiden is 12 and Ryder is 13.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/7/2018 2:14 AM

I don't like him but he can sure ride a little bike fast.

|

8/7/2018 3:59 AM

Who cares about Lorettas championships? The only thing that counts is a Pro Championship. Time will tell.

|

8/7/2018 5:10 AM

There are plenty of people making a hell of a living off youtube alone. He should stay with the youtube stuff and rack up followers. He may not even have to end up riding pro to make a living...

And for the people giving his dad shit. His dad seems to be very successful at almost anything he does. Don't think I'd be ditching him anytime soon! wtf people are so judgmental its not even funny. You have no idea what his dad is teaching him when you turn your stupid fucking computer off. Take a hike.

|

8/7/2018 6:25 AM

Flip109 wrote:

There are plenty of people making a hell of a living off youtube alone. He should stay with the youtube stuff and rack up ...more

Absolutely!! It's weird seeing people talk shit about a 12 year old child or saying "I don't like him" lol. I'm a fan of that whole family and wish them nothing but continued success. God knows, Brian certainly earned it and from my computer screen, he seems to be doing a great job of keeping moto fun. The old man built an empire to which his kids have multiple outlets to which they could be successful. That's every father's dream, man. Good for him.

|

8/7/2018 7:20 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

I'd like to see him and Max Vohland race eachother....

Max is a couple years ahead of Haiden so I don't think it would be a fair matchup for Haiden.

|

8/7/2018 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 7:31 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the OP was based more around is it better the be the “next big thing” (Alessi etc) or the guy with a chip on his shoulder who is sick of being number 2. (RV etc)
I always believe second place try’s harder in the long run

|

8/7/2018 7:31 AM

|

8/7/2018 7:39 AM

Bunch a real "MEN" on this forum hating on a 12 YEAR OLD kid. Don't be jealous because the kid was born into a privileged family.

He's not like a lot of kids I've seen who were born on third base but think they earned the triple.

Like his dad, he's playing the "role" of Dangerboy for his fans the way Brian played the role while promoting the Metal Mulisha.

Haiden is gonna be just fine and success regardless of his path. I say, "Way to go kid."

|

8/7/2018 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 7:59 AM

So some of y'all are hating on a dad for fulfilling his kids dreams?? Most parents like myself would do the same to make sure their kids have a better life set up for them. Deegan didn't come from money. He had a documentary come out a little bit ago that outlined his childhood and career. The best thing for me is when i see my kid having fun. It makes every penny worth it. That is exactly what they are doing as family, but y'all can't stand to see it because they are being successful and having fun doing it.
#jealousy at its finest

|

8/7/2018 8:20 AM

There is no sandbagging in the mini classes at Loretta's.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

8/7/2018 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 8:26 AM

Wait, let me check with my magic 8 ball to determine if Little Deegan is going to be a successful pro or not because, you know, we're all so good at predicting the future.

All I know is the way Brian Deegan raises his kids completely changed my opinion of Deegan, which is to say, he's clearly a good father and I think they are all rad and hope to see big things from Little Deegan in the future. I would like to see them drop the "Danger Boy" Instagram nonsense though. It's lame and social media is even more lame.

|

8/7/2018 8:33 AM

if You think me n Mike were spoiled and settled into bad results your an idiot, my parents didn’t have enough money growing up to buy our bikes or even give us our own bedroom, our results are what paid the bills at 6-7 years old. Not parents spoiling us. Do your research before calling someone spoiled rich kids.

|

8/7/2018 8:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 8:44 AM

Flip109 wrote:

There are plenty of people making a hell of a living off youtube alone. He should stay with the youtube stuff and rack up ...more

Fourth_Floor wrote:

Absolutely!! It's weird seeing people talk shit about a 12 year old child or saying "I don't like him" lol. I'm a fan of that ...more

Agreed.

I've never been specifically a fan of the Metal Mulisha "thing", but there is certainly room for it. However, I'm definitely an overall fan of what Deegan has built. From my perspective he's a real success story. Best of luck to them both and their family.

|

8/7/2018 8:50 AM

bd wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Haiden is 12 and Ryder is 13.

Wouldn't he have to be 11 to race the 7-11 class?

|